The stockmarket as a source of finance : a comparison of U.S. and Indian firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Michael E. Porter, 1992. "Capital Choices: Changing The Way America Invests In Industry," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(2), pages 4-16.
- Samuel, Cherian, 1996. "Internal finance and investment : another look," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1663, The World Bank.
- Grabowski, Henry G & Mueller, Dennis C, 1972. "Managerial and Stockholder Welfare Models of Firm Expenditures," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(1), pages 9-24, February.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Lyon, Andrew, 1992. "Taxation, information asymmetries, and a firm's financing choices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 936, The World Bank.
- Grabowski, Henry G & Mueller, Dennis C, 1975. "Life-Cycle Effects on Corporate Returns on Retentions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(4), pages 400-409, November.
- Singh, Ajit, 1994.
"Corporate financial patterns in industrialising economies: a comparative international study,"
54936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, A., 1995. "Corporate Financial Patterns in Industrializing Economies. A Coparative International Study," Papers 2, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Samuel, Cherian, 1996. "Stock market and investment : the governance role of the market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1578, The World Bank.
- Franklin Allen, "undated". "Stock Markets and Resource Allocation (Reprint 036)," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-92, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Singh, A. & Hamid, J., 1992. "Corporate Financial Structure in Developing Countries," Papers 1, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Oliner, Stephen D & Rudebusch, Glenn D, 1992. "Sources of the Financing Hierarchy for Business Investment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(4), pages 643-654, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cherian Samuel, 2000. "Does shareholder myopia lead to managerial myopia? A first look," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 493-505.
- Richard Shearmur, 2001. "Financial Flows and Places: The Case of Monreal," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 27(2), pages 219-233, June.
- Kambhampati, Uma S., 2006.
"Financial liberalisation, corporate governance and the efficiency of firms in Indian manufacturing,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 46-69, January.
- Uma Kambhampati, 2006. "Financial liberalisation, corporate governance and the efficiency if firms in Indian manufacturing," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2006-33, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Cobham, David & Subramaniam, Ramesh, 1998. "Corporate finance in developing countries: New evidence for India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1033-1047, June.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Banks&Banking Reform; Financial Intermediation; Decentralization; Economic Theory&Research; Housing Finance; International Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Financial Intermediation; Banks&Banking Reform;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .