A small step toward environmentally sustainable transport? The media debate over the Finnish carbon dioxide-based car tax reform
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ono, Yuji, 1993. "Japan's sustainable transport policy towards the 21st century," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 32-42, October.
- Yedla, Sudhakar & Shrestha, Ram M. & Anandarajah, Gabrial, 2005. "Environmentally sustainable urban transportation--comparative analysis of local emission mitigation strategies vis-a-vis GHG mitigation strategies," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 245-254, May.
- Vigar, Geoff & Shaw, Andrew & Swann, Richard, 2011. "Selling sustainable mobility: The reporting of the Manchester Transport Innovation Fund bid in UK media," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 468-479, March.
- Ribeiro, Suzana K & Kobayashi, Shigeki & Beuthe, Michel & Gasca, Jorge & Greene, David & Lee, David S. & Muromachi, Yasunori & Newton, Peter J. & Plotkin, Steven & Sperling, Daniel & Wit, Ron & Zhou, , 2007. "Transportation and its Infrastructure," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt98m5t1rv, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Hickman, Robin & Ashiru, Olu & Banister, David, 2010. "Transport and climate change: Simulating the options for carbon reduction in London," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 110-125, March.
- A. Greening, Lorna & Greene, David L. & Difiglio, Carmen, 2000. "Energy efficiency and consumption -- the rebound effect -- a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 389-401, June.
- Winslott-Hiselius, Lena & Brundell-Freij, Karin & Vagland, Asa & Byström, Camilla, 2009. "The development of public attitudes towards the Stockholm congestion trial," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 269-282, March.
- Binswanger, Mathias, 2001. "Technological progress and sustainable development: what about the rebound effect?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 119-132, January.
- Tapio, Petri, 2005. "Towards a theory of decoupling: degrees of decoupling in the EU and the case of road traffic in Finland between 1970 and 2001," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 137-151, March.
- J. Daniel Khazzoom, 1980. "Economic Implications of Mandated Efficiency in Standards for Household Appliances," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 21-40.
- Sorrell, Steve, 2009. "Jevons' Paradox revisited: The evidence for backfire from improved energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1456-1469, April.
- Ryley, Tim & Gjersoe, Nathalia, 2006. "Newspaper response to the Edinburgh congestion charging proposals," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 66-73, January.
- Jari Lyytimäki & Timo Assmuth & Mikael Hildén, 2011. "Unrecognized, concealed, or forgotten -- the case of absent information in risk communication," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 757-773, June.
- Banister, David, 2008. "The sustainable mobility paradigm," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 73-80, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ardıç, Özgül & Annema, Jan Anne & van Wee, Bert, 2015. "The reciprocal relationship between policy debate and media coverage: The case of road pricing policy in the Netherlands," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 384-399.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:78-90 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nygrén, Nina A. & Kontio, Panu & Lyytimäki, Jari & Varho, Vilja & Tapio, Petri, 2015. "Early adopters boosting the diffusion of sustainable small-scale energy solutions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 79-87.
- Mononen, Petri & Leviäkangas, Pekka, 2016. "Transport safety agency's success indicators – How well does a performance management system perform?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 230-239.
- Ardıç, Özgül & Annema, Jan Anne & van Wee, Bert, 2013. "Has the Dutch news media acted as a policy actor in the road pricing policy debate?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 47-63.
- Helfand, Gloria & McWilliams, Michael & Bolon, Kevin & Reichle, Lawrence & Sha, Mandy & Smith, Amanda & Beach, Robert, 2016. "Searching for hidden costs: A technology-based approach to the energy efficiency gap in light-duty vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 590-606.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Mass media; Content analysis; Road traffic; Car tax reform; Carbon dioxide emissions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:24:y:2012:i:c:p:159-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.