Spatial Reaction of Prices in the Vegetable Markets to Restrictions on Foreign Trade
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zornitsa Kutlina-Dimitrova, 2017.
"The economic impact of the Russian import ban: a CGE analysis,"
International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 537-552, October.
- Kutlina-Dimitrova, Zornitsa, 2015. "The economic impact of the Russian import ban: A CGE analysis," DG TRADE Chief Economist Notes 2015-3, Directorate General for Trade, European Commission.
- K. Borodin., 2016. "The impact of the embargo and sanctions on the agri-food markets in Russia: Analysis of consequences," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 4.
- Stigler, George J & Sherwin, Robert A, 1985.
"The Extent of the Market,"
Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 555-585, October.
- George J. Stigler & Robert A. Sherwin, 1983. "The Extent of the Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 31, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- John F. Helliwell & Geneviève Verdier, 2001.
"Measuring internal trade distances: a new method applied to estimate provincial border effects in Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 34(4), pages 1024-1041, November.
- John F. Helliwell & Geneviève Verdier, 2001. "Measuring internal trade distances: a new method applied to estimate provincial border effects in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1024-1041, November.
- Richard J. Sexton & Catherine L. Kling & Hoy F. Carman, 1991.
"Market Integration, Efficiency of Arbitrage, and Imperfect Competition: Methodology and Application to U.S. Celery,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(3), pages 568-580.
- Sexton, Richard J. & Kling, Catherine L. & Carman, Hoy F., 1990. "Market Integration, Efficiency of Arbitrage, and Imperfect Competition: Methodology and Application to U.S. Celery," 1990 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Vancouver, Canada 270897, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kling, Catherine L. & Sexton, Richard & Carman, Hoy, 1991. "Market Integration, Efficiency of Arbitrage, and Imperfect Competition: Methodology and Application to U.S. Celery," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1609, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 1996. "Market Analysis Methods: Are Our Enriched Toolkits Well Suited to Enlivened Markets?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 825-829.
- Glushchenko Konstantin, 2004. "Integration of the Russian Market. Empirical Analysis," EERC Working Paper Series 04-06e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Florian, Michael & Los, Marc, 1982. "A new look at static spatial price equilibrium models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 579-597, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gluschenko, Konstantin, 2020. "Long-Term Evolution of Russia’s Market Integration," MPRA Paper 100118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Olivier Massol & Albert Banal-Estañol, 2014. "Market power across the Channel: Are Continental European gas markets isolated ?," Working Papers hal-02475017, HAL.
- Babatunde O. Abidoye & Marlene Labuschagne, 2014. "The transmission of world maize price to South African maize market: a threshold cointegration approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 501-512, July.
- Baffes, John & Ajwad, Mohamed I., 1998. "Detecting price links in the world cotton market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1944, The World Bank.
- Toivonen, Ritva & Toppinen, Anne & Tilli, Tapio, 2002. "Integration of roundwood markets in Austria, Finland and Sweden," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 33-42, May.
- Listorti, Giulia & Esposti, Roberto, 2012. "Horizontal Price Transmission in Agricultural Markets: Fundamental Concepts and Open Empirical Issues," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-28, April.
- Monika Roman, 2020. "Spatial Integration of the Milk Market in Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-1, February.
- Sahito, Jam Ghulam Murtaza, 2015. "Market integration of wheat in Pakistan," Discussion Papers 72, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- John Baffes & Bruce Gardner, 2003. "The transmission of world commodity prices to domestic markets under policy reforms in developing countries," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 159-180.
- Mutambatsere, Emelly & Mabaya, Edward T. & Christy, Ralph D., 2006. "Integration and Equilibrium of Maize Markets in Southern Africa: A SADC Sub-regional Assessment," Working Papers 127056, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Goodwin, Barry K. & Grennes, Thomas J. & Craig, Lee A., 2002. "Mechanical Refrigeration and the Integration of Perishable Commodity Markets," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 154-182, April.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Li, Jau-Rong & Bailey, DeeVon, 2000.
"Factor And Product Market Tradability And Equilibrium In Pacific Rim Pork Industries,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, July.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Li, Jau-Rong & Bailey, DeeVon, 1999. "Factor and Product Market Tradability and Equilibrium in Pacific Rim Pork Industries," Working Papers 127696, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Claudio Araujo & Catherine Araujo Bonjean & Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel, 2005.
"Devaluation and Cattle Market Integration in Burkina Faso,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(3), pages 359-384, September.
- Claudio ARAUJO & Catherine ARAUJO BONJEAN & Jean-Louis COMBES & Pascale COMBES MOTEL, 2001. "Devaluation and Cattle Markets Integration in Burkina Faso," Working Papers 200114, CERDI.
- Pascale Combes Motel & Claudio Araujo & Catherine Araujo Bonjean & Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel, 2005. "Devaluation and Cattle Market Integration in Burkina Faso," Post-Print halshs-01822025, HAL.
- Dragan Miljkovic, 2009.
"US and Canadian livestock prices: market integration and trade dependence,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 183-193.
- Miljkovic, Dragan, 2006. "U.S. and Canadian Livestock Prices: Market Integration and Trade Dependence," 2006 Conference, April 17-18, 2006, St. Louis, Missouri 18996, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Miljkovic, Dragan, 2006. "U.S. and Canadian Livestock Prices: Market Integration and Trade Dependence," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21396, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Li, Jau-Rong & Barrett, Christopher B., 1999. "Distinguishing Between Equilibrium And Integration In Markets Analysis," Working Papers 14607, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Stephan von Cramon-Taubadel, 2017. "The analysis of market integration and price transmission – results and implications in an African context," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(2), pages 83-96, April.
- Abbott, Philip & Wu, Ce & Tarp, Finn, 2011. "Transmission of World Prices to the Domestic Market in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 84611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sundaramoorthy, C. & Mathur, V.C. & Jha, G.K., 2014. "Price Transmission along the Cotton Value Chain," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 27(2).
- Machado Junior, Pedro Celso & Chung, Chanjin, 2018. "Spatial Price Transmission, Transaction Costs, and Econometric Modelling: How Inference Can Be Improved When Transaction Costs Are Observed?," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274841, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-502 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2007.
"Modelling trends in food market integration: Method and an application to Tanzanian maize markets,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 112-127, February.
- van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2005. "Modelling Trends in Food Market Integration: Method and an Application to Tanzanian Maize Markets," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24718, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Abdulai, Awudu, 2000. "Spatial price transmission and asymmetry in the Ghanaian maize market," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 327-349, December.
More about this item
Keywordsspatial price differentiation; sanctions; food embargo; price volatility; border effect; Russia;
All these keywords.
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:far:spaeco:y:2018:i:1:p:117-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergey Rogov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecrinru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.