Evaluating the long term impacts of transport policy: The case of passenger rail privatisation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ivaldi Marc & Mccullough Gerard, 2008.
"Subadditivity Tests for Network Separation with an Application to U.S. Railroads,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Ivaldi, Marc & McCullough, Gerard, 2004. "Subadditivity Tests for Network Separation with an Application to US Railroads," CEPR Discussion Papers 4392, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Piet Rietveld & Kenneth Button & Peter Nijkamp (ed.), 2003. "Urban Transport," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2266, April.
- Michael G. Pollitt & Andrew S. J. Smith, 2002.
"The restructuring and privatisation of British Rail: was it really that bad?,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 23(4), pages 463-502, December.
- Pollitt, M. & Smith, A.S.J., 2001. "The Restructuring and Privatisation of British Rail: Was it really that bad?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0118, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Wardman, Mark, 2006. "Demand for rail travel and the effects of external factors," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 129-148, May.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Shuji Uranishi, 2013. "Does vertical separation reduce cost? An empirical analysis of the rail industry in European and East Asian OECD Countries," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 31-59, January.
- Anthony E. Boardman & Claude Laurin & Mark A. Moore & Aidan R. Vining, 2009. "A Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Privatization of Canadian National Railway," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 35(1), pages 59-83, March.
- Chris Nash & Mark Wardman & Kenneth Button & Peter Nijkamp (ed.), 2002. "Railways," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2269, April.
- Gourvish, Terry, 2002. "British Rail 1974-1997: From Integration to Privatisation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199250059.
- Leroy P. Jones & Pankaj Tandon & Ingo Vogelsang, 1990. "Selling Public Enterprises: A Cost/Benefit Methodology," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262600625.
- Jonathan Cowie, 2009. "The British Passenger Rail Privatisation: Conclusions on Subsidy and Efficiency from the First Round of Franchises," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 43(1), pages 85-104, January.
- John Preston, 2009. "Competition for Long Distance Passenger Rail Services: The Emerging Evidence," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2009/23, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthias Aistleitner & Christian Grimm & Jakob Kapeller, 2018. "Auftragsvergabe, Leistungsqualitaet und Kostenintensitaet im Schienenpersonenverkehr. Eine internationale Perspektive," ICAE Working Papers 86, Johannes Kepler University, Institute for Comprehensive Analysis of the Economy.
- Ida, Yoram & Talit, Gal, 2015. "Regulation of public bus services: The Israeli experience," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 156-165.
- Giulio Mattioli, 2017. "‘Forced Car Ownership’ in the UK and Germany: Socio-Spatial Patterns and Potential Economic Stress Impacts," Social Inclusion, Cogitatio Press, vol. 5(4), pages 147-160.
- Preston, John, 2018. "The wheels keep on turning: Is the end of rail franchising in Britain in sight?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 187-196.
- Cowie, Jonathan, 2014. "Performance, profit and consumer sovereignty in the English deregulated bus market," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 255-262.
- Hirschhorn, Fabio & Veeneman, Wijnand & van de Velde, Didier, 2019. "Organisation and performance of public transport: A systematic cross-case comparison of metropolitan areas in Europe, Australia, and Canada," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 419-432.
- Vigren, Andreas, 2016. "Competition in Swedish passenger railway : entry in an open-access market," Working papers in Transport Economics 2016:18, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Mattioli, Giulio & Lucas, Karen & Marsden, Greg, 2017. "Transport poverty and fuel poverty in the UK: From analogy to comparison," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 93-105.
- van de Velde, Didier & Augustin, Katrin, 2014. "Workshop 4 Report: Governance, ownership and competition in deregulated public transport markets," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 237-244.
- Carlo Vittorio FIORIO & Massimo FLORIO & Giovanni PERUCCA, 2011. "Consumers’ satisfaction and regulation of local public transport: evidence from European cities," Departmental Working Papers 2011-26, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Tomeš, Zdeněk & Kvizda, Martin & Nigrin, Tomáš & Seidenglanz, Daniel, 2014. "Competition in the railway passenger market in the Czech Republic," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 270-276.
- Pittman, Russell, 2016. "Reforming and Restructuring Ukrzaliznytsia: A Crucial Task for Ukrainian Reformers," MPRA Paper 76028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fröidh, Oskar & Byström, Camilla, 2013. "Competition on the tracks – Passengers’ response to deregulation of interregional rail services," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1-10.
- Preston, John, 2016. "Deja Vu all over again? Rail franchising in Britain," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 107-115.
- Cui, Shana & Pittman, Russell & Zhao, Jian, 2018. "Restructuring the Chinese Freight Railway: Two Scenarios," MPRA Paper 88407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fröidh, Oskar & Nelldal, Bo-Lennart, 2015. "The impact of market opening on the supply of interregional train services," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 189-200.
- van de Velde, Didier, 2014. "Market initiative regimes in public transport in Europe: Recent developments," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 33-40.
More about this item
KeywordsPassenger rail; Privatisation; Welfare analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:retrec:v:39:y:2013:i:1:p:14-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.