Performance analysis of demand planning approaches for aggregating, forecasting and disaggregating interrelated demands
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shin-Lian Lo & Fu-Kwun Wang & James T. Lin, 2008. "Forecasting for the LCD monitor market," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(4), pages 341-356.
- Aigner, Dennis J & Goldfeld, Stephen M, 1974. "Estimation and Prediction from Aggregate Data when Aggregates are Measured More Accurately than Their Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 113-134, January.
- Gfrerer, Helmut & Zapfel, Gunther, 1995. "Hierarchical model for production planning in the case of uncertain demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 142-161, October.
- Nesim Erkip & Warren H. Hausman & Steven Nahmias, 1990. "Optimal Centralized Ordering Policies in Multi-Echelon Inventory Systems with Correlated Demands," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(3), pages 381-392, March.
- Tiao, George C & Tsay, Ruey S, 1983. "Multiple Time Series Modeling and Extended Sample Cross-Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(1), pages 43-56, January.
- Dangerfield, Byron J. & Morris, John S., 1992. "Top-down or bottom-up: Aggregate versus disaggregate extrapolations," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 233-241, October.
- Zotteri, Giulio & Kalchschmidt, Matteo & Caniato, Federico, 2005. "The impact of aggregation level on forecasting performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 479-491, January.
- Dekker, Mark & van Donselaar, Karel & Ouwehand, Pim, 2004. "How to use aggregation and combined forecasting to improve seasonal demand forecasts," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 151-167, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Yun Shin, 2014. "Management of a periodic-review inventory system using Bayesian model averaging when new marketing efforts are made," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 278-289.
- Sbrana, Giacomo & Silvestrini, Andrea, 2013.
"Forecasting aggregate demand: Analytical comparison of top-down and bottom-up approaches in a multivariate exponential smoothing framework,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 185-198.
- Giacomo Sbrana & Andrea Silvestrini, 2013. "Forecasting aggregate demand: analytical comparison of top-down and bottom-up approaches in a multivariate exponential smoothing framework," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 929, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Wang, Gang & Gunasekaran, Angappa & Ngai, Eric W.T. & Papadopoulos, Thanos, 2016. "Big data analytics in logistics and supply chain management: Certain investigations for research and applications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 98-110.
- Boylan, John E. & Babai, M. Zied, 2016. "On the performance of overlapping and non-overlapping temporal demand aggregation approaches," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PA), pages 136-144.
- Poloni, Federico & Sbrana, Giacomo, 2015. "A note on forecasting demand using the multivariate exponential smoothing framework," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 143-150.
More about this item
KeywordsTop-down forecasting Demand aggregation Disaggregation Bivariate VAR(1) time series;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:128:y:2010:i:2:p:586-602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.