Deregulation, technology imports and in-house R&D efforts: an analysis of the Indian experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pandit, B. L. & Siddharthan, N. S., 1998. "Technological acquisition and investment: lessons from recent indian experience," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 43-55, January.
- Mowery, David C & Oxley, Joanne E, 1995. "Inward Technology Transfer and Competitiveness: The Role of National Innovation Systems," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 67-93, February.
- William S. Comanor, 1967. "Market Structure, Product Differentiation, and Industrial Research," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 81(4), pages 639-657.
- Desai, Ashok V., 1984. "India's technological capability: An analysis of its achievements and limits," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 303-310, October.
- Stoneman, P, 1979. "Patenting Activity: A Re-evaluation of the Influence of Demand Pressures," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 385-401, June.
- David J. Teece, 2008.
"Technology Transfer By Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost Of Transferring Technological Know-How,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 1, pages 1-22
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-How," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 10, pages 262-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J, 1977. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-how," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(346), pages 242-261, June.
- Wang, Jian-Ye & Blomstrom, Magnus, 1992.
"Foreign investment and technology transfer : A simple model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 137-155, January.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Jian-Ye Wang, 1989. "Foreign Investment and Technology Transfer: A Simple Model," NBER Working Papers 2958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deolalikar, Anil B & Evenson, Robert E, 1989.
"Technology Production and Technology Purchase in Indian Industry: An Econometric Analysis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 689-692, November.
- Deolalikar, A.B. & Evenson, R.E., 1988. "Technology Production And Technology Purchase In Indian Industry: An Econometric Analysis," Papers 556, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1983. "Determinants of R&D in an LDC : The Indian engineering industry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 379-383.
- Katrak, Homi, 1985. "Imported Technology, Enterprise Size and R&D in a Newly Industrializing Country: The Indian Experience," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 47(3), pages 213-229, August.
- Paul A. GEROSKI & Alexis Jacquemin, 1981. "Imports as a Competitive Discipline," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1981031, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Evenson, Robert E. & Westphal, Larry E., 1995. "Technological change and technology strategy," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 37, pages 2209-2299 Elsevier.
- Siddharthan, N. S., 1992. "Transaction costs, technology transfer, and in-house R&D : A study of the Indian private corporate sector," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 265-271, July.
- Braga, Helson & Willmore, Larry, 1991. "Technological Imports and Technological Effort: An Analysis of Their Determinants in Brazilian Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 421-432, June.
- Schmookler, Jacob, 1962. "Economic Sources of Inventive Activity," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 1-20, March.
- Katrak, Homi, 1997. "Developing countries' imports of technology, in-house technological capabilities and efforts: an analysis of the Indian experience," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 67-83, June.
- N. S. Siddharthan & B. L. Pandit, 1992. "Deregulations, Entry and Industrial Performance: The Impact of Recent Indian Policy Changes," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 27, pages 377-384.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investments and Technology Transfers in Development: A Perspective on Recent Literature," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 06, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Siddharthan, N. S. & Pandit, B. L., 1998. "Liberalisation and investment: behaviour of MNEs and large corporate firms in India," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 535-548, October.
- Katrak, Homi, 1989. "Imported technologies and R&D in a newly industrialising country : The experience of Indian enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 123-139, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peilei Fan, 2011. "Innovation capacity and economic development: China and India," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 49-73, April.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2013.
"Implications of liberalization policies on government support to R&D: Lessons from electricity markets,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 110-118.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2013. "Implications of liberalization policies on government support to R&D: lessons from electricity markets," MPRA Paper 42148, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jun Hou & Pierre Mohnen, 2013.
"Complementarity between In-house R&D and Technology Purchasing: Evidence from Chinese Manufacturing Firms,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 343-371, September.
- Hou, Jun & Mohnen, Pierre, 2011. "Complementarity between in-house R&D and technology purchasing: evidence from Chinese manufacturing firms," MERIT Working Papers 048, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Hou, Jun & Mohnen, Pierre, 2013. "Complementarity between internal knowledge creation and external knowledge sourcing in developing countries," MERIT Working Papers 010, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Tyabji, Nasir, 2012. "From the linear model to incremental innovation: Science and Industry in India," MPRA Paper 51292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marie-Ange VEGANZONES-VAROUDAKIS & Arup MITRA & Chandan SHARMA, 2012. "Are reforms productive? Explaining productivity and efficiency in the Indian manufacturing," Working Papers 201233, CERDI.
- repec:sdo:regaec:v:26:y:2017:i:3_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Özçelik, Emre & Taymaz, Erol, 2008. "R&D support programs in developing countries: The Turkish experience," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 258-275, March.
- Liza Jabbour & Pluvia Zuniga, 2016. "The Outsourcing of Research and Development in Global Markets: Evidence from France," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 339-368, March.
- Buckley, Peter J. & Munjal, Surender & Enderwick, Peter & Forsans, Nicolas, 2016. "The role of experiential and non-experiential knowledge in cross-border acquisitions: The case of Indian multinational enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 675-685.
- Jaya Prakash Pradhan & Puttaswamaiah S., 2006. "Trends and Patterns of Technology Acquisition in Indian Organized Manufacturing: An Inter-industry Exploration," Working Papers id:452, eSocialSciences.
- Saibal Ghosh, 2012.
"Does R&D intensity influence leverage? Evidence from Indian firm-level data,"
Journal of International Entrepreneurship,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 158-175, June.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2012. "Does R&D intensity influence leverage? Evidence from Indian firm-level data," MPRA Paper 38945, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Kalogerakis, Katharina, 2016. "A bibliometric analysis of academic papers on frugal innovation," Working Papers 93, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2006. "R&D in Indian public enterprises: An assessment," MPRA Paper 32073, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Choi Seung Mo & González Daniel Toro & Gray Peter, 2013. "International technology adoption, R&D, and productivity growth," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 1-24, June.
- Kumar, Nagesh & Aggarwal, Aradhna, 2005. "Liberalization, outward orientation and in-house R&D activity of multinational and local firms: A quantitative exploration for Indian manufacturing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 441-460, May.
- Egbetokun, Abiodun A., 2015. "Interactive learning and firm-level capabilities in latecomer settings: The Nigerian manufacturing industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 231-241.
- repec:spr:scient:v:97:y:2013:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1055-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Peilei, 2008. "Innovation Capacity and Economic Development: China and India," WIDER Working Paper Series 031, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:29:y:2000:i:9:p:1081-1093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.