Socioeconomic status and weight change in adults: a review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:5:718-722_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- anonymous, 2001. "Revisions to staff commentary on Regulation E," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue May, pages 306-306.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1996:86:7:1005-1010_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:1:73-77_7 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scharoun-Lee, Melissa & Adair, Linda S. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Gordon-Larsen, Penny, 2009. "Obesity, race/ethnicity and the multiple dimensions of socioeconomic status during the transition to adulthood: A factor analysis approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 708-716, February.
- Tafreschi, Darjusch, 2015.
"The income body weight gradients in the developing economy of China,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 115-134.
- Tafreschi, Darjusch, 2011. "The Income Body Weight Gradients in the Developing Economy of China," Economics Working Paper Series 1140, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Sund, Erik Reidar & Jones, Andy & Midthjell, Kristian, 2010. "Individual, family, and area predictors of BMI and BMI change in an adult Norwegian population: Findings from the HUNT study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1194-1202, April.
- Rundle, Andrew & Field, Sam & Park, Yoosun & Freeman, Lance & Weiss, Christopher C. & Neckerman, Kathryn, 2008. "Personal and neighborhood socioeconomic status and indices of neighborhood walk-ability predict body mass index in New York City," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 1951-1958, December.
- Lindsay McLaren & M. Auld & Jenny Godley & David Still & Lise Gauvin, 2010. "Examining the association between socioeconomic position and body mass index in 1978 and 2005 among Canadian working-age women and men," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 55(3), pages 193-200, June.
- Monsivais, Pablo & Martin, Adam & Suhrcke, Marc & Forouhi, Nita G. & Wareham, Nicholas J., 2015. "Job-loss and weight gain in British adults: Evidence from two longitudinal studies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 223-231.
- Zeng, Wu & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Jovel, Karla Rubio & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nyberg, Colleen & Tanner, Susan & Reyes-García, Victoria & Leonard, William R. & Castaño, Juliana & Huanca, Tomás & McDade, 2013. "Adult obesity: Panel study from native Amazonians," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 227-235.
- Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Sánchez, Brisa N. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores, 2008. "Differential effect of birthplace and length of residence on body mass index (BMI) by education, gender and race/ethnicity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(8), pages 1300-1310, October.
- Baum II, Charles L. & Ruhm, Christopher J., 2009. "Age, socioeconomic status and obesity growth," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 635-648, May.
- Soklaridis, Sophie & Ammendolia, Carlo & Cassidy, David, 2010. "Looking upstream to understand low back pain and return to work: Psychosocial factors as the product of system issues," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(9), pages 1557-1566, November.
- Ajay Mahal & Lainie Sutton, 2014. "Economic prosperity and non-communicable disease: understanding the linkages," Chapters,in: Handbook on Food, chapter 12, pages 278-324 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Umberson, Debra & Liu, Hui & Mirowsky, John & Reczek, Corinne, 2011. "Parenthood and trajectories of change in body weight over the life course," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(9), pages 1323-1331.
- Vermeer, Willemijn M. & Steenhuis, Ingrid H.M. & Seidell, Jacob C., 2009. "From the point-of-purchase perspective: A qualitative study of the feasibility of interventions aimed at portion-size," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 73-80, April.
- Butzlaff, Iris, 2016. "BMI Growth Rates and the Nutrition Transition: The Role of Income, Inequality and Income Growth in Russia," Discussion Papers 232914, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Backett-Milburn, Kathryn C. & Wills, Wendy J. & Roberts, Mei-Li & Lawton, Julia, 2010. "Food, eating and taste: Parents' perspectives on the making of the middle class teenager," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(7), pages 1316-1323, October.
- Kooreman, Peter & Scherpenzeel, Annette, 2014. "High frequency body mass measurement, feedback, and health behaviors," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 141-153.
- Wen, Ming & Maloney, Thomas N., 2014. "Neighborhood socioeconomic status and BMI differences by immigrant and legal status: Evidence from Utah," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 120-131.
- Sengupta, Angan & Angeli, Federica & Syamala, Thelakkat S. & Dagnelie, Pieter C. & Schayck, C.P. van, 2015. "Overweight and obesity prevalence among Indian women by place of residence and socio-economic status: Contrasting patterns from ‘underweight states’ and ‘overweight states’ of India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 161-169.
- Pampel, Fred C. & Denney, Justin T. & Krueger, Patrick M., 2012. "Obesity, SES, and economic development: A test of the reversal hypothesis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(7), pages 1073-1081.
- Ingunn Holden Bergh & Øivind Skare & Annalena Aase & Knut-Inge Klepp & Nanna Lien, 2016. "Weight development from age 13 to 30 years and adolescent socioeconomic status: The Norwegian Longitudinal Health Behaviour study," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(4), pages 465-473, May.
- Scott A. Carson, 2013. "Statures, BMIs, and Weight: A Reassessment," CESifo Working Paper Series 4540, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsSocioeconomic status Obesity Weight change Review Developed countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:60:y:2005:i:9:p:1987-2010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.