Backorder penalty cost coefficient "b": What could it be?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vishal Gaur & Young-Hoon Park, 2007. "Asymmetric Consumer Learning and Inventory Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(2), pages 227-240, February.
- Campo, Katia & Gijsbrechts, Els & Nisol, Patricia, 2004.
"Dynamics in consumer response to product unavailability: do stock-out reactions signal response to permanent assortment reductions?,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 57(8), pages 834-843, August.
- CAMPO, Katia & GIJSBRECHTS, Els & NISOL, Patricia, 2000. "Dynamics in consumer response to product unavailability: Do stock-out reactions signal response to permanent assortment reductions?," Working Papers 2000024, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Muhittin Oral & Michael S. Salvador & Arnold Reisman & Burton V. Dean, 1972. "On the Evaluation of Shortage Costs for Inventory Control of Finished Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(6), pages 344-351, February.
- Ernst, Ricardo & Powell, Stephen G., 1995. "Optimal inventory policies under service-sensitive demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 316-327, December.
- Fitzsimons, Gavan J, 2000. " Consumer Response to Stockouts," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 249-266, September.
- Ziv Carmon & J. George Shanthikumar & Tali F. Carmon, 1995. "A Psychological Perspective on Service Segmentation Models: The Significance of Accounting for Consumers' Perceptions of Waiting and Service," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(11), pages 1806-1815, November.
- Eric T. Anderson & Gavan J. Fitzsimons & Duncan Simester, 2006. "Measuring and Mitigating the Costs of Stockouts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(11), pages 1751-1763, November.
- Argon, Nilay Tanik & Gullu, Refik & Erkip, Nesim, 2001. "Analysis of an inventory system under backorder correlated deterministic demand and geometric supply process," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 247-254, May.
- Zhou, Rongrong & Soman, Dilip, 2003. " Looking Back: Exploring the Psychology of Queuing and the Effect of the Number of People Behind," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 517-530, March.
- B. L. Schwartz, 1970. "Optimal Inventory Policies in Perturbed Demand Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(8), pages 509-518, April.
- Piyush Kumar & Manohar U. Kalwani & Maqbool Dada, 1997. "The Impact of Waiting Time Guarantees on Customers' Waiting Experiences," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(4), pages 295-314.
- Urban, Timothy L., 1995. "Inventory models with the demand rate dependent on stock and shortage levels," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 21-28, June.
- Tava Lennon Olsen & Rodney P. Parker, 2008. "Inventory Management Under Market Size Dynamics," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(10), pages 1805-1821, October.
- James D. Dana, Jr. & Nicholas C. Petruzzi, 2001. "Note: The Newsvendor Model with Endogenous Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(11), pages 1488-1497, November.
- Noah Gans, 2002. "Customer Loyalty and Supplier Quality Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(2), pages 207-221, February.
- Benjamin L. Schwartz, 1966. "A New Approach to Stockout Penalties," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(12), pages 538-544, August.
- Willard I. Zangwill, 1969. "A Backlogging Model and a Multi-Echelon Model of a Dynamic Economic Lot Size Production System--A Network Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(9), pages 506-527, May.
- Everette S. Gardner, Jr. & David G. Dannenbring, 1979. "Using Optimal Policy Surfaces to Analyze Aggregate Inventory Tradeoffs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(8), pages 709-720, August.
- Liming Liu & Weixin Shang & Shaohua Wu, 2007. "Dynamic Competitive Newsvendors with Service-Sensitive Demands," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(1), pages 84-93, June.
- Anantaram Balakrishnan & Michael S. Pangburn & Euthemia Stavrulaki, 2004. ""Stack Them High, Let 'em Fly": Lot-Sizing Policies When Inventories Stimulate Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(5), pages 630-644, May.
- Lode Li, 1992. "The Role of Inventory in Delivery-Time Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(2), pages 182-197, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Levner, Eugene & Perlman, Yael & Cheng, T.C.E. & Levner, Ilya, 2011. "A network approach to modeling the multi-echelon spare-part inventory system with backorders and interval-valued demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 43-51, July.
- Louly, Mohamed-Aly & Dolgui, Alexandre, 2011. "Optimal time phasing and periodicity for MRP with POQ policy," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 76-86, May.
- repec:taf:tsysxx:v:46:y:2015:i:11:p:1944-1952 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:263:y:2017:i:3:p:838-863 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eugene Khmelnitsky & Gonen Singer, 2015. "An optimal inventory management problem with reputation-dependent demand," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 231(1), pages 305-316, August.
- Nadjib Brahimi & Tarik Aouam, 2016. "Multi-item production routing problem with backordering: a MILP approach," International Journal of Production Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(4), pages 1076-1093, February.
- Rezaei, Jafar & Davoodi, Mansoor, 2011. "Multi-objective models for lot-sizing with supplier selection," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 77-86, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic order quantity Stockout Backorders Perturbed demand;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:123:y:2010:i:1:p:166-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.