Post-secondary fees and the decision to attend a university or a community college
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin M. Murphy & Finis Welch, 1992. "The Structure of Wages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 285-326.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Lo, Andrew W. & MacKinlay, A. Craig, 1992.
"An ordered probit analysis of transaction stock prices,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 319-379, June.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Lo, Andrew W. & MacKinlay, Archie Craig, 1955-, 1990. "An ordered probit analysis of transaction stock prices," Working papers 3234-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Jerry A. Hausman & Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1991. "An Ordered Probit Analysis of Transaction Stock Prices," NBER Working Papers 3888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, J.A. & Lo, A.W. & MacKinlay, A.C., 1991. "An Ordered Probit Analysis of Transaction Stock Prices," Weiss Center Working Papers 26-91, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Heath, Julia A. & Tuckman, Howard P., 1987. "The effects of tuition level and financial aid on the demand for undergraduate and advanced terminal degrees," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 227-238, June.
- Ganderton, Philip T., 1992. "The effect of subsidies in kind on the choice of a college," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 269-292.
- Parker, Jeffrey & Summers, Jeffrey, 1993. "Tuition and enrollment yield at selective liberal arts colleges," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 311-324, December.
- Altonji, Joseph G, 1993.
"The Demand for and Return to Education When Education Outcomes Are Uncertain,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 48-83, January.
- Joseph G. Altonji, 1991. "The Demand for and Return to Education When Education Outcomes are Uncertain," NBER Working Papers 3714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Comay, Yochanan & Melnik, A & Pollatschek, M A, 1973. "The Option Value of Education and the Optimal Path for Investment in Human Capital," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 421-435, June.
- Jeff Grogger & Eric Eide, 1995. "Changes in College Skills and the Rise in the College Wage Premium," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(2), pages 280-310.
- Chressanthis, George A., 1986. "The impacts of tuition rate changes on college undergraduate headcounts and credit hours over time -- a case study," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 205-217, April.
- Kane, Thomas J & Rouse, Cecilia Elena, 1995. "Labor-Market Returns to Two- and Four-Year College," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 600-614, June.
- Kane, Thomas J, 1994. "College Entry by Blacks since 1970: The Role of College Costs, Family Background, and the Returns to Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 878-911, October.
- Kao, Chihwa & Wu, Chunchi, 1990. "Two-Step Estimation of Linear Models with Ordinal Unobserved Variables: The Case of Corporate Bonds," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 317-325, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heckman, James J. & Jacobs, Bas, 2009.
"Policies to Create and Destroy Human Capital in Europe,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4680, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James J. Heckman & Bas Jacobs, 2010. "Policies to Create and Destroy Human Capital in Europe," NBER Working Papers 15742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blomquist Glenn C. & Troske Kenneth R. & Coomes Paul A. & Jepsen Christopher & Koford Brandon C., 2014.
"Estimating the social value of higher education: willingness to pay for community and technical colleges,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-39, January.
- Blomquist, Glenn C. & Coomes, Paul A. & Jepsen, Christopher & Koford, Brandon C. & Troske, Kenneth R., 2014. "Estimating the social value of higher education: willingness to pay for community and technical colleges," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, pages 3-41.
- Blomquist, Glenn C. & Coomes, Paul A. & Jepsen, Christopher & Koford, Brandon C. & Troske, Kenneth, 2009. "Estimating the Social Value of Higher Education: Willingness to Pay for Community and Technical Colleges," IZA Discussion Papers 4086, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Glenn C. Blomquist & Paul Coomes & Christopher Jepsen & et al., 2014. "Estimating the social value of higher education: willingness to pay for community and technical colleges," Open Access publications 10197/7459, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Asplund, Rita (ed.), . "Education and Earnings. Further Evidence from Europe," ETLA B, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 183.
- Curtis J. Simon & Sebastian Negrusa & John T. Warner, 2010. "EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS AND MILITARY SERVICE: AN ANALYSIS OF ENLISTMENT, REENLISTMENT, AND VETERANS' BENEFIT USAGE 1991-2005-super-," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(4), pages 1008-1031, October.
- Bridget Terry Long & Michal Kurlaender, 2008. "Do Community Colleges provide a Viable Pathway to a Baccalaureate Degree?," NBER Working Papers 14367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bas Jacobs, 2002. "An investigation of education finance reform; graduate taxes and income contingent loans in the Netherlands," CPB Discussion Paper 9, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Darragh Flannery & John Cullinan, 2013. "Where they go, what they do and why it matters: The importance of geographic accessibility and social class for decisions relating to higher education institution type, degree level and field of study," Working Papers WP042013, University of Limerick, Department of Economics, revised May 2013.
- Sandy, Jonathan & Gonzalez, Arturo & Hilmer, Michael J., 2006. "Alternative paths to college completion: Effect of attending a 2-year school on the probability of completing a 4-year degree," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 463-471, October.
- Flannery, Darragh & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2009. "The Determinants of Higher Education Participation in Ireland: A Micro Analysis," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 40(1), pages 73-107.
- Lauer, Charlotte, 2000. "Enrolments in higher education in West Germany: the impact of social background, labour market returns and educational funding," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-59, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Nutting, Andrew W., 2008. "Costs of attendance and the educational programs of first-time community college students," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 450-459, August.
- Bas Jacobs, 2004. "The Lost Race between Schooling and Technology," De Economist, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 47-78, March.
- Małgorzata Kłobuszewska & Magdalena Rokicka, 2016. "Do local characteristics matter? Secondary school track choice in Poland," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 45.
- Jepsen, Christopher & Montgomery, Mark, 2009.
"Miles to go before I learn: The effect of travel distance on the mature person's choice of a community college,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, pages 64-73.
- Christopher Jepsen & Mark Montgomery, 2009. "Miles to go before I learn: The effect of travel distance on the mature person's choice of a community college," Open Access publications 10197/4443, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Regina Riphahn & Florian Schieferdecker, 2012.
"The transition to tertiary education and parental background over time,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 635-675, January.
- Regina Riphahn & Florian Schieferdecker, 2008. "The Transition to Tertiary Education and Parental Background over Time," Working Papers 063, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Jacobs, Bas, 2007. "Real options and human capital investment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 913-925, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11242 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Cullinan & Darragh Flannery & Sharon Walsh & Selina Mccoy, 2013.
"Distance Effects, Social Class and the Decision to Participate in Higher Education in Ireland,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, pages 19-51.
- Cullinan, John & Flannery, Darragh & Walsh, Sharon & McCoy, Selina, 2012. "Distance Effects, Social Class and the Decision to Participate in Higher Education in Ireland," Papers WP444, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Hilmer, Michael J., 2001. "Redistributive fee increases, net attendance costs, and the distribution of students at the public university," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 551-562, December.
- Hilmer, Michael J., 2001. "A comparison of alternative specifications of the college attendance equation with an extension to two-stage selectivity-correction models," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 263-278, June.
- Nifo, Annamaria & Scalera, Domenico & Vecchione, Gaetano, 2016. "What do you want to be when you grow up? Local institutional quality and the choice of the fields of study in Italy (2004-2007)," MPRA Paper 69907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:67:y:1998:i:3:p:329-348. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.