Relocation via foreign direct investment from old to new EU member states: Scale and structural dimension of the process
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sascha O. Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jäckle & Marc-Andreas Muendler, 2005.
"Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 141(4), pages 693-731, December.
- Becker, Sasha O & Ekholm, Karolina & Jackle, Robert & Muendler, Marc-Andreas, 2004. "Location Choices and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt2fq490pd, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Ekholm, Karolina & Jäckle, Robert & Mündler, Marc-Andreas, 2005. "Location choice and employment decisions: a comparison of German and Swedish multinationals," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,08, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Sascha Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jaeckle & Marc-Andreas Muendler & Sascha O. Becker, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," CESifo Working Paper Series 1374, CESifo.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Ekholm, Karolina & Jäckle, Robert & Muendler, Marc-Andreas, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," CEPR Discussion Papers 4887, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Muendler, Marc-Andreas & Jäckle, Robert & Ekholm, Karolina & Becker, Sascha O., 2004. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," Kiel Working Papers 1243, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sascha Becker & Karolina Ekholm & Robert Jäckle & Marc-Andreas Muendler & Sascha O. Becker, 2005. "Location Choice and Employment Decisions: A Comparison of German and Swedish Multinationals," ifo Working Paper Series 4, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Mary Amiti & Shang-Jin Wei, 2004. "Fear of Service Outsourcing: Is It Justified?," NBER Working Papers 10808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Braconier, Henrik & Ekholm, Karolina, 2000.
"Swedish Multinationals and Competition from High- and Low-Wage Locations,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 448-461, August.
- Braconier, Henrik & Ekholm, Karolina, 1999. "Swedish Multinationals and Competition from High- and Low-Wage Locations," Working Paper Series 523, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Braconier, Henrik & Ekholm, Karolina, 1999. "Swedish Multinationals and Competition from High- and Low-Wage Locations," CEPR Discussion Papers 2323, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jagdish Bhagwati & Arvind Panagariya, 2004. "The Muddles over Outsourcing," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 93-114, Fall.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 2004. "Where Ricardo and Mill Rebut and Confirm Arguments of Mainstream Economists Supporting Globalization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 135-146, Summer.
- Gabor Hunya & Magdolna Sass, 2005. "Coming and Going: Gains and Losses from Relocations Affecting Hungary," wiiw Research Reports 323, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Mary Amiti & Shang-Jin Wei, 2004. "Fear of Service Outsourcing; Is It Justified?," IMF Working Papers 2004/186, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2002. "Home and Host Country Effects of FDI," NBER Working Papers 9293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joze P. Damijan & Matija Rojec, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Catching-up Process in New EU Member States: Is There a Flying Geese Pattern?," wiiw Research Reports 310, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faruk Aydin & Hulya Saygili & Mesut Saygili & Gokhan Yilmaz, 2010. "Dis Ticarette Kuresel Egilimler ve Turkiye Ekonomisi," Working Papers 1001, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Michał Brzozowski, 2013. "Gender Equality as the Determinant of FDI Flows to Central European Countries," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 33.
- Magdolna Sass & Gábor Hunya, 2014. "Escaping to the East? Relocation of business activities to and from Hungary, 2003–2011," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 1407, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Stack, Marie M. & Ravishankar, Geetha & Pentecost, Eric, 2017. "Foreign direct investment in the eastern European countries: Determinants and performance," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 86-97.
- Eric Rugraff, 2017.
"A Patent Analysis Of Foreign Direct Innovative R&D Activities In Central Europe: The Czech Case,"
International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 21(02), pages 1-28, February.
- Eric Rugraff, 2017. "A patent analysis of foreign direct innovative R&D activities in central Europe : The Czech Case," Post-Print hal-02167866, HAL.
- Altuzarra Amaia, 2010. "Convergence in the Innovative Performance of the European Union Countries," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 17(1), pages 22-38, May.
- Eric Rugraff, 2014. "Foreign direct R&D investment in Central Europe: where do we stand?," Working Papers of BETA 2014-22, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Jan Ženka & Vladislav Čadil, 2009. "Regional distribution of technology-intensive manufacturing industries in the czech republic with an accent on risk of delocalisation," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2009(1), pages 61-77.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & John Kay & Seppo Honkapohja & Willi Leibfritz & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & Xavier Vives, 2005. "Chapter 2: Outsourcing," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo, vol. 0, pages 39-50, March.
- J. Bradford Jensen & Lori G. Kletzer, 2005. "Tradable Services: Understanding the Scope and Impact of Services Outsourcing," Working Paper Series WP05-9, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Lori G. Kletzer, 2005. "Globalization and job loss, from manufacturing to services," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 29(Q II), pages 38-46.
- Johnson, Anick & Morissette, Rene, 2007. "Offshoring and Employment in Canada: Some Basic Facts," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2007300e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Rosario Crinò, 2009.
"Offshoring, Multinationals And Labour Market: A Review Of The Empirical Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 197-249, April.
- Rosario Crinò, 2007. "Offshoring, Multinationals and Labor Market: A Review of the Empirical Literature," KITeS Working Papers 196, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2007.
- Barry, Frank & Walsh, Frank, 2008. "Gains and losses from sectoral relocation: A review of theory and empirics," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 4-16, March.
- Waeger, Patricia, 2007. "Trade in health services: an analytical framework," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 441, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Debaere, Peter & Lee, Hongshik & Lee, Joonhyung, 2006. "Does Where You Go Matter? The Impact of Outward Foreign Direct Investment on Multinationals' Employment at Home," CEPR Discussion Papers 5737, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ghibutiu, Agnes & Poladian, Simona, 2009. "Global Sourcing Of Services: How Well Are The New Eu Member States Coping With The Challenges? (Part I)," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(1), pages 123-135, March.
- Frank A.G. den Butter & Christiaan Pattipeilohy, 2007. "Productivity Gains from Offshoring: an Empirical Analysis for the Netherlands," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-089/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Rosario Crinò, 2012.
"Service Offshoring and the Skill Composition of Labour Demand,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 74(1), pages 20-57, February.
- Rosario Crinò, 2010. "Service Offshoring and the Skill Composition of Labor Demand," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 802.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Liu, Wan-Hsin & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2011.
"Domestic Repercussions of Different Types of FDI: Firm-Level Evidence for Taiwanese Manufacturing,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 808-823, May.
- Liu, Wan-Hsin & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2009. "Domestic repercussions of different types of FDI: firm-level evidence for Taiwanese manufacturing," Kiel Working Papers 1546, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Susan HOUSEMAN, 2007. "Outsourcing, offshoring and productivity measurement in United States manufacturing," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 146(1-2), pages 61-80, March.
- Rossini, Gianpaolo, 2005. "Outsourcing with labor management," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 455-466, December.
- Marcus Neureiter & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2010.
"Outsourcing Motives, Location Choice and Labour Market Implications: An Empirical Analysis for European Countries,"
Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 206-230, May.
- Neureiter, Marcus & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2009. "Outsourcing motives, location choice and labour market implications: an empirical analysis for European countries," Kiel Working Papers 1541, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Damijan, Jože & Kostevc, Crt & Rojec, Matija, 2014. "Outward FDI and company performance in CEECs," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 381, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Growth in Services Outsourcing to India: Propellant or Drain on the U.S. Economy?," Working Papers 15865, United States International Trade Commission, Office of Economics.
- Gianpaolo Rossini, 2008. "Competition and bargaining in vertical relationships with market uncertainty," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 55(3), pages 229-242, September.
- Yusuf, Shahid & Nabeshima, Kaoru, 2005. "Japan's changing industrial landscape," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3758, The World Bank.
- Boggio, Luciano, 2009. "Long-run effects of low-wage countries' growing competitiveness and exports of manufactures," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 38-49, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:19:y:2008:i:1:p:53-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.