Stackelberg Assumption vs. Nash Assumption in Partially Cooperative Games
We deal with n-person normal form games where a subset of players decide to cooperate (signatories) and choose strategies by maximizing the aggregate welfare of the coalition members as in International Environmental Agreements (IEA) context. The non-cooperating (non-signatories) players choose their strategies as a Nash equilibrium. In this paper the partial cooperative equilibrium (PCE) under the Nash-Cournot and the Stackelberg assumptions are considered and presented also in the case of non-signatories multiple decision. Some properties are discussed in both situations, particularly the profit of the players are compared.
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Opletalova 26, CZ-110 00 Prague|
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://auco.cuni.cz/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lina Mallozzi & Stef Tijs, 2009. "Coordinating choice in partial cooperative equilibrium," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1459-1465.
- AMIR, Rabah & GRILO, Isabel, .
"Stackelberg versus Cournot equilibrium,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1368, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Carraro, Carlo & Siniscalco, Domenico, 1992. "The international dimension of environmental policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 379-387, April.
- Subhadip Chakrabarti & Robert Gilles & Emiliya Lazarova, 2011. "Strategic behavior under partial cooperation," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 71(2), pages 175-193, August.
- Elena Denisova & Andrey Garnaev, 2008. "Fish Wars: Cooperative and Non-Cooperative Approaches," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 028-040, March.
- Beaudry, Paul & Cahuc, Pierre & Kempf, Hubert, 2000.
" Is It Harmful to Allow Partial Cooperation?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Ray, D. & Vohra, R., 1993.
"Equilibrium Binding Agreements,"
21, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Yi, Sang-Seung, 1997. "Stable Coalition Structures with Externalities," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 201-237, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:aucocz:au2012_005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Stastna)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.