Coping with unreliable transportation when collecting children: Examining parents' behavior with cumulative prospect theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon L Clark & John C Marshall, 2002. "Decisionmaking models of the real world and expertise," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(7), pages 1139-1146, July.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- George Wu & Richard Gonzalez, 1996. "Curvature of the Probability Weighting Function," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(12), pages 1676-1690, December.
- Drazen Prelec, 1998. "The Probability Weighting Function," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(3), pages 497-528, May.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Martin Dijst & Sendy Farag & Tim Schwanen, 2008. "A comparative study of attitude theory and other theoretical models for understanding travel behaviour," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(4), pages 831-847, April.
- Moshe Levy & Haim Levy, 2002. "Prospect Theory: Much Ado About Nothing?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(10), pages 1334-1349, October.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Daniel Kahneman, 2003. "Maps of Bounded Rationality: Psychology for Behavioral Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1449-1475, December.
- Robert B. Noland & John W. Polak, 2002. "Travel time variability: A review of theoretical and empirical issues," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 39-54, January.
- de Palma, André & Picard, Nathalie, 2005. "Route choice decision under travel time uncertainty," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 295-324, May.
- Mahmassani, Hani S. & Chang, Gang-Len, 1986. "Experiments with departure time choice dynamics of urban commuters," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 297-320, August.
- Jou, Rong-Chang & Kitamura, Ryuichi & Weng, Mei-Chuan & Chen, Chih-Cheng, 2008. "Dynamic commuter departure time choice under uncertainty," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 774-783, June.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 251-278, October.
- Kikuchi, Shinya & Chakroborty, Partha, 2006. "Place of possibility theory in transportation analysis," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 595-615, September.
- Colin Camerer, 1998. "Bounded Rationality in Individual Decision Making," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 1(2), pages 163-183, September.
- Tim Schwanen, 2008. "Managing uncertain arrival times through sociomaterial associations," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(6), pages 997-1011, November.
- LINDA McDOWELL & KEVIN WARD & COLETTE FAGAN & DIANE PERRONS & KATH RAY, 2006. "Connecting Time and Space: The Significance of Transformations in Women's Work in the City," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 141-158, March.
- Kendra Strauss, 2009. "Cognition, context, and multimethod approaches to economic decision making," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(2), pages 302-317, February.
- Camerer, Colin F & Ho, Teck-Hua, 1994. "Violations of the Betweenness Axiom and Nonlinearity in Probability," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 167-196, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carrion, Carlos & Levinson, David, 2012.
"Value of travel time reliability: A review of current evidence,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 720-741.
- Carlos Carrion & David Levinson, 2010. "Value of Travel Time Reliability: A review of current evidence," Working Papers 000085, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Ermagun, Alireza & Levinson, David, 2016.
"Intra-household bargaining for school trip accompaniment of children: A group decision approach,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 222-234.
- Alireza Ermagun & David Levinson, 2016. "Intra-household Bargaining for School Trip Accompaniment of Children: A Group Decision Approach," Working Papers 159, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Koster, Paul R. & Koster, Hans R.A., 2015. "Commuters’ preferences for fast and reliable travel: A semi-parametric estimation approach," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 289-301.
- Stathopoulos, Amanda & Hess, Stephane, 2012. "Revisiting reference point formation, gains–losses asymmetry and non-linear sensitivities with an emphasis on attribute specific treatment," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1673-1689.
- Caspar G. Chorus & Benedict G. C. Dellaert, 2012.
"Travel Choice Inertia: The Joint Role of Risk Aversion and Learning,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 46(1), pages 139-155, January.
- Chorus, C.G. & Dellaert, B.G.C., 2010. "Travel Choice Inertia: The Joint Role of Risk Aversion and Learning," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2010-040-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- repec:eee:transe:v:112:y:2018:i:c:p:12-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ettema, Dick & Gärling, Tommy & Olsson, Lars E. & Friman, Margareta, 2010. "Out-of-home activities, daily travel, and subjective well-being," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 723-732, November.
- Paul Koster & Hans Koster, 2013. "Analysing Heterogeneity in the Value of Travel Time and Reliability: A Semiparametric Estimation Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1032, European Regional Science Association.
- Ben-Elia, Eran & Shiftan, Yoram, 2010. "Which road do I take? A learning-based model of route-choice behavior with real-time information," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 249-264, May.
- de Moraes Ramos, Giselle & Daamen, Winnie & Hoogendoorn, Serge, 2013. "Modelling travellers' heterogeneous route choice behaviour as prospect maximizers," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 6(C), pages 17-33.
- Jou, Rong-Chang & Chen, Ke-Hong, 2013. "An application of cumulative prospect theory to freeway drivers’ route choice behaviours," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 123-131.
- Ceder, Avishai & Chowdhury, Subeh & Taghipouran, Nima & Olsen, Jared, 2013. "Modelling public-transport users’ behaviour at connection point," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 112-122.
- Xu, Hongli & Lou, Yingyan & Yin, Yafeng & Zhou, Jing, 2011. "A prospect-based user equilibrium model with endogenous reference points and its application in congestion pricing," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 311-328, February.
- Hensher, David A. & Greene, William H. & Li, Zheng, 2011. "Embedding risk attitude and decision weights in non-linear logit to accommodate time variability in the value of expected travel time savings," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 954-972, August.
- Santos, Georgina & Behrendt, Hannah & Teytelboym, Alexander, 2010. "Part II: Policy instruments for sustainable road transport," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 46-91.
More about this item
KeywordsUnreliability Cumulative prospect theory Chauffeuring children Within-household interactions Utrecht The Netherlands;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:43:y:2009:i:5:p:511-525. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.