A sieve bootstrap test for stationarity
This paper proposes a bootstrap test for testing the null hypothesis that a time series is stationary against the alternative hypothesis that it is integrated of order one. Our approach makes use of a sieve bootstrap scheme based on residual resampling from autoregressive approximations the order of which increases with the sample size at a suitable rate. The first-order asymptotic correctness of the sieve bootstrap for testing the stationarity hypothesis is established for a subclass of linear processes. The small-sample properties of the method are also investigated by means of Monte Carlo experiments.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 62 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edwin Choi & Peter Hall, 2000. "Bootstrap confidence regions computed from autoregressions of arbitrary order," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(2), pages 461-477.
- Park, Joon Y., 2002. "An Invariance Principle For Sieve Bootstrap In Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 469-490, April.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-858, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Lee, Junsoo, 1996. "On the power of stationarity tests using optimal bandwidth estimates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 131-137, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:62:y:2003:i:3:p:263-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.