Socioeconomic status and weight change in adults: a review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- anonymous, 2001. "Revisions to staff commentary on Regulation E," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue May, pages 306-306.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:5:718-722_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1996:86:7:1005-1010_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:1:73-77_7 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scharoun-Lee, Melissa & Adair, Linda S. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Gordon-Larsen, Penny, 2009. "Obesity, race/ethnicity and the multiple dimensions of socioeconomic status during the transition to adulthood: A factor analysis approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 708-716, February.
- Tafreschi, Darjusch, 2015.
"The income body weight gradients in the developing economy of China,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 115-134.
- Tafreschi, Darjusch, 2011. "The Income Body Weight Gradients in the Developing Economy of China," Economics Working Paper Series 1140, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Sund, Erik Reidar & Jones, Andy & Midthjell, Kristian, 2010. "Individual, family, and area predictors of BMI and BMI change in an adult Norwegian population: Findings from the HUNT study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1194-1202, April.
- Rundle, Andrew & Field, Sam & Park, Yoosun & Freeman, Lance & Weiss, Christopher C. & Neckerman, Kathryn, 2008. "Personal and neighborhood socioeconomic status and indices of neighborhood walk-ability predict body mass index in New York City," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 1951-1958, December.
- Lindsay McLaren & M. Auld & Jenny Godley & David Still & Lise Gauvin, 2010. "Examining the association between socioeconomic position and body mass index in 1978 and 2005 among Canadian working-age women and men," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 55(3), pages 193-200, June.
- Monsivais, Pablo & Martin, Adam & Suhrcke, Marc & Forouhi, Nita G. & Wareham, Nicholas J., 2015. "Job-loss and weight gain in British adults: Evidence from two longitudinal studies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 223-231.
- Zeng, Wu & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Jovel, Karla Rubio & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nyberg, Colleen & Tanner, Susan & Reyes-García, Victoria & Leonard, William R. & Castaño, Juliana & Huanca, Tomás & McDade, 2013. "Adult obesity: Panel study from native Amazonians," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 227-235.
- Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Sánchez, Brisa N. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores, 2008. "Differential effect of birthplace and length of residence on body mass index (BMI) by education, gender and race/ethnicity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(8), pages 1300-1310, October.
- Baum II, Charles L. & Ruhm, Christopher J., 2009. "Age, socioeconomic status and obesity growth," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 635-648, May.
- Soklaridis, Sophie & Ammendolia, Carlo & Cassidy, David, 2010. "Looking upstream to understand low back pain and return to work: Psychosocial factors as the product of system issues," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(9), pages 1557-1566, November.
- Ajay Mahal & Lainie Sutton, 2014. "Economic prosperity and non-communicable disease: understanding the linkages," Chapters,in: Handbook on Food, chapter 12, pages 278-324 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Umberson, Debra & Liu, Hui & Mirowsky, John & Reczek, Corinne, 2011. "Parenthood and trajectories of change in body weight over the life course," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(9), pages 1323-1331.
- Vermeer, Willemijn M. & Steenhuis, Ingrid H.M. & Seidell, Jacob C., 2009. "From the point-of-purchase perspective: A qualitative study of the feasibility of interventions aimed at portion-size," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 73-80, April.
- Butzlaff, Iris, 2016. "BMI Growth Rates and the Nutrition Transition: The Role of Income, Inequality and Income Growth in Russia," Discussion Papers 232914, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Backett-Milburn, Kathryn C. & Wills, Wendy J. & Roberts, Mei-Li & Lawton, Julia, 2010. "Food, eating and taste: Parents' perspectives on the making of the middle class teenager," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(7), pages 1316-1323, October.
- Kooreman, Peter & Scherpenzeel, Annette, 2014. "High frequency body mass measurement, feedback, and health behaviors," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 141-153.
- Wen, Ming & Maloney, Thomas N., 2014. "Neighborhood socioeconomic status and BMI differences by immigrant and legal status: Evidence from Utah," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 120-131.
- Sengupta, Angan & Angeli, Federica & Syamala, Thelakkat S. & Dagnelie, Pieter C. & Schayck, C.P. van, 2015. "Overweight and obesity prevalence among Indian women by place of residence and socio-economic status: Contrasting patterns from ‘underweight states’ and ‘overweight states’ of India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 161-169.
- Pampel, Fred C. & Denney, Justin T. & Krueger, Patrick M., 2012. "Obesity, SES, and economic development: A test of the reversal hypothesis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(7), pages 1073-1081.
- Ingunn Holden Bergh & Øivind Skare & Annalena Aase & Knut-Inge Klepp & Nanna Lien, 2016. "Weight development from age 13 to 30 years and adolescent socioeconomic status: The Norwegian Longitudinal Health Behaviour study," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(4), pages 465-473, May.
- Scott A. Carson, 2013. "Statures, BMIs, and Weight: A Reassessment," CESifo Working Paper Series 4540, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsSocioeconomic status Obesity Weight change Review Developed countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:60:y:2005:i:9:p:1987-2010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .