The digital transformation of innovation and entrepreneurship: Progress, challenges and key themes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin, Kirsten, 2018. "The penalty for privacy violations: How privacy violations impact trust online," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 103-116.
- Ajay Agrawal & Christian Catalini & Avi Goldfarb, 2014.
"Some Simple Economics of Crowdfunding,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 63-97.
- Herman Aguinis & Jeffrey R. Edwards, 2014. "Methodological Wishes for the Next Decade and How to Make Wishes Come True," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 143-174, January.
- Eric von Hippel, 1986. "Lead Users: A Source of Novel Product Concepts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(7), pages 791-805, July.
- Eiteneyer, Nils & Bendig, David & Brettel, Malte, 2019. "Social capital and the digital crowd: Involving backers to promote new product innovativeness," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Arora, Ashish & Athreye, Suma & Huang, Can, 2016.
"The paradox of openness revisited: Collaborative innovation and patenting by UK innovators,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 1352-1361.
- Arora, Ashish & Athreye, Suma & Huang, Can, 2015. "The paradox of openness revisited: Collaborative innovation and patenting by UK innovators," MERIT Working Papers 2015-031, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Forman, Chris & van Zeebroeck, Nicolas, 2019.
"Digital technology adoption and knowledge flows within firms: Can the Internet overcome geographic and technological distance?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Chris CM Forman & Nicolas van Zeebroeck, 2019. "Digital technology adoption and knowledge flows within firms: Can the Internet overcome geographic and technological distance?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/277616, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jonathan Wareham & Paul B. Fox & Josep Lluís Cano Giner, 2014. "Technology Ecosystem Governance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(4), pages 1195-1215, August.
- Andy Cosh & Douglas Cumming & Alan Hughes, 2009. "Outside Enterpreneurial Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(540), pages 1494-1533, October.
- Dahlander, Linus & Gann, David M., 2010. "How open is innovation?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 699-709, July.
- Fischer, Eileen & Reuber, A. Rebecca, 2011. "Social interaction via new social media: (How) can interactions on Twitter affect effectual thinking and behavior?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Foege, J. Nils & Lauritzen, Ghita Dragsdahl & Tietze, Frank & Salge, Torsten Oliver, 2019. "Reconceptualizing the paradox of openness: How solvers navigate sharing-protecting tensions in crowdsourcing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 1323-1339.
- Baumol, William J., 1996.
"Entrepreneurship: Productive, unproductive, and destructive,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, January.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2012.
"Privacy and Innovation,"
NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 12, pages 65-89,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saadatmand, Fatemeh & Lindgren, Rikard & Schultze, Ulrike, 2019. "Configurations of platform organizations: Implications for complementor engagement," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- David Tilson & Kalle Lyytinen & Carsten Sørensen, 2010. "Research Commentary ---Digital Infrastructures: The Missing IS Research Agenda," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 21(4), pages 748-759, December.
- repec:eee:respol:v:48:y:2019:i:8:p:- is not listed on IDEAS
- Brunswicker, Sabine & Schecter, Aaron, 2019. "Coherence or flexibility? The paradox of change for developers’ digital innovation trajectory on open platforms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Valentina Lazzarotti & Raffaella Manzini, 2009. "Different Modes Of Open Innovation: A Theoretical Framework And An Empirical Study," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(04), pages 615-636.
- West, Joel, 2003. "How open is open enough?: Melding proprietary and open source platform strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1259-1285, July.
- Youngjin Yoo & Richard J. Boland & Kalle Lyytinen & Ann Majchrzak, 2012. "Organizing for Innovation in the Digitized World," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(5), pages 1398-1408, October.
- Satish Nambisan & Robert A. Baron, 2010. "Different Roles, Different Strokes: Organizing Virtual Customer Environments to Promote Two Types of Customer Contributions," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(2), pages 554-572, April.
- Hal Varian, 2018.
"Artificial Intelligence, Economics, and Industrial Organization,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Artificial Intelligence: An Agenda, pages 399-419,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hal Varian, 2018. "Artificial Intelligence, Economics, and Industrial Organization," NBER Working Papers 24839, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sundararajan, Arun, 2016. "The Sharing Economy: The End of Employment and the Rise of Crowd-Based Capitalism," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262034573, September.
- Richard J. Boland & Kalle Lyytinen & Youngjin Yoo, 2007. "Wakes of Innovation in Project Networks: The Case of Digital 3-D Representations in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4), pages 631-647, August.
- Hunt Allcott & Matthew Gentzkow, 2017. "Social Media and Fake News in the 2016 Election," NBER Working Papers 23089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miric, Milan & Boudreau, Kevin J. & Jeppesen, Lars Bo, 2019. "Protecting their digital assets: The use of formal & informal appropriability strategies by App developers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Bader, M.D.M. & Mooney, S.J. & Rundle, A.G., 2016. "Protecting personally identifiable information when using online geographic tools for public health research," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 106(2), pages 206-208.
- Rothwell, R. & Freeman, C. & Horlsey, A. & Jervis, V. T. P. & Robertson, A. B. & Townsend, J., 1974. "SAPPHO updated - project SAPPHO phase II," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 258-291, November.
- Cabiddu, Francesca & Carlo, Manuela De & Piccoli, Gabriele, 2014. "Social media affordances: Enabling customer engagement," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 175-192.
- Eaton, Ben & Elaluf-Calderwood, Silvia & Sorensen, Carsten & Yoo, Youngjin, 2015. "Distributed tuning of boundary resources: the case of Apple's iOS service system," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63272, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Verstegen, Luuk & Houkes, Wybo & Reymen, Isabelle, 2019. "Configuring collective digital-technology usage in dynamic and complex design practices," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Shaikh, Maha & Levina, Natalia, 2019. "Selecting an open innovation community as an alliance partner: Looking for healthy communities and ecosystems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Hunt Allcott & Matthew Gentzkow, 2017. "Social Media and Fake News in the 2016 Election," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 211-236, Spring.
- Cumming, Douglas & Meoli, Michele & Vismara, Silvio, 2019. "Investors’ choices between cash and voting rights: Evidence from dual-class equity crowdfunding," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Lars Bo Jeppesen & Lars Frederiksen, 2006. "Why Do Users Contribute to Firm-Hosted User Communities? The Case of Computer-Controlled Music Instruments," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 45-63, February.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik, 2011. "ICT, innovation and the e-economy," EIB Papers 8/2011, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Garud, Raghu & Karnoe, Peter, 2003. "Bricolage versus breakthrough: distributed and embedded agency in technology entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 277-300, February.
- Balsmeier, Benjamin & Woerter, Martin, 2019. "Is this time different? How digitalization influences job creation and destruction," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Drechsler, Wenzel & Natter, Martin, 2012. "Understanding a firm's openness decisions in innovation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 438-445.
- Baker, Ted & Miner, Anne S. & Eesley, Dale T., 2003. "Improvising firms: bricolage, account giving and improvisational competencies in the founding process," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 255-276, February.
- Wang, Wanxin & Mahmood, Ammara & Sismeiro, Catarina & Vulkan, Nir, 2019. "The evolution of equity crowdfunding: Insights from co-investments of angels and the crowd," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1-1.
- Marcel Bogers & Ann-Kristin Zobel & Allan Afuah & Esteve Almirall & Sabine Brunswicker & Linus Dahlander & Lars Frederiksen & Annabelle Gawer & Marc Gruber & Stefan Haefliger & John Hagedoorn & Dennis, 2017. "The open innovation research landscape: established perspectives and emerging themes across different levels of analysis," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 8-40, January.
- Youngjin Yoo & Ola Henfridsson & Kalle Lyytinen, 2010. "Research Commentary ---The New Organizing Logic of Digital Innovation: An Agenda for Information Systems Research," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 21(4), pages 724-735, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mengmeng Meng & Jiasu Lei & Jie Jiao & Qiuyan Tao, 2020. "How does strategic flexibility affect bricolage: The moderating role of environmental turbulence," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(8), pages 1-18, August.
- Nysveen, Herbjørn & Pedersen, Per E. & Skard, Siv, 2020. "Ecosystem adoption of practices over time (EAPT): Toward an alternative view of contemporary technology adoption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 542-551.
- Vanessa Ratten & Paul Jones, 0. "New challenges in sport entrepreneurship for value creation," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- Allen, Darcy W.E. & Berg, Chris & Markey-Towler, Brendan & Novak, Mikayla & Potts, Jason, 2020. "Blockchain and the evolution of institutional technologies: Implications for innovation policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(1).
- Yuzhuo Cai & Borja Ramis Ferrer & Jose Luis Martinez Lastra, 2019. "Building University-Industry Co-Innovation Networks in Transnational Innovation Ecosystems: Towards a Transdisciplinary Approach of Integrating Social Sciences and Artificial Intelligence," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-1, August.
- Hai Guo & Zhuen Yang & Ran Huang & Anqi Guo, 2020. "The digitalization and public crisis responses of small and medium enterprises: Implications from a COVID-19 survey," Frontiers of Business Research in China, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Naudé, Wim & Liebregts, Werner, 2020. "Digital Entrepreneurship Research: A Concise Introduction," IZA Discussion Papers 13667, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Thonipara, Anita & Sternberg, Rolf G. & Proeger, Till & Haefner, Lukas, 2020. "Assessing the Digital Divide and its Regional Determinants: Evidence from a Web-Scraping Analysis," ifh Working Papers 25/2020, Volkswirtschaftliches Institut für Mittelstand und Handwerk an der Universität Göttingen (ifh).
- Zaheer, Hasnain & Breyer, Yvonne & Dumay, John, 2019. "Digital entrepreneurship: An interdisciplinary structured literature review and research agenda," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 148(C).
- Saarikko, Ted & Westergren, Ulrika H. & Blomquist, Tomas, 2020. "Digital transformation: Five recommendations for the digitally conscious firm," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 63(6), pages 825-839.
- Vanessa Ratten & Paul Jones, 2020. "New challenges in sport entrepreneurship for value creation," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 961-980, September.
- Yizhou Chu & Maomao Chi & Weijun Wang & Bo Luo, 2019. "The Impact of Information Technology Capabilities of Manufacturing Enterprises on Innovation Performance: Evidences from SEM and fsQCA," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(21), pages 1-1, October.
- Andreas Hein & Maximilian Schreieck & Tobias Riasanow & David Soto Setzke & Manuel Wiesche & Markus Böhm & Helmut Krcmar, 2020. "Digital platform ecosystems," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 30(1), pages 87-98, March.
- Dillon, Sarah M. & Glavas, Charmaine & Mathews, Shane, 2020. "Digitally immersive, international entrepreneurial experiences," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6).
- Hadjielias, Elias & (Lola) Dada, Olufunmilola & Discua Cruz, Allan & Zekas, Stavros & Christofi, Michael & Sakka, Georgia, 2021. "How do digital innovation teams function? Understanding the team cognition-process nexus within the context of digital transformation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 373-386.
- Wei Zhou & Zidong Wang, 2020. "Competing for Search Traffic in Query Markets: Entry Strategy, Platform Design, and Entrepreneurship," Working Papers 20-12, NET Institute.
- Evgeny V. Popov & Wadim Strielkowski & Maksim V. Vlasov, 2020. "Digitalization of intellectual activity in Russian regions," Upravlenets, Ural State University of Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 24-32, March.
- Michaela Wrede & Vivek K. Velamuri & Tobias Dauth, 2020. "Top managers in the digital age: Exploring the role and practices of top managers in firms' digital transformation," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 41(8), pages 1549-1567, December.
- Shrutika Mishra & A. R. Tripathi, 2020. "Literature review on business prototypes for digital platform," Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Narcisa Roxana Mosteanu, 2020. "Finance Digitalization and its impact on labour market," Technium Social Sciences Journal, Technium Science, vol. 8(1), pages 598-605, June.
More about this item
KeywordsDigital transformation; Innovation; Entrepreneurship; Digital innovation; Digital platforms; Openness; Generativity; Affordance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:48:y:2019:i:8:8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.