Bringing water markets down to earth: The political economy of water rights in Chile, 1976-1995
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Livingston, Marie Leigh & DEC, 1993. "Designing water institutions : market failures and institutional response," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1227, The World Bank.
- Bonnie G. Colby, 1990. "Transactions Costs and Efficiency in Western Water Allocation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1184-1192.
- Rios Brehm, M. & Quiroz, J., 1995. "The Market for Water Rights in Chile," Papers 285, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Daniel W. Bromley, 1982. "Land and Water Problems: An Institutional Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 64(5), pages 834-844.
- Mónica Ríos & Jorge Quiroz, 1995. "The Market of Water Rights in Chile: Major Issues," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 32(97), pages 317-346.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1994. "Markets in tradable water rights: Potential for efficiency gains in developing country water resource allocation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1613-1625, November.
- Robert A. Young, 1986. "Why Are There So Few Transactions among Water Users?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(5), pages 1143-1151.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- G. Donoso & O. Melo & C. Jordán, 2014. "Estimating Water Rights Demand and Supply: Are Non-market Factors Important?," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 28(12), pages 4201-4218, September.
- Jara-Rojas, Roberto & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Díaz, José, 2012. "Adoption of water conservation practices: A socioeconomic analysis of small-scale farmers in Central Chile," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 54-62.
- Rajendra Poddar & M. Qureshi & Tian Shi, 2014. "A Comparison of Water Policies for Sustainable Irrigation Management: The Case of India and Australia," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 28(4), pages 1079-1094, March.
- Garrick, Dustin & Whitten, Stuart M. & Coggan, Anthea, 2013. "Understanding the evolution and performance of water markets and allocation policy: A transaction costs analysis framework," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 195-205.
- Takahashi, Taro & Aizaki, Hideo & Ge, Yingchun & Ma, Mingguo & Nakashima, Yasuhiro & Sato, Takeshi & Wang, Weizhen & Yamada, Nanae, 2013. "Agricultural water trade under farmland fragmentation: A simulation analysis of an irrigation district in northwestern China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 63-66.
- Srivastava, S.K. & Kumar, Ranjit & Singh, R.P., 2009. "Extent of Groundwater Extraction and Irrigation Efficiency on Farms under Different Water-market Regimes in Central Uttar Pradesh," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 22(1).
- Manuschevich, Daniela, 2016. "Neoliberalization of forestry discourses in Chile," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 21-30.
- McCarthy, Nancy & Essam, Timothy, 2009. "Impact of water user associations on agricultural productivity in Chile:," IFPRI discussion papers 892, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Deng, Xiaohong & Xu, Zhongmin & Song, Xiaoyu & Zhou, Jian, 2017. "Transaction costs associated with agricultural water trading in the Heihe River Basin, Northwest China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 186(C), pages 29-39.
- Zhang, Junlian, 2007. "Barriers to water markets in the Heihe River basin in northwest China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 32-40, January.
- Trawick, Paul, 2003. "Against the Privatization of Water: An Indigenous Model for Improving Existing Laws and Successfully Governing the Commons," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 977-996, June.
- Narain, V., 2009. "Water rights system as a demand management option: potentials, constraints and prospects," IWMI Books, Reports H042163, International Water Management Institute.
- Boelens, Rutgerd & Vos, Jeroen, 2012. "The danger of naturalizing water policy concepts: Water productivity and efficiency discourses from field irrigation to virtual water trade," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 16-26.
- Giannoccaro, Giacomo & Pedraza, Veronica & Berbel, Julio, 2012. "Barriers to water markets in agriculture. Analysis of Southern Spain stakeholder attitudes," Congress Papers 124113, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Shi, Tian, 2006. "Simplifying complexity: Rationalising water entitlements in the Southern Connected River Murray System, Australia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 229-239, December.
- Kuppannan, Palanisami, 2009. "Water markets as a demand management option: potentials, problems and prospects," IWMI Books, Reports H042160, International Water Management Institute.
- Zhang, Jun-Lian & Zhang, Feng-Rong, 2008. "Mutual monitoring in a tradable water rights system: A case study of Zhangye City in Northwest China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 331-338, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:25:y:1997:i:5:p:639-656. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .