Neighborhood social capital and crime victimization: Comparison of spatial regression analysis and hierarchical regression analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Drukker & Hua Peng & Ingmar Prucha & Rafal Raciborski, 2013. "Creating and managing spatial-weighting matrices with the spmat command," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 13(2), pages 242-286, June.
- Lederman, Daniel & Loayza, Norman & Menendez, Ana Maria, 2002. "Violent Crime: Does Social Capital Matter?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(3), pages 509-539, April.
- Wen, Ming & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Christakis, Nicholas A., 2005. "Effect of specific aspects of community social environment on the mortality of Individuals diagnosed with serious illness," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 1119-1134, September.
- Kennedy, Bruce P. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Prothrow-Stith, Deborah & Lochner, Kimberly & Gupta, Vanita, 1998. "Social capital, income inequality, and firearm violent crime," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 7-17, July.
- Spriggs, Aubrey L. & Halpern, Carolyn Tucker & Herring, Amy H. & Schoenbach, Victor J., 2009. "Family and school socioeconomic disadvantage: Interactive influences on adolescent dating violence victimization," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 1956-1965, June.
- Jesús Mur & Ana Angulo, 2006. "The Spatial Durbin Model and the Common Factor Tests," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 207-226.
- Islam, M. Kamrul & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Gullberg, Bo & Lindström, Martin & Merlo, Juan, 2008. "Social capital externalities and mortality in Sweden," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 19-42, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jay Weiser & Ronald Neath, 2016. "Private Ordering, Social Cohesion and Value: Residential Community Association Covenant Enforcement," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 19(1), pages 1-26.
- Riumallo-Herl, Carlos Javier & Kawachi, Ichiro & Avendano, Mauricio, 2014. "Social capital, mental health and biomarkers in Chile: Assessing the effects of social capital in a middle-income country," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 47-58.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:190:y:2017:i:c:p:92-100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dean, Lorraine T. & Hillier, Amy & Chau-Glendinning, Hang & Subramanian, S.V. & Williams, David R. & Kawachi, Ichiro, 2015. "Can you party your way to better health? A propensity score analysis of block parties and health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 201-209.
- Luciano Lavecchia, 2015. "A note on social capital, space and growth in Europe," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1017, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:194:y:2017:i:c:p:105-127 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsJapan; Social capital; Crime; Modifiable areal unit problem; Spatial Durbin Model; Hierarchical Linear Model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:10:p:1895-1902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .