Adverse selection in China's New Rural Cooperative Medical Scheme
Purpose - The purpose of this paper is to examine the adverse selection in participation in the New Rural Cooperative Medical Scheme (NRCMS), as well as in outpatient and inpatient service utilization, in Chaoyang, Beijing, China. Design/methodology/approach - Probit model is established to test whether the rural Findings - This paper finds that the rural Originality/value - This is the first study to empirically test the adverse selection in China's medical insurance market from the perspective of two different types of households, which are CH and PRH.
Volume (Year): 4 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.emeraldinsight.com|
|Order Information:|| Postal: Emerald Group Publishing, Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, BD16 1WA, UK|
Web: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/caer.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Hong & Zhang, Licheng & Yip, Winnie & Hsiao, William, 2006. "Adverse selection in a voluntary Rural Mutual Health Care health insurance scheme in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1236-1245, September.
- Zhang, Licheng & Wang, Hong, 2008. "Dynamic process of adverse selection: Evidence from a subsidized community-based health insurance in rural China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(7), pages 1173-1182, October.
- Yip, Winnie & Hsiao, William, 2009. "China's health care reform: A tentative assessment," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 613-619, December.
- Dong, Keyong, 2009. "Medical insurance system evolution in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 591-597, December.
- Karen Eggleston & Winnie Yip, 2004.
"Hospital Competition under Regulated Prices: Application to Urban Health Sector Reforms in China,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 343-368, December.
- Karen Eggleston & Winnie Yip, 2004. "Hospital Competition under Regulated Prices: Application to Urban Health Sector Reforms in China," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0401, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- H. Holly Wang & Shaomin Huang & Linxiu Zhang & Scott Rozelle & Yuanyuan Yan, 2010. "A comparison of rural and urban healthcare consumption and health insurance," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 212-227, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:caerpp:v:4:y:2012:i:1:p:69-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.