Deregulation, technology imports and in-house R&D efforts: an analysis of the Indian experience
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Teece, David J, 1977. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-how," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(346), pages 242-61, June.
- Siddharthan, N. S. & Pandit, B. L., 1998. "Liberalisation and investment: behaviour of MNEs and large corporate firms in India," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 535-548, October.
- Wang, Jian-Ye & Blomstrom, Magnus, 1992.
"Foreign investment and technology transfer : A simple model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 137-155, January.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Jian-Ye Wang, 1989. "Foreign Investment and Technology Transfer: A Simple Model," NBER Working Papers 2958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-96, September.
- William S. Comanor, 1967. "Market Structure, Product Differentiation, and Industrial Research," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 81(4), pages 639-657.
- N. S. Siddharthan & B. L. Pandit, 1992. "Deregulations, Entry and Industrial Performance: The Impact of Recent Indian Policy Changes," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 27, pages 377-384.
- Schmookler, Jacob, 1962. "Economic Sources of Inventive Activity," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 1-20, March.
- Stoneman, P, 1979. "Patenting Activity: A Re-evaluation of the Influence of Demand Pressures," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 385-401, June.
- Katrak, Homi, 1985. "Imported Technology, Enterprise Size and R&D in a Newly Industrializing Country: The Indian Experience," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 47(3), pages 213-29, August.
- Siddharthan, N. S., 1992. "Transaction costs, technology transfer, and in-house R&D : A study of the Indian private corporate sector," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 265-271, July.
- Deolalikar, Anil B & Evenson, Robert E, 1989.
"Technology Production and Technology Purchase in Indian Industry: An Econometric Analysis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 689-92, November.
- Deolalikar, A.B. & Evenson, R.E., 1988. "Technology Production And Technology Purchase In Indian Industry: An Econometric Analysis," Papers 556, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Katrak, Homi, 1989. "Imported technologies and R&D in a newly industrialising country : The experience of Indian enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 123-139, July.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1983. "Determinants of R&D in an LDC : The Indian engineering industry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 379-383.
- Paul A. GEROSKI & Alexis Jacquemin, 1981. "Imports as a Competitive Discipline," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1981031, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Katrak, Homi, 1997. "Developing countries' imports of technology, in-house technological capabilities and efforts: an analysis of the Indian experience," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 67-83, June.
- Desai, Ashok V., 1984. "India's technological capability: An analysis of its achievements and limits," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 303-310, October.
- Evenson, Robert E. & Westphal, Larry E., 1995. "Technological change and technology strategy," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 37, pages 2209-2299 Elsevier.
- Pandit, B. L. & Siddharthan, N. S., 1998. "Technological acquisition and investment: lessons from recent indian experience," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 43-55, January.
- Braga, Helson & Willmore, Larry, 1991. "Technological Imports and Technological Effort: An Analysis of Their Determinants in Brazilian Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 421-32, June.
- Mowery, David C & Oxley, Joanne E, 1995. "Inward Technology Transfer and Competitiveness: The Role of National Innovation Systems," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 67-93, February.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investments and Technology Transfers in Development: A Perspective on Recent Literature," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 06, United Nations University - INTECH.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:29:y:2000:i:9:p:1081-1093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.