Bike-sharing stations: A maximal covering location approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- ReVelle, C. S. & Eiselt, H. A., 2005. "Location analysis: A synthesis and survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 1-19, August.
- Tal Raviv & Ofer Kolka, 2013. "Optimal inventory management of a bike-sharing station," IISE Transactions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(10), pages 1077-1093.
- Lin, Jenn-Rong & Yang, Ta-Hui, 2011. "Strategic design of public bicycle sharing systems with service level constraints," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 284-294, March.
- Shaheen, Susan & Guzman, Stacey & Zhang, Hua, 2010. "Bikesharing in Europe, the Americas, and Asia: Past, Present, and Future," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt79v822k5, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Susan Handy & Yan Xing & Theodore Buehler, 2010. "Factors associated with bicycle ownership and use: a study of six small U.S. cities," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(6), pages 967-985, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Çelebi, Dilay & Yörüsün, Aslı & Işık, Hanife, 2018. "Bicycle sharing system design with capacity allocations," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 86-98.
- Schuijbroek, J. & Hampshire, R.C. & van Hoeve, W.-J., 2017. "Inventory rebalancing and vehicle routing in bike sharing systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(3), pages 992-1004.
- Elżbieta Macioszek & Paulina Świerk & Agata Kurek, 2020. "The Bike-Sharing System as an Element of Enhancing Sustainable Mobility—A Case Study based on a City in Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(8), pages 1-29, April.
- Forma, Iris A. & Raviv, Tal & Tzur, Michal, 2015. "A 3-step math heuristic for the static repositioning problem in bike-sharing systems," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 230-247.
- Levy, Nadav & Golani, Chen & Ben-Elia, Eran, 2019. "An exploratory study of spatial patterns of cycling in Tel Aviv using passively generated bike-sharing data," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 325-334.
- Nair, Rahul & Miller-Hooks, Elise, 2014. "Equilibrium network design of shared-vehicle systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 235(1), pages 47-61.
- Jia Shu & Mabel C. Chou & Qizhang Liu & Chung-Piaw Teo & I-Lin Wang, 2013. "Models for Effective Deployment and Redistribution of Bicycles Within Public Bicycle-Sharing Systems," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 61(6), pages 1346-1359, December.
- Bruno Albert Neumann-Saavedra & Teodor Gabriel Crainic & Bernard Gendron & Dirk Christian Mattfeld & Michael Römer, 2020. "Integrating Resource Management in Service Network Design for Bike-Sharing Systems," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(5), pages 1251-1271, September.
- Kaspi, Mor & Raviv, Tal & Tzur, Michal & Galili, Hila, 2016. "Regulating vehicle sharing systems through parking reservation policies: Analysis and performance bounds," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(3), pages 969-987.
- Jinyi Zhou & Changyuan Jing & Xiangjun Hong & Tian Wu, 2019. "Winter Sabotage: The Three-Way Interactive Effect of Gender, Age, and Season on Public Bikesharing Usage," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-14, June.
- Felipe González & Carlos Melo-Riquelme & Louis Grange, 2016. "A combined destination and route choice model for a bicycle sharing system," Transportation, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 407-423, May.
- Mix, Richard & Hurtubia, Ricardo & Raveau, Sebastián, 2022. "Optimal location of bike-sharing stations: A built environment and accessibility approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 126-142.
- Yan Wang & Yibin Ao & Yuting Zhang & Yan Liu & Lei Zhao & Yunfeng Chen, 2019. "Impact of the Built Environment and Bicycling Psychological Factors on the Acceptable Bicycling Distance of Rural Residents," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(16), pages 1-19, August.
- Fabio Kon & Éderson Cássio Ferreira & Higor Amario Souza & Fábio Duarte & Paolo Santi & Carlo Ratti, 2022. "Abstracting mobility flows from bike-sharing systems," Public Transport, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 545-581, October.
- J. Christopher Westland & Jian Mou & Dafei Yin, 2018. "Prediction of Shared Bicycle Demand with Wavelet Thresholding," Papers 1802.02683, arXiv.org.
- Wang, Mingshu & Zhou, Xiaolu, 2017. "Bike-sharing systems and congestion: Evidence from US cities," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 147-154.
- Médard de Chardon, Cyrille & Caruso, Geoffrey & Thomas, Isabelle, 2016.
"Bike-share rebalancing strategies, patterns, and purpose,"
Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 22-39.
- Cyrille MÉDARD DE CHARDON & Geoffrey CARUSO & Isabelle THOMAS, 2016. "Bike-share Rebalancing Strategies, Patterns, and Purpose," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2760, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Faghih-Imani, Ahmadreza & Hampshire, Robert & Marla, Lavanya & Eluru, Naveen, 2017. "An empirical analysis of bike sharing usage and rebalancing: Evidence from Barcelona and Seville," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 177-191.
- Sohrabi, Soheil & Paleti, Rajesh & Balan, Lacramioara & Cetin, Mecit, 2020. "Real-time prediction of public bike sharing system demand using generalized extreme value count model," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 325-336.
- Huang, Di & Chen, Xinyuan & Liu, Zhiyuan & Lyu, Cheng & Wang, Shuaian & Chen, Xuewu, 2020. "A static bike repositioning model in a hub-and-spoke network framework," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 141(C).
More about this item
KeywordsBike-sharing; Location problem; Maximal coverage; Optimization;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:82:y:2015:i:c:p:216-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.