A review of passenger rail franchising in Britain: 1996/1997-2006/2007
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard D Knowles, 2004. "Impacts of privatising Britain's rail passenger services -- franchising, refranchising, and Ten Year Transport Plan targets," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(11), pages 2065-2087, November.
- Michael G. Pollitt & Andrew S. J. Smith, 2002.
"The restructuring and privatisation of British Rail: was it really that bad?,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 23(4), pages 463-502, December.
- Pollitt, M. & Smith, A.S.J., 2001. "The Restructuring and Privatisation of British Rail: Was it really that bad?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0118, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Yvrande-Billon, Anne & Menard, Claude, 2005.
"Institutional constraints and organizational changes: the case of the British rail reform,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 675-699, April.
- Anne Yvrande-Billon & Claude Ménard, 2005. "Institutional Constraints and Organizational Changes : The Case of the British Rail Reform," Post-Print halshs-00273389, HAL.
- J Cowie, 2002. "Subsidy and Productivity in the Privatised British Passenger Railway," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 7(1), pages 25-38, March.
- Gourvish, Terry, 2002. "British Rail 1974-1997: From Integration to Privatisation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199250059.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- La liberalizaciÃ³n del sector ferroviarioâ€¦ ponerse la venda antes de la herida
by Juan JosÃ© Ganuza in Nada Es Gratis on 2014-06-05 11:00:57
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carmen A. Li & John Stittle, 2014. "Privatisation and Franchising of British Train Operations," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 24(1), pages 53-65, March.
- Bray, David & Sayeg, Philip, 2013. "Private sector involvement in urban rail: Experience and lessons from South East Asia," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 191-201.
- Smith, Andrew S.J. & Wheat, Phill E. & Nash, Chris A., 2010. "Exploring the effects of passenger rail franchising in Britain: Evidence from the first two rounds of franchising (1997-2008)," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 72-79.
- Álvarez-SanJaime, Óscar & Cantos-Sanchez, Pedro & Moner-Colonques, Rafael & Sempere-Monerris, Jose J., 2015.
"A model of internal and external competition in a High Speed Rail line,"
Economics of Transportation,
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 178-187.
- Oscar ALVAREZ-SANJAIME & Pedro CANTOS-SANCHEZ & Rafael MONER-COONQUES & Jose J. SEMPERE-MONERRIS, 2015. "A model of internal and external competition in a high speed rail line," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2789, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Preston, John, 2016. "Deja Vu all over again? Rail franchising in Britain," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 107-115.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:retrec:v:22:y:2008:i:1:p:71-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.