Do owner–operators pose a safety risk on the nation’s highways?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Monaco, Kristen A & Belman, Dale L, 2004. "4. An Econometric Analysis Of The Impact Of Technology On The Work Lives Of Truck Drivers," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 57-78, January.
- Murray, Daniel & Lantz, Brenda & Keppler, Stephen, 2006. "Predicting Truck Crash Involvement: Developing a Commercial Driver Behavior Model and Requisite Enforcement Countermeasures," 47th Annual Transportation Research Forum, New York, New York, March 23-25, 2006 207994, Transportation Research Forum.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Cantor, David E. & Corsi, Thomas M. & Grimm, Curtis M. & Özpolat, Koray, 2010. "A driver focused truck crash prediction model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 683-692, September.
- Jack A. Nickerson & Brian S. Silverman, 2003. "Why aren't all Truck Drivers Owner-Operators? Asset Ownership and the Employment Relation in Interstate for-hire Trucking," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 91-118, March.
- Peoples, James & Talley, Wayne K, 2004. "9. Owner-Operator Truck Driver Earnings And Employment: Port Cities And Deregulation," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 191-213, January.
- Scott Shane, 2001. "Technology Regimes and New Firm Formation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(9), pages 1173-1190, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Vries, Jelle & de Koster, René & Rijsdijk, Serge & Roy, Debjit, 2017. "Determinants of safe and productive truck driving: Empirical evidence from long-haul cargo transport," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 113-131.
- Castillo-Manzano, José I. & Castro-Nuño, Mercedes & Fageda, Xavier, 2016. "Exploring the relationship between truck load capacity and traffic accidents in the European Union," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 94-109.
- Cantor, David E. & Corsi, Thomas M. & Grimm, Curtis M., 2017. "The impact of new entrants and the new entrant program on motor carrier safety performance," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 217-227.
More about this item
KeywordsOwner–operator; Safety performance; Motor carrier; Safety violations; Crash rates; Driver focused model; Motor carrier safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transe:v:59:y:2013:i:c:p:34-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.