MERCOSUR-European Union Trade: How important is EU Trade Liberalisation for MERCOSUR's Exports?
In this study, MERCOSUR's past exports to the EU under the protectionist environment of the period between 1988 and 1996 are examined and an attempt is made to determine MERCOSUR's exports' growth potential in a liberalised EU market. A sectoral study is considered indispensable since tariff and non-tariff trade barriers vary strongly among sectors. The influence of the macroeconomic environment on MERCOSUR's exports is examined in a dynamic panel analysis. A simulation study based on a quite comprehensive evaluation of EU trade barriers is performed for the Argentinean case in order to evaluate the impact of EU trade liberalisation.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.cege.wiso.uni-goettingen.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D., 2004. "Economic and Geographical Distance: Explaining Mercosur Sectoral Exports to the EU," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 291-314, 07.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S, 1978. "The Supply and Demand for Exports: A Simultaneous Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 275-86, May.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D., 2003. "Explaining MERCOSUR sectoral exports to the EU: The role of economic and geographical distance," International Trade 0309025, EconWPA.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D., 2003. "Augmented gravity model: An empirical application to Mercosur- European trade flows," International Trade 0309019, EconWPA.
- J. Michael Finger, 2001. "Implementing the Uruguay Round Agreements: Problems for Developing Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(9), pages 1097-1108, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cegedp:30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.