A review on exergy analysis of industrial sector
Performance analysis of industrial sector with high-energy consumption, about 30–70% of total energy use of the countries, is taken into consideration recently. A number of studies have been conducted on energy analysis of different industries and during the last decades exergy analysis applied to offer more realistic suggestions for optimization and improvement of the industrial sector. The present study reviews the existing studies on exergy analysis of industrial sector. The irreversibility and losses of industrial processes are also determined. It is concluded that industrial sector has a high potential of improving in order to reduce the energy consumption and emissions.
Volume (Year): 27 (2013)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saidur, R. & Ahamed, J.U. & Masjuki, H.H., 2010. "Energy, exergy and economic analysis of industrial boilers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2188-2197, May.
- Saidur, R. & Sattar, M.A. & Masjuki, H.H. & Ahmed, S. & Hashim, U., 2007. "An estimation of the energy and exergy efficiencies for the energy resources consumption in the transportation sector in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4018-4026, August.
- Costa, Márcio Macedo & Schaeffer, Roberto & Worrell, Ernst, 2001. "Exergy accounting of energy and materials flows in steel production systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 363-384.
- Al-Ghandoor, A. & Al-Hinti, I. & Jaber, J.O. & Sawalha, S.A., 2008. "Electricity consumption and associated GHG emissions of the Jordanian industrial sector: Empirical analysis and future projection," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 258-267, January.
- Utlu, Zafer & Hepbasli, Arif, 2008. "Energetic and exergetic assessment of the industrial sector at varying dead (reference) state temperatures: A review with an illustrative example," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1277-1301, June.
- Ayres, Robert U., 1998. "Eco-thermodynamics: economics and the second law," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 189-209, August.
- Kirova-Yordanova, Zornitza, 2004. "Exergy analysis of industrial ammonia synthesis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2373-2384.
- Oladiran, M.T. & Meyer, J.P., 2007. "Energy and exergy analyses of energy consumptions in the industrial sector in South Africa," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(10), pages 1056-1067, October.
- Ostrovski, Oleg & Zhang, Guangqing, 2005. "Energy and exergy analyses of direct ironsmelting processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(15), pages 2772-2783.
- Abdelaziz, E.A. & Saidur, R. & Mekhilef, S., 2011. "A review on energy saving strategies in industrial sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 150-168, January.
- Madlool, N.A. & Saidur, R. & Hossain, M.S. & Rahim, N.A., 2011. "A critical review on energy use and savings in the cement industries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 2042-2060, May.
- Wall, Göran, 1988. "Exergy flows in industrial processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 197-208.
- Saidur, R. & Sattar, M.A. & Masjuki, H.H. & Abdessalam, H. & Shahruan, B.S., 2007. "Energy and exergy analysis at the utility and commercial sectors of Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1956-1966, March.
- Wang, Jiangfeng & Dai, Yiping & Gao, Lin, 2009. "Exergy analyses and parametric optimizations for different cogeneration power plants in cement industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(6), pages 941-948, June.
- Rismanchi, B. & Saidur, R. & BoroumandJazi, G. & Ahmed, S., 2012. "Energy, exergy and environmental analysis of cold thermal energy storage (CTES) systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 5741-5746.
- Rosen, M.A., 1992. "Evaluation of energy utilization efficiency in Canada using energy and exergy analyses," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 339-350.
- Steenhof, Paul A., 2006. "Decomposition of electricity demand in China's industrial sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 370-384, May.
- Ahamed, J.U. & Saidur, R. & Masjuki, H.H., 2011. "A review on exergy analysis of vapor compression refrigeration system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1593-1600, April.
- Saidur, R. & Masjuki, H.H. & Jamaluddin, M.Y., 2007. "An application of energy and exergy analysis in residential sector of Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1050-1063, February.
- Al-Ghandoor, A. & Phelan, P.E. & Villalobos, R. & Jaber, J.O., 2010. "Energy and exergy utilizations of the U.S. manufacturing sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3048-3065.
- Al-Mansour, Fouad & Merse, Stane & Tomsic, Miha, 2003. "Comparison of energy efficiency strategies in the industrial sector of Slovenia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 421-440.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:27:y:2013:i:c:p:198-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.