The role of the swiss franc in Switzerland’s European stance
The case of Switzerland appears to be unique with regards to the European economic and monetary integration process, which began in 1957: although the country has had close and growing links with the European Union (EU) over time, it does not want to access full membership. Even though this situation of high integration without full membership entails certain constraints, it is also interesting for Switzerland in many respects. In particular, it allows the country to preserve the sovereignty of its money, which is the backbone of Switzerland’s modern existence. That is why I consider that the Swiss Franc is at the core of Switzerland’s European stance.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 38 (2016)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Virginie Coudert & Hélène Raymond-Feingold, 2011.
"Gold and financial assets: Are there any safe havens in bear markets?,"
AccessEcon, vol. 31(2), pages 1613-1622.
- Virginie Coudert & Hélène Raymond, 2010. "Gold and Financial Assets: Are There Any Safe Havens in Bear Markets?," Working Papers 2010-13, CEPII research center.
- Cyriac Guillaumin & Guillaume Vallet, 2012. "La Suisse et la zone euro : votre monnaie, notre problème ? La possibilité d'un ancrage de jure," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 122(5), pages 629-655.
- Cyriac Guillaumin & Guillaume Vallet, 2011. "La Suisse et la zone euro : votre monnaie, notre problème ? La possibilité d'un ancrage de jure," Post-Print halshs-00641224, HAL.
- Cyriac Guillaumin & Guillaume Vallet, 2012. "La Suisse et la zone euro : votre monnaie, notre problème ? La possibilité d'un ancrage de jure," Post-Print halshs-00769757, HAL.
- Carlos Lenz & Marcel Savioz, 2009. "Monetary determinants of the Swiss franc," Working Papers 2009-16, Swiss National Bank.
- Angelo Ranaldo & Paul Söderlind, 2010. "Safe Haven Currencies," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 14(3), pages 385-407.
- Angelo Ranaldo & Paul Söderlind, 2007. "Safe Haven Currencies," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2007 2007-22, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Ranaldo, Angelo & Söderlind, Paul, 2009. "Safe Haven Currencies," CEPR Discussion Papers 7249, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Angelo Ranaldo & Paul Söderlind, 2007. "Safe Haven Currencies," Working Papers 2007-17, Swiss National Bank.
- Baldwin, Richard, 1993. "A Domino Theory of Regionalism," CEPR Discussion Papers 857, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Baldwin, 1993. "A Domino Theory of Regionalism," NBER Working Papers 4465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1991. "The move toward free trade zones," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 7-58.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1991. "The move toward free trade zones," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Nov, pages 5-25.
- Alain Laurent & Guillaume Vallet, 2014. "La construction progressive de l'avantage compétitif financier suisse (1914-1936)," Revue d'économie financière, Association d'économie financière, vol. 0(1), pages 259-274.
- Alain Laurent & Guillaume Vallet, 2014. "La construction progressive de l'avantage compétitif financier suisse (1914-1936)," Post-Print halshs-00976853, HAL.
- Christian Jochum & Marcel R. Savioz, 2005. "A Strange Animal? The Swiss Franc Exchange Rate as a "Captured" Random Walk," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 141(IV), pages 527-553, December.
- Marion Kohler, 2010. "Exchange rates during financial crises," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- John Cairns & Corrinne Ho & Robert McCauley, 2007. "Exchange rates and global volatility: implications for Asia-Pacific currencies," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Frieden, Jeffry A., 1997. "Monetary Populism in Nineteenth-Century America: An Open Economy Interpretation," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 57(02), pages 367-395, June.
- Guillaume Vallet, 2014. "Le changement, c'est maintenant ? La politique monétaire de la Banque nationale suisse depuis la crise de 2007," Post-Print halshs-01079697, HAL.
- William R. Cline & John Williamson, 2011. "Estimates of Fundamental Equilibrium Exchange Rates, May 2011," Policy Briefs PB11-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Weber, Ernst Juerg, 1988. "Currency Competition in Switzerland, 1826-1850," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 459-478. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:38:y:2016:i:c:p:35-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.