Immunization in Developing Countries: Its Political and Organizational Determinants
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gauri, Varun & Khaleghian, Peyvand, 2002. "Immunization in developing countries : its political and organizational determinants," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2769, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nichter, Mark, 1995. "Vaccinations in the third world: A consideration of community demand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 617-632, September.
- Anastasia Gage & A. Sommerfelt & Andrea Piani, 1997. "Household structure and childhood immunization in Niger and Nigeria," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 34(2), pages 295-309, May.
- Streefland, Pieter H., 1995. "Enhancing coverage and sustainability of vaccination programs: An explanatory framework with special reference to India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 647-656, September.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Sonalde Desai & Soumya Alva, 1998. "Maternal education and child health: Is there a strong causal relationship?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(1), pages 71-81, February.
- A. Bhargava & L. Franzini & W. Narendranathan, 2006. "Serial Correlation and the Fixed Effects Model," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches In Food And Health Sciences, chapter 4, pages 61-77 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Muraskin, William, 1995. "Bucking the health establishment: Alexander Milne and the fight for a New Zealand hepatitis B immunization program," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 211-225, July.
- Robert W. Fogel, 1986.
"Nutrition and the Decline in Mortality since 1700: Some Preliminary Findings,"
NBER Chapters,in: Long-Term Factors in American Economic Growth, pages 439-556
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert W. Fogel, 1984. "Nutrition and the Decline in Mortality Since 1700: Some Preliminary Findings," NBER Working Papers 1402, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne Pebley & Noreen Goldman & Germán Rodríguez, 1996. "Prenatal and delivery care and childhood immunization in guatemala: Do family and community matter?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 33(2), pages 231-247, May.
- Langsten, Ray & Hill, Kenneth, 1998. "The accuracy of mothers' reports of child vaccination: evidence from rural Egypt," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1205-1212, May.
- Beck, Thorsten & Clarke, George & Groff, Alberto & Keefer, Philip & Walsh, Patrick, 2000. "New tools and new tests in comparative political economy - the database of political institutions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2283, The World Bank.
- N/A, 1985. "Bangladesh," India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs, , vol. 41(1), pages 132-135, January.
- Kim Streatfield & Masri Singarimbun & Ian Diamond, 1990. "Maternal Education and Child Immunization," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 27(3), pages 447-455, August.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:6:922-925_4 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ryoko Sato & Yoshito Takasaki, 2015. "Psychic vs. Economic Barriers to Vaccine Take-up: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Nigeria," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-983, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Khaleghian, Peyvand & Sarwal, Rakesh, 2003. "Governance of communicable disease control services : a case study and lessons from India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3100, The World Bank.
- Dietrich, Simone, 2011. "The Politics of Public Health Aid: Why Corrupt Governments Have Incentives to Implement Aid Effectively," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 55-63, January.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:20:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9367-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Breitwieser, Anja & Wick, Katharina, 2016.
"What We Miss By Missing Data: Aid Effectiveness Revisited,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 554-571.
- Anja Breitwieser & Katharina Wick, 2013. "What We Miss By Missing Data: Aid Effectiveness Revisited," Vienna Economics Papers 1302, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Razum, Oliver, 2004. "Global public health mandates in a diverse world: the polio eradication initiative and the expanded programme on immunization in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 327-345, December.
- RyokoSato & Yoshito Takasaki, 2016. "Peer Effects on Vaccination: Experimental Evidence from Rural Nigeria," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-1002, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Varun Gauri, 2011. "The cost of complying with human rights treaties: The convention on the rights of the child and basic immunization," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 33-56, March.
- Xie, Jipan & Dow, William H., 2005. "Longitudinal study of child immunization determinants in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 601-611, August.
- Masayuki Kudamatsu, 2012.
"Has Democratization Reduced Infant Mortality In Sub-Saharan Africa? Evidence From Micro Data,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 10(6), pages 1294-1317, December.
- Masayuki Kudamatsu, 2007. "Has Democratization Reduced Infant Mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa? Evidence from Micro Data," ISER Discussion Paper 0685, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Khaleghian, Peyvand, 2003. "Decentralization and public services : the case of immunization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2989, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2005. "Benchmarking Immunization Program Performance in the Africa Region," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8619, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:190:y:2017:i:c:p:237-246 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth Crouch & Lori Dickes, 2015. "A Prediction Model of Childhood Immunization Rates," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 243-251, April.
- Mani, Anandi & Mukand, Sharun, 2007. "Democracy, visibility and public good provision," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 506-529, July.
- McGuire, James W., 2006. "Basic health care provision and under-5 mortality: A Cross-National study of developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 405-425, March.
- Timothy Besley & Masayuki Kudamatsu, 2006. "Health and Democracy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 313-318, May.
- Mukherjee, D., 2006. "A Note on Polio Count: Some empirical evidence from India," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(3).
- Eggen, Andrea & Bezemer, Dirk J, 2007. "Do Poverty Reduction Strategies Help Achieve The Millennium Development Goals?," MPRA Paper 7030, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Satis Devkota & Christopher Butler, 2016. "Caste-ethnic disparity in vaccine use among 0- to 5-year-old children in Nepal: a decomposition analysis," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(6), pages 693-699, July.
- Raut, Nirmal Kumar & Shrestha, Devendra Prasad, 2011. "Why Low Adult Immunization? An inquiry into the case of Hepatitis B Vaccine in the Peri-Urban Areas of Kathmandu Valley," MPRA Paper 61711, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2015.
More about this item
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:30:y:2002:i:12:p:2109-2132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .