Changes in the risk structure of stock returns: Consumer Confidence and the dotcom bubble
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lawrence A. Leger & Vitor Leone, 2007. "Changes in the risk structure of stock returns. Consumer Confidence and the Dotcom Bubble," Discussion Paper Series 2007_15, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Jun 2007.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shukla, Ravi & Trzcinka, Charles, 1990. " Sequential Tests of the Arbitrage Pricing Theory: A Comparison of Principal Components and Maximum Likelihood Factors," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1541-1564, December.
- Cheng, Arnold C S, 1996. "Economic Factors and Stock Markets: Empirical Evidence from the UK and the US," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(4), pages 287-302, October.
- Jagannathan, Ravi & Wang, Zhenyu, 1996.
" The Conditional CAPM and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 3-53, March.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Zhenyu Wang, 1996. "The conditional CAPM and the cross-section of expected returns," Staff Report 208, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Cauchie, Severine & Hoesli, Martin & Isakov, Dusan, 2004.
"The determinants of stock returns in a small open economy,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 167-185.
- Séverine CAUCHIE & Martin HOESLI & Dušan ISAKOV, 2003. "The Determinants of Stock Returns in a Small Open Economy," FAME Research Paper Series rp54, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Dhrymes, Phoebus J, et al, 1985. " New Tests of the APT and Their Implications," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 659-674, July.
- Beenstock, Michael & Chan, Kam-Fai, 1988. "Economic Forces in the London Stock Market," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 50(1), pages 27-39, February.
- Connor, Gregory & Korajczyk, Robert A, 1993. " A Test for the Number of Factors in an Approximate Factor Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1263-1291, September.
- Booth, James R. & Booth, Lena Chua, 2003. "Is presidential cycle in security returns merely a reflection of business conditions?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 131-159.
- Priestley, Richard, 1997. "Seasonality, Stock Returns and the Macroeconomy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1742-1750, November.
- Beenstock, Michael & Chan, Kam-Fai, 1986. "Testing the Arbitrage Pricing Theory in the United Kingdom," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(2), pages 121-141, May.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Doron Avramov & Tarun Chordia, 2006. "Asset Pricing Models and Financial Market Anomalies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 1001-1040.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2003. "The macroeconomic determinants of technology stock price volatility," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 191-205.
- Priestley, Richard, 1996. "The arbitrage pricing theory, macroeconomic and financial factors, and expectations generating processes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 869-890, June.
- Jansen, W. Jos & Nahuis, Niek J., 2003.
"The stock market and consumer confidence: European evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 89-98, April.
- W. Jos Jansen & Niek J. Nahuis, 2002. "The Stock Market and Consumer Confidence: European Evidence," MEB Series (discontinued) 2002-11, Netherlands Central Bank, Monetary and Economic Policy Department.
- Chamberlain, Gary & Rothschild, Michael, 1983.
"Arbitrage, Factor Structure, and Mean-Variance Analysis on Large Asset Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1281-1304, September.
- Gary Chamberlain & Michael Rothschild, 1982. "Arbitrage, Factor Structure, and Mean-Variance Analysis on Large Asset Markets," NBER Working Papers 0996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chamberlain, Gary & Rothschild, Michael, 1982. "Arbitrage, Factor Structure, and Mean-Variance Analysis on Large Asset Markets," Scholarly Articles 3230355, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Chen, Nai-fu, 1983. " Some Empirical Tests of the Theory of Arbitrage Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(5), pages 1393-1414, December.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164, June.
- Fraser, Patricia, 1996. "UK Excess Share Returns: Firm Size and Volatility," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(1), pages 71-84, February.
- Dhrymes, Phoebus J. & Friend, Irwin & Gultekin, N. Bulent & Gultekin, Mustafa N., 1985. "An empirical examination of the implications of arbitrage pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 73-99, March.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1998. "Alternative factor specifications, security characteristics, and the cross-section of expected stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 345-373, September.
- Chan, K. C. & Chen, Nai-fu & Hsieh, David A., 1985. "An exploratory investigation of the firm size effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 451-471, September.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Titman, Sheridan, 1993. " Returns to Buying Winners and Selling Losers: Implications for Stock Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 65-91, March.
- Mei, Jianping, 1993. "Explaining the Cross-Section of Returns via a Multi-Factor APT Model," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(03), pages 331-345, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vitor Leone, 2011. "From Property Companies to Real Estate Investment Trusts: The Impact of Economic and Property Factors on UK Listed Property Returns," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 16(1), pages 19-36, March.
- Jasman Tuyon & Zamri Ahmada, 2016. "Behavioural finance perspectives on Malaysian stock market efficiency," Borsa Istanbul Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 16(1), pages 43-61, March.
- Morris, John J. & Alam, Pervaiz, 2012. "Value relevance and the dot-com bubble of the 1990s," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 243-255.
- Vitor Leone, 2010. "From Property Companies to Real Estate Investment Trusts: The Impact of Economic and Property Factors in the UK Commercial Property Returns," Working Papers 2010/4, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
More about this item
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:revfin:v:17:y:2008:i:3:p:228-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170 .