Do owner–operators pose a safety risk on the nation’s highways?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Monaco, Kristen A & Belman, Dale L, 2004. "4. An Econometric Analysis Of The Impact Of Technology On The Work Lives Of Truck Drivers," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 57-78, January.
- Murray, Daniel & Lantz, Brenda & Keppler, Stephen, 2006. "Predicting Truck Crash Involvement: Developing a Commercial Driver Behavior Model and Requisite Enforcement Countermeasures," 47th Annual Transportation Research Forum, New York, New York, March 23-25, 2006 207994, Transportation Research Forum.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Cantor, David E. & Corsi, Thomas M. & Grimm, Curtis M. & Özpolat, Koray, 2010. "A driver focused truck crash prediction model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 683-692, September.
- Jack A. Nickerson & Brian S. Silverman, 2003. "Why aren't all Truck Drivers Owner-Operators? Asset Ownership and the Employment Relation in Interstate for-hire Trucking," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 91-118, March.
- Peoples, James & Talley, Wayne K, 2004. "9. Owner-Operator Truck Driver Earnings And Employment: Port Cities And Deregulation," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 191-213, January.
- Scott Shane, 2001. "Technology Regimes and New Firm Formation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(9), pages 1173-1190, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Vries, Jelle & de Koster, René & Rijsdijk, Serge & Roy, Debjit, 2017. "Determinants of safe and productive truck driving: Empirical evidence from long-haul cargo transport," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 113-131.
- Castillo-Manzano, José I. & Castro-Nuño, Mercedes & Fageda, Xavier, 2016. "Exploring the relationship between truck load capacity and traffic accidents in the European Union," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 94-109.
- Cantor, David E. & Corsi, Thomas M. & Grimm, Curtis M., 2017. "The impact of new entrants and the new entrant program on motor carrier safety performance," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 217-227.
More about this item
KeywordsOwner–operator; Safety performance; Motor carrier; Safety violations; Crash rates; Driver focused model; Motor carrier safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transe:v:59:y:2013:i:c:p:34-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description .