Stochastic optimal multi-modes switching with a viscosity solution approach
We consider the problem of optimal multi-modes switching in finite horizon, when the state of the system, including the switching cost functions are arbitrary (gij(t,x)≥0). We show existence of the optimal strategy, via a verification theorem. Finally, when the state of the system is a Markov process, we show that the vector of value functions of the optimal problem is the unique viscosity solution to the system of m variational partial differential inequalities with inter-connected obstacles.
Volume (Year): 123 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boualem Djehiche & Said Hamadène, 2009. "On A Finite Horizon Starting And Stopping Problem With Risk Of Abandonment," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(04), pages 523-543.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1985. "Evaluating Natural Resource Investments," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 135-157, April.
- Rene Carmona & Michael Ludkovski, 2008. "Pricing Asset Scheduling Flexibility using Optimal Switching," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5-6), pages 405-447.
- Hamadène, Said & Zhang, Jianfeng, 2010. "Switching problem and related system of reflected backward SDEs," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(4), pages 403-426, April.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1989. "Entry and Exit Decisions under Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 620-638, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:123:y:2013:i:2:p:579-602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.