On the determination of regional base and regional base multipliers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Michael J. Boskin & Eytan Sheshinski, 1978. "Optimal Redistributive Taxation When Individual Welfare Depends upon Relative Income," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(4), pages 589-601.
- Romano, Richard E, 1991. "When Excessive Consumption Is Rational," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 553-564, June.
- Evans, Alan W, 1992. "Road Congestion: The Diagrammatic Analysis: Comment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 211-217, February.
- De Meza, David & Gould, J R, 1987. "Free Access versus Private Property in a Resource: Income Distributions Compared," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1317-1325, December.
- Varian, Hal R., 1980. "Redistributive taxation as social insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-68, August.
- Niskanen, Esko, 1987. "Congestion tolls and consumer welfare," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 171-174, April.
- Hochman, Harold M & Rodgers, James D, 1969. "Pareto Optimal Redistribution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 542-557, Part I Se.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Perry Burnett & Harvey Cutler & Stephen Davies, 2012. "Understanding The Unique Impacts Of Economic Growth Variables," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 451-468, August.
- William D. Larson & Weihua Zhao, 2016. "Oil Prices and Urban Housing Demand," Staff Working Papers 16-03, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- Thomas R. Harris & J. Scott Shonkwiler & George E. Ebai, 1999. "Dynamic Nonmetropolitan Export-Base Modeling," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 29(2), pages 115-138, Fall.
- Shu-hen Chiang, 2009. "Location quotient and trade," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2), pages 399-414, June.
- Berck, Peter & Costello, Christopher & Hoffman, Sandra & Fortmann, Louise, 1999. "Poverty program participation and employment in timber-dependent counties," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9c19v6jg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Coulson, N. Edward, 1999. "Sectoral sources of metropolitan growth," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 723-743, November.
- Anthony M. Yezer & Daniel A. Broxterman, 2014. "Why Does Skill Intensity Vary Across Cities? Housing Cost and True Human Capital," Working Papers 2014-15, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Cutler, Harvey & England, Scott & Weiler, Stephan, 2003. "Determining Regional Structure through Cointegration," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 33(2), pages 164-183.
- Perry Burnett, 2012. "Urban Industrial Composition and the Spatial Expansion of Cities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(4), pages 764-781.
- Broxterman, Daniel A. & Yezer, Anthony M., 2015. "Why does skill intensity vary across cities? The role of housing cost," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 14-27.
- Peter Berck & Sandra Hoffmann, 2002. "Assessing the Employment Impacts of Environmental and Natural Resource Policy," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 133-156, June.
- Maureen Kilkenny & Mark D. Partridge, 2009. "Export Sectors and Rural Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 910-929.
- Ramos Lobo, R. & Clar López, M. & Suriñach Caralt, J., 2000. "Comparación de la capacidad predictiva de los modelos de coeficientes fijos frente a variables en los modelos econométricos regionales: un análisis para Cataluña," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 15, pages 125-162, Agosto.
- Thompson, Eric C., 2007. "Measuring the Impact of Tourism on Rural Development: An Econometric Approach," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 37(2).
- Peter G. McGregor & Eric P. McVittie & J. Kim Swales & Ya Ping Yin, 2000. "The Neoclassical Economic Base Multiplier," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 1-31.
- Hoffmann, Sandra & Berek, Peter & Costello, Christopher & Fortmann, Louise, 2000. "Poverty and Employment in Timber-Dependent Counties," Discussion Papers dp-00-52, Resources For the Future.
- Coulson, N. Edward & Liu, Crocker H. & Villupuram, Sriram V., 2013. "Urban economic base as a catalyst for movements in real estate prices," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 1023-1040.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:22:y:1992:i:4:p:619-635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.