An analysis of factors influencing the online presence in distant countries: the case of italian fashion brands in china
The aim of the paper is to examine some of the factors that could potentially affect a firm’s online presence in international distant markets. More specifically, the study focuses on Italian fashion firms that operate in China, and examines the impact of firm’s size, experience, and positioning (luxury brand or not) on the adoption of a digital presence in this emerging country.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 2016/3 (2016)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=125|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/Elenco_Prodotti.aspx?startCode=DC Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berthon, Pierre R. & Pitt, Leyland F. & Plangger, Kirk & Shapiro, Daniel, 2012. "Marketing meets Web 2.0, social media, and creative consumers: Implications for international marketing strategy," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 261-271.
- Kip Becker & Helena Nobre & Vijay Kanabar, 2013. "Monitoring and protecting company and brand reputation on social networks: when sites are not enough," Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 15(2/3), pages 293-308.
- Hui-Jung Chang, 2011. "Multinationals on the web: Cultural similarities and differences in English-language and Chinese-language website designs," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(6), pages 1105-1117, June.
- Alessandra Perri & Francesca Checchinato & Cinzia Colapinto, 2013. "The hidden costs of going global: insights from firms' entry into foreign markets," Working Papers 26, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Alessandro Gandolfo & Lorenzo Lupi, 2014. "Social network branding: la politica di marca nell’era delle reti sociali digitali," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 151-175.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 2009. "The Uppsala internationalization process model revisited: From liability of foreignness to liability of outsidership," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(9), pages 1411-1431, December.
- Bruno Godey & Daniele Pederzoli & Gaetano Aiello & Raffaele Donvito & Klaus-Peter Wiedmann & Nadine Hennigs, 2013. "A cross-cultural exploratory content analysis of the perception of luxury from six countries," Post-Print hal-00956659, HAL.
- Petersen, Bent & Welch, Lawrence S. & Liesch, Peter, 2002. "The Internet And Foreign Market Expansion By Firms," Working Papers 7-2002, Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management.
- Walczuch, Rita & Van Braven, Gert & Lundgren, Henriette, 2000. "Internet adoption barriers for small firms in The Netherlands," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 561-572, October.
- Zhan, Lingjing & He, Yanqun, 2012. "Understanding luxury consumption in China: Consumer perceptions of best-known brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1452-1460.
- Li, Guoxin & Li, Guofeng & Kambele, Zephaniah, 2012. "Luxury fashion brand consumers in China: Perceived value, fashion lifestyle, and willingness to pay," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1516-1522.
- Mangold, W. Glynn & Faulds, David J., 2009. "Social media: The new hybrid element of the promotion mix," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 357-365, July.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- Ruby Roy Dholakia & Nir Kshetri, 2004. "Factors Impacting the Adoption of the Internet among SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 311-322, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fan:mcmcmc:v:html10.3280/mc2016-003004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.