Is smarter better? A comparison of adaptive, and simple moving average trading strategies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael C. Jensen, 1968. "The Performance Of Mutual Funds In The Period 1945–1964," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 389-416, May.
- Louis P. Lukac & B. Wade Brorsen, 1989. "The usefulness of historical data in selecting parameters for technical trading systems," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 55-65, February.
- Oberlechner, Thomas, 2001. "Importance of Technical and Fundamental Analysis in the European Foreign Exchange Market," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 81-93, January.
- Sweeney, Richard J., 1988. "Some New Filter Rule Tests: Methods and Results," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(03), pages 285-300, September.
- Jensen, Michael C & Bennington, George A, 1970. "Random Walks and Technical Theories: Some Additional Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 469-482, May.
- Menkhoff, Lukas, 1997. "Examining the Use of Technical Currency Analysis," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(4), pages 307-318, October.
- Taylor, Mark P. & Allen, Helen, 1992. "The use of technical analysis in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 304-314, June.
- Brock, William & Lakonishok, Josef & LeBaron, Blake, 1992.
" Simple Technical Trading Rules and the Stochastic Properties of Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1731-1764, December.
- Brock, W. & Lakonishok, J. & Lebaron, B., 1991. "Simple Technical Trading Rules And The Stochastic Properties Of Stock Returns," Working papers 90-22, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:115-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Craig Ellis & Patrick J. Wilson & Ralf Zurbruegg, 2007. "Real Estate ‘Value’ Stocks and International Diversification," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 265-287, September.
- Roy L. Hayes & Jingwei Wu & Ruijra Chaysiri & Jean Bae & Peter A. Beling & William T. Scherer, 2016. "Effects of time horizon and asset condition on the profitability of technical trading rules," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(1), pages 41-59, January.
- Döpke, Jörg & Hartmann, Daniel & Pierdzioch, Christian, 2008. "Real-time macroeconomic data and ex ante stock return predictability," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 274-290.
- Serbera, Jean-Philippe & Paumard, Pascal, 2016. "The fall of high-frequency trading: A survey of competition and profits," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 271-287.
- Roy Hayes & Jingwei Wu & Ruijra Chaysiri & Jean Bae & Peter Beling & William Scherer, 2016. "Effects of time horizon and asset condition on the profitability of technical trading rules," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(1), pages 41-59, January.
- Metghalchi, Massoud & Chang, Yung-Ho & Marcucci, Juri, 2008. "Is the Swedish stock market efficient? Evidence from some simple trading rules," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 475-490, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:19:y:2005:i:3:p:399-411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.