Financial liberalisation, corporate governance and the efficiency of firms in Indian manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Uma Kambhampati, 2006. "Financial liberalisation, corporate governance and the efficiency if firms in Indian manufacturing," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2006-33, Henley Business School, Reading University.
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Tybout, 2000.
"Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 11-44, March.
- Tybout, James, 1998. "Manufacuring firms in developing countries - how well do they do, and why?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1965, The World Bank.
- James Tybout, 1998. "Manufacturing Firms In Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, And Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9805004, EconWPA.
- James Tybout, 1999. "Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9906001, EconWPA, revised 10 Jun 1999.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Clarke, Roger & Davies, Stephen & Waterson, Michael, 1984. "The Profitability-Concentration Relation: Market Power or Efficiency?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 435-450, June.
- Corbett, Jenny & Mayer, Colin, 1991.
"Financial Reform in Eastern Europe: Progress with the Wrong Model,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 57-75, Winter.
- Corbett, Jennifer & Mayer, Colin, 1991. "Financial Reform in Eastern Europe: Progress With the Wrong Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 603, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlin, Wendy & Mayer, Colin, 2003. "Finance, investment, and growth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 191-226, July.
- Miurin, Paolo & Sommariva, Andrea, 1993. "The financial reforms in central and Eastern European countries and in China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 883-911, September.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Samuel, Cherian, 1996. "The stockmarket as a source of finance : a comparison of U.S. and Indian firms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1592, The World Bank.
- Erik BERGLÖF & Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1999.
"The Changing Corporate Governance Paradigm : Implications for Transition and Developing Countries,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
9912, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Erik Berglof & Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden, 1999. "The Changing Corporate Governance Paradigm: Implications for Transition and Developing Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 263, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Khanna, Tarun & Kogan, Joe & Palepu, Krishna, 2002. "Globalization and Similarities in Corporate Governance: A Cross-Country Analysis," CEI Working Paper Series 2002-6, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2006.
"Industrial concentration in a liberalising economy: A study of Indian manufacturing,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 981-999.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2004. "Industrial Concentration in a Liberalising Economy: a Study of Indian Manufacturing," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 51, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Uma S. Kambhampati & Ashok Parikh, 2007.
"Disciplining Firms: The Impact of Trade Reforms on Profit Margins in Indian Industry,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Trade Liberalisation Impact on Growth and Trade in Developing Countries, chapter 2, pages 27-45
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Uma Kambhampati & Ashok Parikh, 2003. "Disciplining firms: the impact of trade reforms on profit margins in Indian industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 461-470.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 1999. "Bubbles, Crises, and Policy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 9-18, Autumn.
- Singh, A., 1997.
"Liberalisation, the Stock Market and the Market for Corporate Control: A Bridge Too Far for the Indian Economy?,"
Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers
97-af35, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Singh, Ajit, 1998. "Liberalisation, the stock market and the market for corporate control: a bridge too far for the Indian economy?," MPRA Paper 54929, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- T. G. Arun & J. D. Turner, 2002. "Financial Sector Reforms in Developing Countries: The Indian Experience," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 429-445, March.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:17:y:2006:i:1:p:46-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.