A model of behavioral intentions to follow online travel advice based on social and emotional loneliness scales in the context of online travel communities: The moderating role of emotional expressivity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dhar, Vasant & Chang, Elaine A., 2009. "Does Chatter Matter? The Impact of User-Generated Content on Music Sales," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 300-307.
- De Bruyn, Arnaud & Lilien, Gary L., 2008. "A multi-stage model of word-of-mouth influence through viral marketing," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 151-163.
- Kaplan, Andreas M. & Haenlein, Michael, 2010. "Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Kozinets, Robert V., 1999. "E-tribalized marketing?: the strategic implications of virtual communities of consumption," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 252-264, June.
- D. Harrison McKnight & Vivek Choudhury & Charles Kacmar, 2002. "Developing and Validating Trust Measures for e-Commerce: An Integrative Typology," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 334-359, September.
- Tsai, Hsien-Tung & Huang, Heng-Chiang & Chiu, Ya-Ling, 2012. "Brand community participation in Taiwan: Examining the roles of individual-, group-, and relationship-level antecedents," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(5), pages 676-684.
- Kim, Myung-Ja & Chung, Namho & Lee, Choong-Ki, 2011. "The effect of perceived trust on electronic commerce: Shopping online for tourism products and services in South Korea," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 256-265.
- Qu, Hailin & Lee, Haeyoung, 2011. "Travelers’ social identification and membership behaviors in online travel community," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1262-1270.
- Grappi, Silvia & Montanari, Fabrizio, 2011. "The role of social identification and hedonism in affecting tourist re-patronizing behaviours: The case of an Italian festival," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1128-1140.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wang, Xia & Yu, Chunling & Wei, Yujie, 2012. "Social Media Peer Communication and Impacts on Purchase Intentions: A Consumer Socialization Framework," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 198-208.
- Kick, Markus, 2015. "Social Media Research: A Narrative Review," EconStor Preprints 182506, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Kee-Young Kwahk & Byoungsoo Kim, 2017. "Effects of social media on consumers’ purchase decisions: evidence from Taobao," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(4), pages 803-829, December.
- Raed S. Algharabat & Nripendra P. Rana, 0. "Social Commerce in Emerging Markets and its Impact on Online Community Engagement," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-22.
- Margurite Hook & Stacey Baxter & Alicia Kulczynski, 2018. "Antecedents and consequences of participation in brand communities: a literature review," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(4), pages 277-292, July.
- Shampy Kamboj & Zillur Rahman, 2016. "The influence of user participation in social media-based brand communities on brand loyalty: age and gender as moderators," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(6), pages 679-700, November.
- Huang, Jinsong & Su, Song & Zhou, Liuning & Liu, Xi, 2013. "Attitude Toward the Viral Ad: Expanding Traditional Advertising Models to Interactive Advertising," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 36-46.
- Quaglione, Davide & Crociata, Alessandro & Agovino, Massimiliano & Iaia, Lea, 2020. "Cultural capital and online purchase of tourism services," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(C).
- Xuequn Wang & Mina Tajvidi & Xiaolin Lin & Nick Hajli, 2020. "Towards an Ethical and Trustworthy Social Commerce Community for Brand Value Co-creation: A trust-Commitment Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 167(1), pages 137-152, November.
- Amaro, Suzanne & Duarte, Paulo, 2015. "An integrative model of consumers' intentions to purchase travel online," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 64-79.
- Farah, Maya F. & Ramadan, Zahy B., 2020. "Viability of Amazonâ€™s driven innovations targeting shoppersâ€™ impulsiveness," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Huan Chen & Ye Wang, 2017. "Connecting or disconnecting: luxury branding on social media and affluent Chinese female consumers’ interpretations," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(6), pages 562-574, November.
- King, Robert Allen & Racherla, Pradeep & Bush, Victoria D., 2014. "What We Know and Don't Know About Online Word-of-Mouth: A Review and Synthesis of the Literature," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 167-183.
- Patria Laksamana, 2020. "I will Always Follow You: Exploring the Role of Customer Relationship in Social Media Marketing," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 10(3), pages 22-28.
- Fang Di & Richards Timothy J. & Grebitus Carola, 2019.
"Modeling Product Choices in a Peer Network,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 22(1), pages 1-13, June.
- Fang, Di & Richards, Timothy & Carola, Grebitus, 2016. "Modeling Product Choices in a Peer Network," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235546, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mihaela ABĂLĂESEI, 2014. "Electronic Word Of Mouth: How Much Do We Know?," Network Intelligence Studies, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 4, pages 135-142, November.
- Salim L Azar & Joana César Machado & Leonor Vacas-de-Carvalho & Ana Mendes, 2016. "Motivations to interact with brands on Facebook – Towards a typology of consumer–brand interactions," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(2), pages 153-178, March.
- Saikat Banerjee, 2021. "On the relationship between online brand community and brand preference in political market," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer;International Association of Public and Non-Profit Marketing, vol. 18(1), pages 27-55, March.
- Golovko, Dimitri & Schumann, Jan H., 2019. "Influence of company Facebook activities on recruitment success," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 161-169.
- Prentice, Catherine & Han, Xiao Yun & Hua, Lian-Lian & Hu, Lin, 2019. "The influence of identity-driven customer engagement on purchase intention," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 339-347.
More about this item
KeywordsModel of social and emotional loneliness scales; Online travel community; Online socialization; User satisfaction; Intention to follow travel advice;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:touman:v:48:y:2015:i:c:p:426-438. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.