On the past and future of china's township and village-owned enterprises
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yingyi Qian & Chenggang Xu, 1993.
"Why China's economic reforms differ: the M-form hierarchy and entry/expansion of the non-state sector,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 1(2), pages 135-170, June.
- Yingyi Qian & Chenggang Xu, 1993. "Why Chinas Economic Reforms Differ: The M-Form Hierarchy and Entry/Expansion of the Non-State Sector," CEP Discussion Papers dp0154, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Harrold, P., 1992. "China's Reform Experience to Date," World Bank - Discussion Papers 180, World Bank.
- Chang Chun & Wang Yijiang, 1994. "The Nature of the Township-Village Enterprise," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 434-452, December.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Weitzman Martin L. & Xu Chenggang, 1994.
"Chinese Township-Village Enterprises as Vaguely Defined Cooperatives,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 121-145, April.
- M Weitzman & Chenggang Xu, 1993. "Chinese Township Village Enterprises as Vaguely Defined Cooperations," CEP Discussion Papers dp0155, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Weitzman, M & Xu, Cheng-Gang, 1993. "Chinese township village enterprises as vaguely defined cooperations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3754, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Putterman Louis, 1993. "Ownership and the Nature of the Firm," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 243-263, June.
- Putterman, Louis, 1993. "Continuity and Change in China's Rural Development: Collective and Reform Eras in Perspective," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195078725.
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Putterman, Louis, 1997. "Productivity and Organization in China's Rural Industries: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 181-201, April.
- Qian, Yingyi & Xu, Cheng-Gang, 1993. "Why China's economic reforms differ: the m-form hierarchy and entry/expansion of the non-state sector," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3755, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- George A. Akerlof, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-569.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1983. "The Structure of Ownership and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 375-390, June.
- Putterman, Louis, 1992. "Dualism and Reform in China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(3), pages 467-493, April.
- Amartya K. Sen, 1967. "Isolation, Assurance and the Social Rate of Discount," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 81(1), pages 112-124.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang Ning, 2015. "The Chinese Economic System Under Mao," Man and the Economy, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 153-193, December.
- Philippe Dulbecco & Marie-Françoise Renard, 2003.
"Permanency and Flexibility of Institutions: The Role of Decentralization in Chinese Economic Reforms,"
The Review of Austrian Economics,
Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 327-346, December.
- Philippe DULBECCO & Mary-Françoise RENARD, 1999. "Permanency and flexibility of institutions : the role of decentralisation in Chinese economic reforms," Working Papers 199924, CERDI.
- Yao, Yang, 1999. "Rural industry and labor market integration in eastern China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 463-496, August.
- Hongbin Li & Lingsheng Meng & Junsen Zhang, 2005. "Why Do Entrepreneurs Enter Politics?," Discussion Papers 00009, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Che, Jiahua, 2002.
"Rent Seeking and Government Ownership of Firms: An Application to China's Township-Village Enterprises,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 787-811, December.
- Jihua Che, 2002. "Rent Seeking and Government Ownership of Firms: An Application to China???s Township-Village Enterprises," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 497, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Song, Huasheng & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zhu, Xiwei, 2012.
"Urbanization and/or rural industrialization in China,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 126-134.
- SONG, Huasheng & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZHU, Xiwei, 2011. "Urbanization and/or rural industrialization in China," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2338, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Li, Hongbin & Rozelle, Scott, 2004. "Insider privatization with a tail: the screening contract and performance of privatized firms in rural China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 1-26, October.
- Zhan, Shaohua, 2015. "From Privatization to Deindustrialization: Implications of Chinese Rural Industry and the Ownership Debate Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 108-122.
- Li, Hongbin & Rozelle, Scott, 2003. "Privatizing Rural China: The Role of Screening, Learning, and Contractual Innovation on the Evolution of Township Enterprises," Working Papers 225889, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Hehui Jin & Yingyi Qian, "undated". "Public vs. Private Ownership of Firms: Evidence from Rural China," Working Papers 97047, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Worrell, Ernst & van Berkel, Rene & Fengqi, Zhou & Menke, Christoph & Schaeffer, Roberto & O. Williams, Robert, 2001. "Technology transfer of energy efficient technologies in industry: a review of trends and policy issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 29-43, January.
- Li, Hongbin & Rozelle, Scott, 2001. "Insider Privatization With A Tail: The Buyout Price And Performance Of Privatized Firms In Rural China," Working Papers 11968, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Li, Hongbin, 2003. "Government's budget constraint, competition, and privatization: evidence from China's rural industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 486-502, September.
- Jiahua Che, 2000. "From the Grabbing Hand to the Helping Hand," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 58, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Yang Yao, 2004. "Land Tenure Choice in Chinese Villages: The Rational versus the Political Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
- Eelco Modderman & Cees Gorter & Jasper Dalhuisen & Peter Nijkamp, 2001. "Labour Manoeuvrability and Economic Performance in Township-Village Enterprises: The Case of China," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-072/1, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:25:y:1997:i:10:p:1639-1655. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.