Efficiency, egalitarianism, stability and social welfare in infinite dimensional economies
In the framework of general equilibrium theory, this paper considers the existing relationship between the concepts of egalitarianism, efficiency and fairness, in a pure exchange economy with infinitely many goods. We consider the possibility of achieving an efficient egalitarian allocation in a decentralized way. Finally we introduce an index to measure the degree of inequality in a given economy.
Volume (Year): XXXIII (2014)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenida Lazaro Cardenas 4600 Ote., Fraccionamiento Residencial Las Torres, C.P. 64930. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. México.|
Phone: +52 (81) 8329 4150
Fax: (8) 342 28 97
Web page: http://www.economia.uanl.mx
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kalai, Ehud, 1977.
"Proportional Solutions to Bargaining Situations: Interpersonal Utility Comparisons,"
Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1623-1630, October.
- Ehud Kalai, 1977. "Proportional Solutions to Bargaining Situations: Interpersonal Utility Comparisons," Discussion Papers 179, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1997:i:48 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sen, Amartya K, 1977. "On Weights and Measures: Informational Constraints in Social Welfare Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1539-1572, October.
- A. S. Pinto Barbosa & Boyan Jovanovic & Mark M. Spiegel, 1997. "Inequality and Stability," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 48, pages 15-40.
- A. S. Pinto Barbosa & Boyan Jovanovic & Mark M. Spiegel, 1996. "Inequality and stability," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 96-08, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Roth, Alvin E, 1979. "Proportional Solutions to the Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 775-777, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ere:journl:v:xxxiii:y:2014:i:1:p:1-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dora María Vega Facio)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.