Where Ricardo and Mill Rebut and Confirm Arguments of Mainstream Economists Supporting Globalization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Kuznets, 1946. "Introduction, National Income: A Summary of Findings," NBER Chapters, in: National Income: A Summary of Findings, pages 1-2, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley & Samuelson, Paul A, 1977.
"Comparative Advantage, Trade, and Payments in a Ricardian Model with a Continuum of Goods,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 823-839, December.
- R. Dornbusch & S. Fischer & P. A. Samuelson, 1976. "Comparative Advantage, Trade and Payments in a Ricardian Model With a Continuum of Goods," Working papers 178, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Mill, John Stuart, 1874. "Essays on Some Unsettled Questions of Political Economy," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, edition 2, number mill1874.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1974. "Complementarity-An Essay on the 40th Anniversary of the Hicks-Allen Revolution in Demand Theory," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 1255-1289, December.
- Simon Kuznets, 1946. "National Income: A Summary of Findings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kuzn46-2, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yochanan Shachmurove & Uriel Spiegel, 2009. "Ricardo Meets China, India and U.S. Three Hundred Years Later," PIER Working Paper Archive 09-015, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Hsiang-Ke Chao, 2007. "A structure of the consumption function," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 227-248.
- Chad Turner & Robert Tamura & Sean Mulholland & Scott Baier, 2007. "Education and income of the states of the United States: 1840–2000," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 101-158, June.
- Koval, Pavel & Polbin , Andrey, 2020. "Evaluation of permanent and transitory shocks role in consumption and income dynamics in the Russian Federation," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 57, pages 6-29.
- Ramskiy Andrey Yu., 2013. "Essence of Saving Processes in Household and their Influence upon Extended Reproduction of GDP," Business Inform, RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT PROBLEMS of NAS (KHARKIV, UKRAINE), Kharkiv National University of Economics, issue 3, pages 21-29.
- O'Donnell, Gus & Oswald, Andrew J., 2015.
"National well-being policy and a weighted approach to human feelings,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 59-70.
- O'Donnell, Gus & Oswald, Andrew J., 2015. "National Well-being Policy and a Weighted Approach to Human Feelings," IZA Discussion Papers 9401, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Oswald, Andrew J & O’Donnell, Gus, 2015. "National Well-being Policy and a Weighted Approach to Human Feelings," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1071, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- O'Donnell, Gus & Oswald, Andrew J., 2015. "National Well-being Policy and a Weighted Approach to Human Feelings," Economic Research Papers 270023, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Meyer, Donald J. & Meyer, Jack, 2005. "Risk preferences in multi-period consumption models, the equity premium puzzle, and habit formation utility," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1497-1515, November.
- Podshivalov, Georgii, 2019. "Observing the Evolution in Macroeconomic Theory," MPRA Paper 97657, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthieu Cristelli & Andrea Tacchella & Luciano Pietronero, 2015. "The Heterogeneous Dynamics of Economic Complexity," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(2), pages 1-15, February.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & J. Steven Landefeld, 2006. "Blueprint for Expanded and Integrated U.S. Accounts: Review, Assessment, and Next Steps," NBER Chapters, in: A New Architecture for the U.S. National Accounts, pages 13-112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bokana K.G & Kabongo W.N.S, 2018. "Modelling Real Private Consumption Expenditure in South Africa to Test the Absolute Income Hypothesis," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 10(5), pages 138-155.
- Raluca-Maria Bala, 2014. "A Proposal for Assessing the Economic Welfare Of Romania," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 62(3), pages 11-30, September.
- KARGI, Bilal, 2014. "Türkiye Ekonomisinde Sürekli Gelir Hipotezine İlişkin Kanıtlar: Zaman Serileri Analizi (2004-2012) [Evidence for Turkey's Economy Permanent Income Hypothesis: Time Series Analysis (2004-2012)]," MPRA Paper 55696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 2012. "Putting Ricardo to Work," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 65-90, Spring.
- Juanita Cifuentes GonzÃ¡lez & John Werner Meisterl Reyes, 2014. "El Ahorro de los Hogares Colombianos: un anÃ¡lisis microeconÃ³mico mediante regresiÃ³n cuantÃlica," Vniversitas EconÃ³mica 012541, Universidad Javeriana - BogotÃ¡.
- Simone Caschili & Francesca Medda & Alan Wilson, 2015. "An Interdependent Multi-Layer Model: Resilience of International Networks," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 313-335, June.
- Yener Coskun & Burak Sencer Atasoy & Giacomo Morri & Esra Alp, 2018. "Wealth Effects on Household Final Consumption: Stock and Housing Market Channels," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-32, June.
- Robin Maialeh, 2016. "Fundamentální koncept nerovnosti v perspektivě paretovské ekonomie [A Fundamental Concept of Inequality in the Perspective of Paretian Economics]," Politická ekonomie, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2016(8), pages 973-987.
- Packey Daniel J & Nusair Salah, 2009. "Kuwaiti Consumption in the Presence of Dramatic Economic Events: 1973-2003," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-20, September.
- Martin Mandel & Vladimír Tomšík, 2003. "Spotřební funkce a princip Ricardovské ekvivalence v malé otevřené ekonomice [The consumption function and Ricardian equivalence in a small open economy]," Politická ekonomie, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2003(4), pages 517-532.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:18:y:2004:i:3:p:135-146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.