Trade agreements, domestic environmental regulation, and transboundary pollution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jayadevappa, Ravishankar & Chhatre, Sumedha, 2000. "International trade and environmental quality: a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 175-194, February.
- Copeland, Brian R., 2000. "Trade and environment: policy linkages," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(04), pages 405-432, October.
- Rodney D. Ludema & Ian Wooton, 1994.
"Cross-Border Externalities and Trade Liberalization: The Strategic Control of Pollution,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(4), pages 950-966, November.
- Ludema, R.D. & Wooton, I., 1992. "Cross-Border Externalities and trade Liberalization: The Strategic Control of Pollution," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9202, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Krutilla, Kerry, 1991. "Environmental regulation in an open economy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 127-142, March.
- Josh Ederington & Jenny Minier, 2003.
"Is environmental policy a secondary trade barrier? An empirical analysis,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 137-154, February.
- Josh Ederington & Jenny Minier, 2000. "Is Environmental Policy a Secondary Trade Barrier? An Empirical Analysis," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1507, Econometric Society.
- Ottar MÆstad, 1998. "On the Efficiency of Green Trade Policy," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Hungerford, Thomas L., 1991. "GATT: A cooperative equilibrium in a noncooperative trading regime?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 357-369, November.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1984. "International Trade Policy for Oligopolistic Industries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376a), pages 1-16, Supplemen.
- Burguet, Roberto & Sempere, Jaume, 2003. "Trade liberalization, environmental policy, and welfare," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 25-37, July.
- Kennedy Peter W., 1994. "Equilibrium Pollution Taxes in Open Economies with Imperfect Competition," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 49-63, July.
- Brian R. Copeland, 1990. "Strategic Interaction among Nations: Negotiable and Non-negotiable Trade Barriers," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(1), pages 84-108, February.
- Ulph, Alistair, 1996. "Environmental Policy and International Trade when Governments and Producers Act Strategically," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 265-281, May.
- John S. Wilson & Catherine L. Mann & Tsunehiro Otsuki, 2003. "Trade Facilitation and Economic Development: A New Approach to Quantifying the Impact," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 17(3), pages 367-389, December.
- Yann Duval & Stephen Hamilton, 2002. "Strategic Environmental Policy and International Trade in Asymmetric Oligopoly Markets," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(3), pages 259-271, May.
- Lisandro Abrego & Carlo Perroni & John Whalley & Randall M. Wigle, 1997.
"Trade and Environment: Bargaining Outcomes from Linked Negotiations,"
NBER Working Papers
6216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lisandro Abrego & Carlo Perroni & John Whalley & Randall M. Wigle, 1999. "Trade and Environment: Bargaining Outcomes from Linked Negotiations," CSGR Working papers series 27/99, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- Georges Tanguay, 2001. "Strategic Environmental Policies under International Duopolistic Competition," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(5), pages 793-811, November.
- Nicole Gürtzgen & Michael Rauscher, 2000. "Environmental Policy, Intra-Industry Trade and Transfrontier Pollution," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 17(1), pages 59-71, September.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, August.
- Abrego, Lisandro, et al, 2001. "Trade and Environment: Bargaining Outcomes from Linked Negotiations," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 414-428, August.
- Markusen, James R., 1975. "International externalities and optimal tax structures," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Rauscher, Michael, 1997. "International Trade, Factor Movements, and the Environment," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290506.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Thomas A. Barthold, 1994. "Issues in the Design of Environmental Excise Taxes," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 133-151, Winter.
- Josh Ederington, 2001. "International Coordination of Trade and Domestic Policies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1580-1593, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Keisuke Kawata & Yasunori Ouchida, 2013. "Offshoring, trade and environmental policies: Effects of transboundary pollution," IDEC DP2 Series 3-8, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Morihiro Yomogida & Nori Tarui, 2013.
"Emission Taxes and Border Tax Adjustments for Oligopolistic Industries,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 644-673, December.
- Morihiro Yomogida & Nori Tarui, 2013. "Emission Taxes and Border Tax Adjustments for Oligopolistic Industries," Working Papers 201317, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Michel Cavagnac & Isabelle Péchoux, 2010.
"Domestic Effects of Environmental Policies with Transboundary Pollution,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 76(1), pages 113-134.
- CAVAGNAC Michel & PECHOUX Isabelle, 2007. "Domestic effects of environmental policies with transboundary pollution," LERNA Working Papers 07.07.228, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Michel Cavagnac & Isabelle Péchoux, 2010. "Domestic Effects of Environmental Poclicies with Transboundary Pollution," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2010014, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Takeshi Iida & Kenji Takeuchi, 2011. "Does free trade promote environmental technology transfer?," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 104(2), pages 159-190, October.
- Takao Asano & Noriaki Matsushima, 2014. "Environmental regulation and technology transfers," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 889-904, August.
- Hainoun, A. & Almoustafa, A. & Seif Aldin, M., 2010. "Estimating the health damage costs of syrian electricity generation system using impact pathway approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 628-638.
- Fabio Antoniou & Panos Hatzipanayotou & Michael S. Michael & Nikos Tsakiris, 2016. "On the Efficiency of Destination and Origin Commodity Taxation in the Presence of Consumption Generated Cross-Border Pollution," CESifo Working Paper Series 6221, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tai-Liang Chen & Leonard Wang, 2010. "Trade liberalization and transboundary pollution in an international mixed duopoly," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 12(4), pages 187-200, December.
- Takeshi Iida & Kenji Takeuchi, 2010. "Policy-Induced Environmental Technology Transfer," Discussion Papers 1008, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:resene:v:30:y:2008:i:2:p:209-228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.