A review on exergy analysis of industrial sector
Performance analysis of industrial sector with high-energy consumption, about 30–70% of total energy use of the countries, is taken into consideration recently. A number of studies have been conducted on energy analysis of different industries and during the last decades exergy analysis applied to offer more realistic suggestions for optimization and improvement of the industrial sector. The present study reviews the existing studies on exergy analysis of industrial sector. The irreversibility and losses of industrial processes are also determined. It is concluded that industrial sector has a high potential of improving in order to reduce the energy consumption and emissions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 27 (2013)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saidur, R. & Sattar, M.A. & Masjuki, H.H. & Ahmed, S. & Hashim, U., 2007. "An estimation of the energy and exergy efficiencies for the energy resources consumption in the transportation sector in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4018-4026, August.
- Saidur, R. & Masjuki, H.H. & Jamaluddin, M.Y., 2007. "An application of energy and exergy analysis in residential sector of Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1050-1063, February.
- Rismanchi, B. & Saidur, R. & BoroumandJazi, G. & Ahmed, S., 2012. "Energy, exergy and environmental analysis of cold thermal energy storage (CTES) systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 5741-5746.
- Madlool, N.A. & Saidur, R. & Hossain, M.S. & Rahim, N.A., 2011. "A critical review on energy use and savings in the cement industries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 2042-2060, May.
- Rosen, M.A., 1992. "Evaluation of energy utilization efficiency in Canada using energy and exergy analyses," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 339-350.
- Al-Ghandoor, A. & Phelan, P.E. & Villalobos, R. & Jaber, J.O., 2010. "Energy and exergy utilizations of the U.S. manufacturing sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3048-3065.
- Kirova-Yordanova, Zornitza, 2004. "Exergy analysis of industrial ammonia synthesis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2373-2384.
- Saidur, R. & Sattar, M.A. & Masjuki, H.H. & Abdessalam, H. & Shahruan, B.S., 2007. "Energy and exergy analysis at the utility and commercial sectors of Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1956-1966, March.
- Utlu, Zafer & Hepbasli, Arif, 2008. "Energetic and exergetic assessment of the industrial sector at varying dead (reference) state temperatures: A review with an illustrative example," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1277-1301, June.
- Ayres, Robert U., 1998. "Eco-thermodynamics: economics and the second law," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 189-209, August.
- Abdelaziz, E.A. & Saidur, R. & Mekhilef, S., 2011. "A review on energy saving strategies in industrial sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 150-168, January.
- Oladiran, M.T. & Meyer, J.P., 2007. "Energy and exergy analyses of energy consumptions in the industrial sector in South Africa," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(10), pages 1056-1067, October.
- Wall, Göran, 1988. "Exergy flows in industrial processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 197-208.
- Saidur, R. & Ahamed, J.U. & Masjuki, H.H., 2010. "Energy, exergy and economic analysis of industrial boilers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2188-2197, May.
- Ostrovski, Oleg & Zhang, Guangqing, 2005. "Energy and exergy analyses of direct ironsmelting processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(15), pages 2772-2783.
- Steenhof, Paul A., 2006. "Decomposition of electricity demand in China's industrial sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 370-384, May.
- Ahamed, J.U. & Saidur, R. & Masjuki, H.H., 2011. "A review on exergy analysis of vapor compression refrigeration system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1593-1600, April.
- Al-Ghandoor, A. & Al-Hinti, I. & Jaber, J.O. & Sawalha, S.A., 2008. "Electricity consumption and associated GHG emissions of the Jordanian industrial sector: Empirical analysis and future projection," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 258-267, January.
- Al-Mansour, Fouad & Merse, Stane & Tomsic, Miha, 2003. "Comparison of energy efficiency strategies in the industrial sector of Slovenia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 421-440.
- Wang, Jiangfeng & Dai, Yiping & Gao, Lin, 2009. "Exergy analyses and parametric optimizations for different cogeneration power plants in cement industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(6), pages 941-948, June.
- Costa, Márcio Macedo & Schaeffer, Roberto & Worrell, Ernst, 2001. "Exergy accounting of energy and materials flows in steel production systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 363-384.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:27:y:2013:i:c:p:198-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.