Field synergy analysis for turbulent heat transfer on ribs roughened solar air heater
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mittal, M.K. & Varun, & Saini, R.P. & Singal, S.K., 2007. "Effective efficiency of solar air heaters having different types of roughness elements on the absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 739-745.
- Hamid, Mohammed O.A. & Zhang, Bo & Yang, Luopeng, 2014. "Application of field synergy principle for optimization fluid flow and convective heat transfer in a tube bundle of a pre-heater," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 241-253.
- Gupta, M.K. & Kaushik, S.C., 2009. "Performance evaluation of solar air heater for various artificial roughness geometries based on energy, effective and exergy efficiencies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 465-476.
- Yu, Zhi-Qiang & Feng, Yong-Liang & Zhou, Wen-Jing & Jin, Yu & Li, Ming-Jie & Li, Zeng-Yao & Tao, Wen-Quan, 2013. "Study on flow and heat transfer characteristics of composite porous material and its performance analysis by FSP and EDEP," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1367-1375.
- Singh Yadav, Anil & Kumar Thapak, Manish, 2014. "Artificially roughened solar air heater: Experimental investigations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 370-411.
- Varun, & Patnaik, Amar & Saini, R.P. & Singal, S.K. & Siddhartha,, 2009. "Performance prediction of solar air heater having roughened duct provided with transverse and inclined ribs as artificial roughness," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2914-2922.
- Aharwal, K.R. & Gandhi, B.K. & Saini, J.S., 2008. "Experimental investigation on heat-transfer enhancement due to a gap in an inclined continuous rib arrangement in a rectangular duct of solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 585-596.
- Li, Yuqiang & Liu, Gang & Rao, Zhenghua & Liao, Shengming, 2015. "Field synergy principle analysis for reducing natural convection heat loss of a solar cavity receiver," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 257-265.
- Yadav, Anil Singh & Bhagoria, J.L., 2013. "Heat transfer and fluid flow analysis of solar air heater: A review of CFD approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 60-79.
- Chaube, Alok & Sahoo, P.K. & Solanki, S.C., 2006. "Analysis of heat transfer augmentation and flow characteristics due to rib roughness over absorber plate of a solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 317-331.
- Ozgen, Filiz & Esen, Mehmet & Esen, Hikmet, 2009. "Experimental investigation of thermal performance of a double-flow solar air heater having aluminium cans," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2391-2398.
- Kumar, Sharad & Saini, R.P., 2009. "CFD based performance analysis of a solar air heater duct provided with artificial roughness," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1285-1291.
- Layek, Apurba & Saini, J.S. & Solanki, S.C., 2009. "Effect of chamfering on heat transfer and friction characteristics of solar air heater having absorber plate roughened with compound turbulators," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1292-1298.
- Kumar, Anil & Saini, R.P. & Saini, J.S., 2013. "Development of correlations for Nusselt number and friction factor for solar air heater with roughened duct having multi v-shaped with gap rib as artificial roughness," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 151-163.
- Tanda, Giovanni, 2011. "Performance of solar air heater ducts with different types of ribs on the absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6651-6660.
- Singh, Sukhmeet & Chander, Subhash & Saini, J.S., 2011. "Heat transfer and friction factor correlations of solar air heater ducts artificially roughened with discrete V-down ribs," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5053-5064.
- Saxena, Abhishek & Varun, & El-Sebaii, A.A., 2015. "A thermodynamic review of solar air heaters," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 863-890.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Varun Kumar B. & G. Manikandan & P. Rajesh Kanna & Dawid Taler & Jan Taler & Marzena Nowak-Ocłoń & Karol Mzyk & Hoong Thiam Toh, 2018. "A Performance Evaluation of a Solar Air Heater Using Different Shaped Ribs Mounted on the Absorber Plate—A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Chauhan, Ranchan & Singh, Tej & Thakur, N.S. & Patnaik, Amar, 2016. "Optimization of parameters in solar thermal collector provided with impinging air jets based upon preference selection index method," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 118-126.
- Hui Xiao & Zhimin Dong & Rui Long & Kun Yang & Fang Yuan, 2019. "A Study on the Mechanism of Convective Heat Transfer Enhancement Based on Heat Convection Velocity Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-22, November.
- Zhao, Xiaohuan & E, Jiaqiang & Zhang, Zhiqing & Chen, Jingwei & Liao, Gaoliang & Zhang, Feng & Leng, Erwei & Han, Dandan & Hu, Wenyu, 2020. "A review on heat enhancement in thermal energy conversion and management using Field Synergy Principle," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 257(C).
More about this item
KeywordsTurbulent heat transfer; Rib turbulators; Viscous dissipation; Field synergy; Optimization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:83:y:2015:i:c:p:1007-1019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.