Application of field synergy principle for optimization fluid flow and convective heat transfer in a tube bundle of a pre-heater
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Hyun-Min & Moon, Mi-Ae & Kim, Kwang-Yong, 2011. "Multi-objective optimization of a cooling channel with staggered elliptic dimples," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 3419-3428.
- Lee, Hoseong & Saleh, Khaled & Hwang, Yunho & Radermacher, Reinhard, 2012. "Optimization of novel heat exchanger design for the application to low temperature lift heat pump," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 204-212.
- Daróczy, László & Janiga, Gábor & Thévenin, Dominique, 2014. "Systematic analysis of the heat exchanger arrangement problem using multi-objective genetic optimization," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 364-373.
- Li, Chennan & Goswami, Yogi & Stefanakos, Elias, 2013. "Solar assisted sea water desalination: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 136-163.
- Calise, Francesco & Dentice d'Accadia, Massimo & Piacentino, Antonio, 2014. "A novel solar trigeneration system integrating PVT (photovoltaic/thermal collectors) and SW (seawater) desalination: Dynamic simulation and economic assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 129-148.
- Wang, Yongqing & Lior, Noam, 2011. "Thermoeconomic analysis of a low-temperature multi-effect thermal desalination system coupled with an absorption heat pump," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 3878-3887.
- Sharaf, M.A. & Nafey, A.S. & García-Rodríguez, Lourdes, 2011. "Thermo-economic analysis of solar thermal power cycles assisted MED-VC (multi effect distillation-vapor compression) desalination processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 2753-2764.
- Gude, Veera Gnaneswar & Nirmalakhandan, Nagamany & Deng, Shuguang, 2011. "Desalination using solar energy: Towards sustainability," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 78-85.
- Yuan, Fang & Chen, Qun, 2011. "Two energy conservation principles in convective heat transfer optimization," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5476-5485.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ming-Che Lin & Ruei-Fong Lin, 2022. "Design Analysis of Heat Sink Using the Field Synergy Principle and Multitarget Response Surface Methodology," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(22), pages 1-13, November.
- Wang, Yiping & Fu, Hailing & Huang, Qunwu & Cui, Yong & Sun, Yong & Jiang, Lihong, 2015. "Experimental study of direct contact vaporization heat transfer on n-pentane-water flowing interface," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 854-863.
- Tian Zhao & Di Liu & Ke-Lun He & Xi Chen & Qun Chen, 2020. "An Integrated Three-Level Synergetic and Reliable Optimization Method Considering Heat Transfer Process, Component, and System," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(16), pages 1-19, August.
- Zhao, Xiaohuan & E, Jiaqiang & Zhang, Zhiqing & Chen, Jingwei & Liao, Gaoliang & Zhang, Feng & Leng, Erwei & Han, Dandan & Hu, Wenyu, 2020. "A review on heat enhancement in thermal energy conversion and management using Field Synergy Principle," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 257(C).
- Hamid, Mohammed O.A. & Zhang, Bo, 2015. "Field synergy analysis for turbulent heat transfer on ribs roughened solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 1007-1019.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Li, Chennan & Goswami, D. Yogi & Shapiro, Andrew & Stefanakos, Elias K. & Demirkaya, Gokmen, 2012. "A new combined power and desalination system driven by low grade heat for concentrated brine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 582-595.
- Xie, Guo & Sun, Licheng & Yan, Tiantong & Tang, Jiguo & Bao, Jingjing & Du, Min, 2018. "Model development and experimental verification for tubular solar still operating under vacuum condition," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 115-130.
- Janghorban Esfahani, Iman & Kang, Yong Tae & Yoo, ChangKyoo, 2014. "A high efficient combined multi-effect evaporation–absorption heat pump and vapor-compression refrigeration part 1: Energy and economic modeling and analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 312-326.
- Manju, S. & Sagar, Netramani, 2017. "Renewable energy integrated desalination: A sustainable solution to overcome future fresh-water scarcity in India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 594-609.
- Calise, Francesco & Macaluso, Adriano & Piacentino, Antonio & Vanoli, Laura, 2017. "A novel hybrid polygeneration system supplying energy and desalinated water by renewable sources in Pantelleria Island," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 1086-1106.
- Calise, Francesco & Dentice d'Accadia, Massimo & Macaluso, Adriano & Vanoli, Laura & Piacentino, Antonio, 2016. "A novel solar-geothermal trigeneration system integrating water desalination: Design, dynamic simulation and economic assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P3), pages 1533-1547.
- Elsayed, Mohamed L. & Mesalhy, Osama & Mohammed, Ramy H. & Chow, Louis C., 2019. "Performance modeling of MED-MVC systems: Exergy-economic analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 552-568.
- Abdelhay, AymanO. & Fath, HassanE.S. & Nada, S.A., 2020. "Solar driven polygeneration system for power, desalination and cooling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 198(C).
- Araghi, Alireza Hosseini & Khiadani, Mehdi & Hooman, Kamel, 2016. "A novel vacuum discharge thermal energy combined desalination and power generation system utilizing R290/R600a," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 215-224.
- Suárez, Francisco & Ruskowitz, Jeffrey A. & Tyler, Scott W. & Childress, Amy E., 2015. "Renewable water: Direct contact membrane distillation coupled with solar ponds," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 532-539.
- Calise, Francesco & Dentice d’Accadia, Massimo & Vanoli, Raffaele & Vicidomini, Maria, 2019. "Transient analysis of solar polygeneration systems including seawater desalination: A comparison between linear Fresnel and evacuated solar collectors," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 647-660.
- Anand, B. & Shankar, R. & Murugavelh, S. & Rivera, W. & Midhun Prasad, K. & Nagarajan, R., 2021. "A review on solar photovoltaic thermal integrated desalination technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 141(C).
- Calise, F. & Dentice d'Accadia, M. & Piacentino, A., 2015. "Exergetic and exergoeconomic analysis of a renewable polygeneration system and viability study for small isolated communities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(P3), pages 290-307.
- González, Daniel & Amigo, José & Suárez, Francisco, 2017. "Membrane distillation: Perspectives for sustainable and improved desalination," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 238-259.
- Qasem, Naef A.A. & Lawal, Dahiru U. & Aljundi, Isam H. & Abdallah, Ayman M. & Panchal, Hitesh, 2022. "Novel integration of a parallel-multistage direct contact membrane distillation plant with a double-effect absorption refrigeration system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 323(C).
- DeLovato, Nicolas & Sundarnath, Kavin & Cvijovic, Lazar & Kota, Krishna & Kuravi, Sarada, 2019. "A review of heat recovery applications for solar and geothermal power plants," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-1.
- Ibrahim, Amin & Rahnamayan, Shahryar & Vargas Martin, Miguel & Yilbas, Bekir, 2014. "Multi-objective thermal analysis of a thermoelectric device: Influence of geometric features on device characteristics," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 305-317.
- Zhen Zhao & Liang Xu & Jianmin Gao & Lei Xi & Qicheng Ruan & Yunlong Li, 2022. "Multi-Objective Optimization of Parameters of Channels with Staggered Frustum of a Cone Based on Response Surface Methodology," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(3), pages 1, February.
- Liu, Long & Wang, Mingqing & Chen, Yu, 2019. "A practical research on capillaries used as a front-end heat exchanger of seawater-source heat pump," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 170-179.
- Calise, Francesco & Cipollina, Andrea & Dentice d’Accadia, Massimo & Piacentino, Antonio, 2014. "A novel renewable polygeneration system for a small Mediterranean volcanic island for the combined production of energy and water: Dynamic simulation and economic assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 675-693.
More about this item
KeywordsField synergy principle; Tube bundle; Convective heat transfer; Numerical simulation; Optimization;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:76:y:2014:i:c:p:241-253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.