Life cycle cost analysis and payback period of lighting retrofit at the University of Malaya
This study presents the potential energy saving, life cycle cost analysis and payback period of the lighting system in campus buildings of the University of Malaya, Malaysia. The survey results indicate that almost 90% of the lighting system at the University Malaya campus consists of fluorescent lamp. Cost benefit analysis of retrofitting with more efficient lighting system in terms of potential energy saving, life cycle cost analysis and payback period have been conducted. Comparison of existing and retrofitting of lighting system based on the energy consumption is presented. From the analysis, it can be concluded that by using energy efficient lighting system will save a significant amounts of energy and cost, and also indirectly reducing emission.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mahlia, T. M. I. & Masjuki, H. H. & Saidur, R. & Amalina, M. A., 2004. "Viewpoint: Mitigation of emissions through energy efficiency standards for room air conditioners in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1783-1787, November.
- Mahlia, T.M.I. & Iqbal, A., 2010. "Cost benefits analysis and emission reductions of optimum thickness and air gaps for selected insulation materials for building walls in Maldives," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2242-2250.
- Mahlia, T. M. I. & Masjuki, H. H. & Saidur, R. & Amalina, M. A., 2004. "Cost-benefit analysis of implementing minimum energy efficiency standards for household refrigerator-freezers in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1819-1824, November.
- Di Stefano, Julian, 2000. "Energy efficiency and the environment: the potential for energy efficient lighting to save energy and reduce carbon dioxide emissions at Melbourne University, Australia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 823-839.
- Mahlia, T.M.I. & Masjuki, H.H. & Saidur, R. & Choudhury, I.A. & NoorLeha, A.R., 2003. "Projected electricity savings from implementing minimum energy efficiency standard for household refrigerators in Malaysia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 751-754.
- Chwieduk, Dorota A., 2009. "Recommendation on modelling of solar energy incident on a building envelope," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 736-741.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:2:p:1125-1132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.