Land Tenure Choice in Chinese Villages: The Rational versus the Political Model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Shouying & Carter, Michael R. & Yao, Yang, 1998.
"Dimensions and diversity of property rights in rural China: Dilemmas on the road to further reform,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 1789-1806, October.
- Shouying Liu & MICHAEL R. CARTER & Yang Yao, 1996. "Dimensions and Diversity of Property Rights in Rural China: Delimmas on the Road to Further Reform," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 395, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Putterman, Louis, 1997. "On the past and future of china's township and village-owned enterprises," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1639-1655, October.
- Yang Yao, 2004. "Political Process and Efficient Institutional Change," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 160(3), pages 439-439, September.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- Yang Yao, 2000. "The Development of the Land Lease Market in Rural China," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(2), pages 252-266.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain, 1993. "Simulation-based inference : A survey with special reference to panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-2), pages 5-33, September.
- Murdoch, James C & Sandler, Todd & Hansen, Laurna, 1991. "An Econometric Technique for Comparing Median Voter and Oligarchy Choice Models of Collective Action: The Case of the NATO Alliance," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 624-631, November.
- Gaynor, Martin & Putterman, Louis, 1993. "Productivity consequences of alternative land division methods in China's decollectivization An econometric analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 357-386, December.
- Li, Guo & Rozelle, Scott & Brandt, Loren, 1998.
"Tenure, land rights, and farmer investment incentives in China,"
Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 63-71, September.
- Li, Guo & Rozelle, Scott & Brandt, Loren, 1998. "Tenure, land rights, and farmer investment incentives in China," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(1-2), September.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jia, Xiangping & Piotrowski, Stephan, 2006. "Land property, tenure security and credit access: a historical perspective of change processes in China," Research in Development Economics and Policy (Discussion Paper Series) 9083, Universitaet Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics.
- Ying Bai & James Kung & Yang Zhao, 2014. "How Much Expropriation Hazard Is Too Much? The Effect of Land Reallocation on Organic Fertilizer Usage in Rural China," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(3), pages 434-457.
- Jia, Lili, 2012. "Land fragmentation and off-farm labor supply in China," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 66, number 66.
- Che, Yi, 2009. "Mismatch: land reallocations, recovery land rental and land rental market development in rural China," MPRA Paper 39794, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jia, Lili & Petrick, Martin, 2011.
"How land fragmentation affects off-farm labor supply in China: Evidence from household panel data,"
51st Annual Conference, Halle, Germany, September 28-30, 2011
114522, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Jia, Lili & Petrick, Martin, 2012. "How land fragmentation affects off-farm labor supply in China: Evidence from household panel data," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126263, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P32 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Collectives; Communes; Agricultural Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:80:y:2004:i:4:p477-489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.