Energy poverty: An overview
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2008.
"Environment, human development and economic growth,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 867-880, February.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2006. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth," International Energy Markets Working Papers 12113, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, human development and economic growth," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0062, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers 2006.35, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chaturvedi, Vaibhav & Eom, Jiyong & Clarke, Leon E. & Shukla, Priyadarshi R., 2014. "Long term building energy demand for India: Disaggregating end use energy services in an integrated assessment modeling framework," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 226-242.
- Bhide, Anjali & Monroy, Carlos Rodríguez, 2011. "Energy poverty: A special focus on energy poverty in India and renewable energy technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1057-1066, February.
- van der Kroon, Bianca & Brouwer, Roy & van Beukering, Pieter J.H., 2013. "The energy ladder: Theoretical myth or empirical truth? Results from a meta-analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 504-513.
- Benes, Jaromir & Chauvet, Marcelle & Kamenik, Ondra & Kumhof, Michael & Laxton, Douglas & Mursula, Susanna & Selody, Jack, 2015. "The future of oil: Geology versus technology," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 207-221.
- Fatih Birol, 2007. "Energy Economics: A Place for Energy Poverty in the Agenda?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-6.
- Pachauri, Shonali & Spreng, Daniel, 2011. "Measuring and monitoring energy poverty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7497-7504.
- Priyadarshi R. Shukla & Vaibhav Chaturvedi, 2013. "Sustainable energy transformations in India under climate policy," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 48-59, January.
- Martinez, Daniel M. & Ebenhack, Ben W., 2008. "Understanding the role of energy consumption in human development through the use of saturation phenomena," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1430-1435, April.
- John Hills, 2012. "Final report of the Hills Independent Fuel Poverty Review: Getting the Measure of Fuel Poverty," CASE Reports casereport72, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Chakravarty, Shoibal & Tavoni, Massimo, 2013.
"Energy poverty alleviation and climate change mitigation: Is there a trade off?,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages 67-73.
- Chakravarty, Shoibal & Tavoni, Massimo, 2013. "Energy Poverty Alleviation and Climate Change Mitigation: Is There a Trade off?," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 148897, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Shoibal Chakravarty & Massimo Tavoni, 2013. "Energy Poverty Alleviation and Climate Change Mitigation: is There a Trade off?," Working Papers 2013.25, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sagar, Ambuj D., 2005. "Alleviating energy poverty for the world's poor," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1367-1372, July.
- Michael R. Raupach & Steven J. Davis & Glen P. Peters & Robbie M. Andrew & Josep G. Canadell & Philippe Ciais & Pierre Friedlingstein & Frank Jotzo & Detlef P. van Vuuren & Corinne Le Quéré, 2014. "Sharing a quota on cumulative carbon emissions," Nature Climate Change, Nature, vol. 4(10), pages 873-879, October.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 13191, December.
- del Río, Pablo & Burguillo, Mercedes, 2008. "Assessing the impact of renewable energy deployment on local sustainability: Towards a theoretical framework," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1325-1344, June.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 2001. "The curse of natural resources," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 827-838, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Uche-Soria, Manuel & Rodríguez-Monroy, Carlos, 2020. "Energy planning and its relationship to energy poverty in decision making. A first approach for the Canary Islands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 140(C).
- Recep Ulucak & Ramazan Sari & Seyfettin Erdogan & Rui Alexandre Castanho, 2021. "Bibliometric Literature Analysis of a Multi-Dimensional Sustainable Development Issue: Energy Poverty," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(17), pages 1-21, August.
- Andadari, Roos Kities & Mulder, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2014. "Energy poverty reduction by fuel switching. Impact evaluation of the LPG conversion program in Indonesia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 436-449.
- Cheng, Chao-yo & Urpelainen, Johannes, 2014. "Fuel stacking in India: Changes in the cooking and lighting mix, 1987–2010," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 306-317.
- Igawa, Moegi & Managi, Shunsuke, 2022. "Energy poverty and income inequality: An economic analysis of 37 countries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 306(PB).
- Hannah Goozee, 2017. "Energy, poverty and development: a primer for the Sustainable Development Goals," Working Papers 156, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Li, Kang & Lloyd, Bob & Liang, Xiao-Jie & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2014. "Energy poor or fuel poor: What are the differences?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 476-481.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wang, Yao, 2020. "Does energy poverty really exist in China? From the perspective of residential electricity consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C).
- Rafi, Muhammed & Naseef, Mohemmad & Prasad, Salu, 2021. "Multidimensional energy poverty and human capital development: Empirical evidence from India," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C).
- Sadath, Anver C. & Acharya, Rajesh H., 2017. "Assessing the extent and intensity of energy poverty using Multidimensional Energy Poverty Index: Empirical evidence from households in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 540-550.
- Mahumane, Gilberto & Mulder, Peter, 2022. "Urbanization of energy poverty? The case of Mozambique," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 159(C).
- Agnieszka Biernat-Jarka & Paulina Trębska & Sławomir Jarka, 2021. "The Role of Renewable Energy Sources in Alleviating Energy Poverty in Households in Poland," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(10), pages 1-21, May.
- George E. Halkos & Eleni-Christina Gkampoura, 2021. "Coping with Energy Poverty: Measurements, Drivers, Impacts, and Solutions," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(10), pages 1-14, May.
- Marlena Piekut, 2020. "Patterns of Energy Consumption in Polish One-Person Households," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(21), pages 1-31, October.
- Abre-Rehmat Qurat-ul-Ann & Faisal Mehmood Mirza, 2021. "Determinants of multidimensional energy poverty in Pakistan: a household level analysis," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(8), pages 12366-12410, August.
- Hannah Goozee, 2017. "Energy, Poverty and Development: A Primer for the Sustainable Development Goals," Working Papers id:11933, eSocialSciences.
- Gafa, Dede W. & Egbendewe, Aklesso Y.G., 2021. "Energy poverty in rural West Africa and its determinants: Evidence from Senegal and Togo," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 156(C).
- Behzadan, Nazanin & Chisik, Richard & Onder, Harun & Battaile, Bill, 2017.
"Does inequality drive the Dutch disease? Theory and evidence,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 104-118.
- Richard Chisik & Nazanin Behzadan & Harun Onder & Bill Battaile, 2015. "Does Inequality Drive the Dutch Disease? Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 044, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Legendre, Bérangère & Ricci, Olivia, 2015.
"Measuring fuel poverty in France: Which households are the most fuel vulnerable?,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 620-628.
- Bérangère Legendre & Olivia Ricci, 2015. "Measuring fuel poverty in France: Which households are the most fuel vulnerable?," Post-Print hal-01283999, HAL.
- Pérez, Claudia & Claveria, Oscar, 2020. "Natural resources and human development: Evidence from mineral-dependent African countries using exploratory graphical analysis," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy poverty; Energy access; Indoor air pollution; Economic development;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:47:y:2015:i:c:p:377-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.