DEA efficiency profiles of U.S. banks operating internationally
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Loretta J. Mester, 1987. "Efficient production of financial services: scale and scope economies," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jan, pages 15-25.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1991.
"The dominance of inefficiencies over scale and product mix economies in banking,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 117-148, August.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1990. "The dominance of inefficiencies over scale and product mix economies in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 107, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Fare,Rolf & Grosskopf,Shawna & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2008. "Production Frontiers," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521072069.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Lovell, C A Knox, 1983. " The Structure of Technical Efficiency," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 181-190.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Huang, Z. M. & Sun, D. B., 1990. "Polyhedral Cone-Ratio DEA Models with an illustrative application to large commercial banks," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 73-91.
- Loretta J. Mester, "undated".
"Efficiency of Banks in the Third Federal Reserve District,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
2-94, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Loretta Mester, 1993. "Efficiency of Banks in the Third Federal Reserve District," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-13, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Loretta J. Mester, 1993. "Efficiency of banks in the Third Federal Reserve District," Working Papers 94-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Loretta J. Mester, "undated". "Efficiency of Banks in the Third Federal Reserve District," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-94, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Parkan, Celik, 1987. "Measuring the efficiency of service operations: An application to bank branches," Engineering Costs and Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-4), pages 237-242, July.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Philip R. Israilevich, 1991. "Productive efficiency in banking," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jul, pages 11-32.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
- Sherman, H. David & Gold, Franklin, 1985. "Bank branch operating efficiency : Evaluation with Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 297-315, June.
- Piyu Yue, 1992. "Data envelopment analysis and commercial bank performance: a primer with applications to Missouri banks," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 31-45.
- Gilbert, R Alton, 1984. "Bank Market Structure and Competition: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 617-644, November.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Golany, B. & Seiford, L. & Stutz, J., 1985. "Foundations of data envelopment analysis for Pareto-Koopmans efficient empirical production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 91-107.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Haslem, John A. & Scheraga, Carl A. & Bedingfield, James P., 1993. "A comparison of the balance sheet strategies of foreign-owned and domestic-owned U.S. banks," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 293-316.
- Rangan, Nanda & Grabowski, Richard & Aly, Hassan Y. & Pasurka, Carl, 1988. "The technical efficiency of US banks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 169-175.
- Charnes, A & Cooper, William W & Schinnar, AP, 1982. "Transforms and approximations in cost and production function relations," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 207-211.
- Hancock, Diana, 1986. "A model of the financial firm with imperfect asset and deposit elasticities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-54, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2011.
"Banks' risk race: A signaling explanation,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 784-791, October.
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2009. "Banks’ risk race: a signaling explanation," ESSEC Working Papers DR 09007, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Damien Besancenot & Radu Vranceanu, 2011. "Banks Risk Race: A Signaling Explanation," CEPN Working Papers halshs-00424214, HAL.
- Radu Vranceanu & Damien Besancenot, 2010. "Banks' risk race: A signaling explanation," Post-Print hal-00554719, HAL.
- Fotios Pasiouras & Aggeliki Liadaki & Constantin Zopounidis, 2008. "Bank efficiency and share performance: evidence from Greece," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(14), pages 1121-1130.
- Mihir Dash & Ravi Pathak, 2016. "Canonical Correlation Analysis of Asset-Liability Management of Indian Banks," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 5(2), pages 75-81, May.
- Lu, Wen-Min & Liu, John S. & Kweh, Qian Long & Wang, Chung-Wei, 2016. "Exploring the benchmarks of the Taiwanese investment trust corporations: Management and investment efficiency perspectives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(2), pages 607-618.
- Pasiouras, Fotios, 2008. "Estimating the technical and scale efficiency of Greek commercial banks: The impact of credit risk, off-balance sheet activities, and international operations," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 301-318, September.
- Jagdish R. Raiyani, 2011. "Analysis of Operational Efficiency in Indian Banks: A Comparative Study," Journal of Commerce and Trade, Society for Advanced Management Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 80-88, October.
- Lo, Shih-Fang & Lu, Wen-Min, 2009. "An integrated performance evaluation of financial holding companies in Taiwan," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 341-350, October.
- Sanyal, Paroma & Shankar, Rashmi, 2011. "Ownership, competition, and bank productivity: An analysis of Indian banking in the post-reform period," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 225-247, April.
- Mercan, Muhammet & Reisman, Arnold & Yolalan, Reha & Emel, Ahmet Burak, 2003. "The effect of scale and mode of ownership on the financial performance of the Turkish banking sector: results of a DEA-based analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 185-202, September.
- John A. Tatom & Reza Houston, 2011.
"Predicting Failure in the Commercial Banking Industry,"
NFI Working Papers
2011-WP-27, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Tatom, John, 2011. "Predicting failure in the commercial banking industry," MPRA Paper 34608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kristjanpoller Rodríguez Werner & Saavedra Rodríguez Oscar, 2014. "La eficiencia técnica de los bancos durante la crisis Caso aplicado a la rentabilidad de la banca comercial en México y Chile," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 59(1), pages 95-122, enero-mar.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:8:y:1999:i:2:p:165-182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.