State transfers to the poor and back: The case of the Food-for-Work program in India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Basu, Kaushik, 1996. "Relief programs: When it may be better to give food instead of cash," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 91-96, January.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Carter, Michael R., 2002.
"Can't Get Ahead for Falling Behind: Development Policy, Poverty, and Relief Traps,"
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 17(4).
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Carter, Michael R., 2001. "Can't Get Ahead For Falling Behind: Development Policy, Poverty, And Relief Traps," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 16(4).
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2003. "Right to food in India," Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad Working Papers 50, Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad, India.
- Beatrice Lorge Rogers & Jennifer Coates, 2002. "Food-Based Safety Nets and Related Programs," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 12, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Lorge Rogers, Beatrice & Coates, Jennifer, 2002. "Food-based safety nets and related programs," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 29735, The World Bank.
- Wade, Robert, 1985. "The market for public office: Why the Indian state is not better at development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 467-497, April.
- Bhalotra, Sonia, 2002. "Welfare Implications of Fiscal Reform: The Case of Food Subsidies in India," WIDER Working Paper Series 032, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Newman Carol & Zhang Mengyang, 2015. "Connections and the Allocation of Public Benefits," WIDER Working Paper Series 031, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Craig Johnson & Hari Bansha Dulal & Martin Prowse & Krishna Krishnamurthy & Tom Mitchell, 2013. "Social Protection and Climate Change: Emerging Issues for Research, Policy and Practice," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 31, pages 2-18, November.
- Das, Upasak, 2015. "Does Political Activism and Affiliation Affect Allocation of Benefits in the Rural Employment Guarantee Program: Evidence from West Bengal, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 202-217.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:284-296 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mooij, J.E., 2005. "Hype, skill and class : a comparative analysis of the politics of reforms in Andhra Pradesh, India," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19172, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Akerkar, Supriya & Joshi, P.C. & Fordham, Maureen, 2016. "Cultures of Entitlement and Social Protection: Evidence from Flood Prone Bahraich, Uttar Pradesh, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 46-58.
- Maiorano, Diego, 2014. "The Politics of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in Andhra Pradesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 95-105.
- Dutta, Sujoy, 2015. "An uneven path to accountability: A comparative study of MGNREGA in two states of India," Discussion Papers, Inequality and Social Policy SP I 2015-201, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Lara Cockx & Nathalie Francken, 2016. "Evolution and Impact of EU Aid for Food and Nutrition Security: A Review," FOODSECURE Working papers 47, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Subramanian, Arjunan & Qaim, Matin, 2006. "Competition, Kinship or Reciprocity? Village Experiments in Alternative Modes of Exchange," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25434, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Xu, Zhigang & Xu, Jintao & Deng, Xiangzheng & Huang, Jikun & Uchida, Emi & Rozelle, Scott, 2006. "Grain for Green versus Grain: Conflict between Food Security and Conservation Set-Aside in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 130-148, January.
- Christian Romer Lovendal, 2007. "Understanding the Dynamics of Food Insecurity and Vulnerability in Orissa, India," Working Papers 07-28, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:203-213 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yu Chen & Sylvie Démurger, 2014.
"Pro-rural policies, income and inequality : Evaluating a cash-for-work program in rural China,"
1415, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Yu Chen & Sylvie Démurger, 2014. "Pro-rural policies, income and inequality : Evaluating a cash-for-work program in rural China," Working Papers halshs-00993574, HAL.
- Yu Chen & Sylvie Démurger, 2014. "Pro-rural policies, income and inequality : Evaluating a cash-for-work program in rural China," Post-Print halshs-00994248, HAL.
- Margaret Grosh & Carlo del Ninno & Emil Tesliuc & Azedine Ouerghi, 2008. "For Protection and Promotion : The Design and Implementation of Effective Safety Nets," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6582.
- N.C. Saxena & Tim Conway & Cecilia Luttrell & Edward Anderson & John Farrington & Gerard Gill, 2016. "Food Security and the Millennium Development Goal on Hunger in Asia," Working Papers id:11094, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:33:y:2005:i:4:p:575-591. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.