Dinamiche del commercio internazionale dell’olio di oliva italiano: un’analisi prospettica
International trade of Italian Olive Oil: a perspective analysis - The paper analyses the dynamics of the Italian olive oil trade and gives a preliminary explanation of the opportunity in the international market. The paper starts showing the description of olive oil chain and production and underlining the main factors affecting the import export system. The aim of this work is to explain the magnitude of the trade flows for olive oil from Italy to its main importing countries. This objective has been reached by establishing an appropriate econometric model derived from an extended form of the "Gravity Model". This model has been broadly applied to the analysis of international trade because it provides robust estimates. The results obtained and the model itself are useful in forecasting potential trends in the exportation of high quality Italian olive oil. JEL Codes: Q13, Q17, C20 Key words: Italian Olive Oil, Food-Trade, Gravity Models, Export Analysis
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=87|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/Elenco_Prodotti.aspx?startCode=DC Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carri, Carlo Bernini & Sassi, Maria, 2007. "Trade and Competitiveness of the Mediterranean Countries on the Olive Oil Market," 103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain 9421, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D., 2003. "Augmented gravity model: An empirical application to Mercosur- European trade flows," International Trade 0309019, EconWPA.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann, 2003. "Augmented Gravity Model: An Empirical Application to Mercosur-European Union Trade Flows," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 6, pages 291-316, November.
- De Blasi, Giuseppe & Seccia, Antonio & Carlucci, Domenico & Santeramo, Fabio G., 2007. "Analysis of Italian High Quality Wine Exports using the Gravity Model Approach," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7901, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vlontzos, George N. & Duquenne, Marie-Noelle, 2007. "Evolution of trade flows for sheep milk cheese: an empirical model for Greece," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7884, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Neal H. Hooker & Julie A. Caswell, 1996. "Trends in food quality regulation: Implications for processed food trade and foreign direct investment," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 411-419.
- Canavari, Maurizio & Cantore, Nicola, 2007. "The challenge of the international organic certification: a new opportunity for agricultural trading?," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7902, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fan:ecaqec:v:html10.3280/ecag2009-002009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.