Determinants of the adoption of Information Technology: a case study of electrical and electronic goods manufacturing firms in India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Bound & Clint Cummins & Zvi Griliches & Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam B. Jaffe, 1984. "Who Does R&D and Who Patents?," NBER Chapters,in: R&D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 21-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Riedel, 1975. "The nature and determinants of export-oriented direct foreign investment in a developing country: A case study of Taiwan," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 111(3), pages 505-528, September.
- Mody, Ashoka & Dahlman, Carl, 1992. "Performance and potential of information technology: An international perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(12), pages 1703-1719, December.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
- Utterback, James M. & Suarez, Fernando F., 1993. "Innovation, competition, and industry structure," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Schumpeter, Joseph A., 1947. "The Creative Response in Economic History," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 149-159, November.
- Kamien,Morton I. & Schwartz,Nancy L., 1982. "Market Structure and Innovation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521293853, April.
- Mark Doms & Timothy Dunne & Kenneth R. Troske, 1997. "Workers, Wages, and Technology," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 253-290.
- Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda, 1997. "Skill development and integrated manufacturing in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1669-1681, October.
- Katrak, Homi, 1997. "The private use of publicly funded industrial technologies in developing countries: Empirical tests for an industrial research institute in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1541-1550, September.
- Braga, Helson & Willmore, Larry, 1991. "Technological Imports and Technological Effort: An Analysis of Their Determinants in Brazilian Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 421-432, June.
- Katrak, Homi, 1997. "Developing countries' imports of technology, in-house technological capabilities and efforts: an analysis of the Indian experience," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 67-83, June.
- Lal, K., 1996. "Information technology, international orientation and performance: A case study of electrical and electronic goods manufacturing firms in India," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 269-280, September.
- anonymous, 1996. "Small business welcome," Banking and Community Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Jul, pages 1-5.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adel Ben youssef & Walid Hadhri & Hatem Mhenni, 2014.
"Adoption of Information and Communication Technologies and New Organizational Practices in the Tunisian Manufacturing Sector,"
AccessEcon, vol. 34(4), pages 2237-2252.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Walid Hadhri & Hatem Mhenni, 2014. "Adoption of Information and Communication Technologies and New Organizational Practices in the Tunisian Manufacturing Sector," GREDEG Working Papers 2014-31, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Walid Hadhri & Hatem M'Henni, 2014. "Adoption of Information and Communication Technologies and New Organizational Practices in the Tunisian Manufacturing Sector," Post-Print halshs-01079373, HAL.
- Patrick Piget & Mohamed Kossaï, 2013. "The Relationship between Information and Communication Technology Use and Firm Performance in Developing Countries: A Case Study of Electrical and Electronic Goods Manufacturing SMEs in Tunisia," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 25(3), pages 330-343, September.
- Lal, K., 2004.
"E-Business and Export Behavior: Evidence from Indian Firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 505-517, March.
- Lal, K., 2002. "E-business and Export Behaviour: Evidence from Indian Firms," WIDER Working Paper Series 068, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gómez, Jaime & Vargas, Pilar, 2012. "Intangible resources and technology adoption in manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1607-1619.
- Oliviero A. Carboni, 2013. "Investment in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT): The Role of Geographic Distance and Industry Proximity," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2,3), pages 191-212, Winter.
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9491-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:81:y:2017:i:c:p:60-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Souitaris, Vangelis, 2002. "Technological trajectories as moderators of firm-level determinants of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 877-898, August.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Walid Hadhri & Téja Meharzi, 2015. "Adoption of Cloud Computingin Emerging Countries: The Role of the Absorptive Capacity," Post-Print halshs-01302772, HAL.
- Reyes, Pedro M. & Li, Suhong & Visich, John K., 2016. "Determinants of RFID adoption stage and perceived benefits," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(3), pages 801-812.
- Chiara Verbano & Karen Venturini & Giorgio Petroni & Anna Nosella, 2008. "Characteristics of Italian art restoration firms and factors influencing their adoption of laser technology," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(1), pages 3-34, March.
- Gomez, Jaime & Vargas, Pilar, 2009. "The effect of financial constraints, absorptive capacity and complementarities on the adoption of multiple process technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 106-119, February.
- Mohamed Kossaï & Patrick Piget, 2012. "Utilisation des technologies de l'information et des communications (TIC) et performance économique des PME Tunisiennes :une étude économétrique," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 55(3), pages 305-328.
- Bocquet, Rachel & Brossard, Olivier, 2007. "The variety of ICT adopters in the intra-firm diffusion process: Theoretical arguments and empirical evidence," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 409-437, December.
- Hazarika, Bhabesh & Bezbaruah, Madhurjya Prashad & Goswami, Kishor, 2016. "Adoption of modern weaving technology in the handloom micro-enterprises in Assam: A Double Hurdle approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 344-356.
- Francesco Sandulli & José Fernández-Menéndez & Antonio Rodríguez-Duarte & José López-Sánchez, 2012. "The productivity payoff of information technology in multimarket SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 99-117, July.
- Anna Giunta & Francesco Trivieri, 2007. "Understanding the determinants of information technology adoption: evidence from Italian manufacturing firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1325-1334.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:28:y:1999:i:7:p:667-680. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.