Language as a resource to assess cross-cultural equivalence in quantitative management research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oded Shenkar & Mary Ann von Glinow, 1994. "Paradoxes of Organizational Theory and Research: Using the Case of China to Illustrate National Contingency," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 56-71, January.
- Schmitt, Bernd H & Zhang, Shi, 1998. " Language Structure and Categorization: A Study of Classifiers in Consumer Cognition, Judgment, and Choice," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 108-122, September.
- Janssens, Maddy & Lambert, José & Steyaert, Chris, 2004. "Developing language strategies for international companies: the contribution of translation studies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 414-430, November.
- Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E M & Baumgartner, Hans, 1998. " Assessing Measurement Invariance in Cross-National Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 78-90, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:manint:v:53:y:2013:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-012-0154-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Ashish Malik & Ralf Bebenroth, 2017. "Mind Your Language! : Role of Target Firm Language in Post-Merger Integration," Discussion Paper Series DP2017-15, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Charters, Steve & Spielmann, Nathalie, 2014. "Characteristics of strong territorial brands: The case of champagne," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(7), pages 1461-1467.
- Harzing, Anne-Wil & Pudelko, Markus, 2013. "Language competencies, policies and practices in multinational corporations: A comprehensive review and comparison of Anglophone, Asian, Continental European and Nordic MNCs," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 87-97.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-cultural equivalence Language International business Translation Semantics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:46:y:2011:i:3:p:314-319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.