Agregados monetarios, inflación y actividad económica en México
This paper analyzes the relationships of monetary aggregates with inflation and economic activity in Mexico from 1980 to 2000. The stability of the long-run and short-run demands for each aggregate is examined and the exogeneity properties of the variables involved are discussed. Among all the definitions of money, currency is the one that helps to forecast inflation and economic activity better although, even in this case, the usefulness of monetary aggregates for this purpose seems to be rather modest
Volume (Year): 18 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- David F. Hendry & Neil R. Ericsson, 1990.
"Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
383, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hendry, David F. & Ericsson, Neil R., 1991. "Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 833-881, May.
- Steven B. Kamin & Neil R. Ericsson, 1993. "Dollarization in Argentina," International Finance Discussion Papers 460, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John Thornton, 1996. "Cointegration, error correction, and the demand for money in Mexico," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 132(4), pages 690-699, December.
- Quintos, Carmela E & Phillips, Peter C B, 1993. "Parameter Constancy in Cointegrating Regressions," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 675-706.
- Hallman, Jeffrey J & Porter, Richard D & Small, David H, 1991. "Is the Price Level Tied to the M2 Monetary Aggregate in the Long Run?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 841-58, September.
- Vasco De & A. Gabriel & Artur C. B. Da Silva Lopes & Luis Nunes, 2003. "Instability in cointegration regressions: a brief review with an application to money demand in Portugal," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(8), pages 893-900.
- Juan Luis Vega, 1998. "Money demand stability: Evidence from Spain," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 387-400.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:18:y:2003:i:1:p:37-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.