A sieve bootstrap test for stationarity
This paper proposes a bootstrap test for testing the null hypothesis that a time series is stationary against the alternative hypothesis that it is integrated of order one. Our approach makes use of a sieve bootstrap scheme based on residual resampling from autoregressive approximations the order of which increases with the sample size at a suitable rate. The first-order asymptotic correctness of the sieve bootstrap for testing the stationarity hypothesis is established for a subclass of linear processes. The small-sample properties of the method are also investigated by means of Monte Carlo experiments.
Volume (Year): 62 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edwin Choi & Peter Hall, 2000. "Bootstrap confidence regions computed from autoregressions of arbitrary order," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(2), pages 461-477.
- Park, Joon Y., 2002. "An Invariance Principle For Sieve Bootstrap In Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 469-490, April.
- Lee, Junsoo, 1996. "On the power of stationarity tests using optimal bandwidth estimates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 131-137, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-58, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:62:y:2003:i:3:p:263-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.