Japanese colonialism and Korean development: A critique
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1994.
"Distributive Politics and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 465-490.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani & Alesina, Alberto, 1994. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," Scholarly Articles 4551798, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Charles R. Frank Jr. & Kwang Suk Kim & Larry E. Westphal, 1975. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: South Korea," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fran75-1, December.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1994. "Is Inequality Harmful for Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 600-621, June.
- Kohli, Atul, 1994. "Where do high growth political economies come from? The Japanese lineage of Korea's "developmental state"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1269-1293, September.
- Charles R. Frank Jr. & Kwang Suk Kim & Larry E. Westphal, 1975. "Appendices to "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: South Korea"," NBER Chapters, in: Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: South Korea, pages 245-257, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimura, Mitsuhiko, 1993. "Standards of Living in Colonial Korea: Did the Masses Become Worse Off or Better Off Under Japanese Rule?," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 629-652, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Waterbury, John, 1999. "The Long Gestation and Brief Triumph of Import-Substituting Industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 323-341, February.
- repec:eee:exehis:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:1-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ejw:journl:v:13:y:2016:i:1:p:100-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hsiao, Frank S. T. & Hsiao, Mei-chu W., 2003. ""Miracle Growth" in the Twentieth Century--International Comparisons of East Asian Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 227-257, February.
- Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2017. "East Asian Financial and Economic Development," Working Papers id:12112, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:155:y:2018:i:c:p:178-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koyama, Mark & Moriguchi, Chiaki & Sng, Tuan-Hwee, 2018.
"Geopolitics and Asia’s little divergence: State building in China and Japan after 1850,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 178-204.
- KOYAMA, Mark & MORIGUCHI, Chiaki & SNG, Tuan-Hwee, 2017. "Geopolitics and Asia’s Little Divergence: State Building in China and Japan After 1850," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-51, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kim, Yong Jin, 2004. "Factors affecting colonial industrialization in the endowment view of settlement versus extraction," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 55-80, January.
- Kyle, Jordan, 2017. "Perspectives on the role of the state in economic development: Taking stock of the â€œDevelopmental Stateâ€ after 35 years," IFPRI discussion papers 1597, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Laura Routley, 2012. "Developmental states: a review of the literature," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series esid-003-12, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- repec:bla:ehsrev:v:71:y:2018:i:3:p:938-964 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:25:y:1997:i:6:p:867-881. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.