La restricción externa dinámica al crecimiento de México a través de las propensiones del comercio, 1970-1999
The Post Keynesian argument that the main limitation to growth -basically of any middle income country- is due to the trade deficit. This feature, which is structural, is called -within this frame work- External Constraint to Growth, ECG, through cointegration and ECM analysis for exports and imports functions, it is empirically demonstrated the dynamic evolution of the ECG, for 1970-1999. Despite the Mexican Economy is considerably linked to the international economy, manufacturing leads the growth process and several structural reforms have been implemented since 1985, the main conclusion is that the ECG has not changed.
Volume (Year): 16 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1997. "Macroeconomic issues from a keynesian perspective," Books, Edward Elgar, number 1280, March.
- H. Sonmez Atesoglu, 1995. "An explanation of the slowdown in US economic growth," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 91-94.
- Juan Carlos Moreno-Brid & Esteban Pérez, 1999. "Balance-of-Payments-Constrained Growth in Central America: 1950-96," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 131-147, October.
- Dawn Richards Elliott & Rupert Rhodd, 1999. "Explaining growth rate differences in highly indebted countries: an extension to Thirlwall and Hussain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(9), pages 1145-1148.
- Juan Carlos Moreno-Brid, 1999. "On Capital Flows and the Balance-of-Payments-Constrained Growth Model," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 21(2), pages 283-298, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:16:y:2001:i:2:p:227-251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.