Measuring and Mitigating the Costs of Stockouts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Duncan I. Simester & Peng Sun & John N. Tsitsiklis, 2006. "Dynamic Catalog Mailing Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(5), pages 683-696, May.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1986. "Fairness and the Assumptions of Economics," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 285-300, October.
- Fitzsimons, Gavan J, 2000. " Consumer Response to Stockouts," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 249-266, September.
- Wernerfelt, Birger, 1995. " A Rational Reconstruction of the Compromise Effect: Using Market Data to Infer Utilities," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 627-633, March.
- Peter S. Fader & Bruce G. S. Hardie & Ka Lok Lee, 2005. "“Counting Your Customers” the Easy Way: An Alternative to the Pareto/NBD Model," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 275-284, August.
- Dana, James D, Jr, 2001. "Competition in Price and Availability When Availability is Unobservable," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 497-513.
- Dana, James D, Jr, 2001.
"Competition in Price and Availability When Availability is Unobservable,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, pages 497-513.
- James D. Dana, 2000. "Competition in Price and Availability when Availability is Unobservable," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1450, Econometric Society.
- Teck-Hua Ho & Young-Hoon Park & Yong-Pin Zhou, 2006. "Incorporating Satisfaction into Customer Value Analysis: Optimal Investment in Lifetime Value," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 260-277, 05-06.
- James D. Dana, Jr. & Nicholas C. Petruzzi, 2001. "Note: The Newsvendor Model with Endogenous Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(11), pages 1488-1497, November.
- David C. Schmittlein & Donald G. Morrison & Richard Colombo, 1987. "Counting Your Customers: Who-Are They and What Will They Do Next?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(1), pages 1-24, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric T. Anderson & Karsten Hansen & Duncan Simester, 2009. "The Option Value of Returns: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(3), pages 405-423, 05-06.
- Karthik Balasubramanian & David F. Drake, 2015. "Service Quality, Inventory and Competition: An Empirical Analysis of Mobile Money Agents in Africa," Harvard Business School Working Papers 15-059, Harvard Business School, revised Oct 2015.
- Necati Tereyagoglu & Senthil Veeraraghavan, 2012.
"Selling to Conspicuous Consumers: Pricing, Production, and Sourcing Decisions,"
INFORMS, pages 2168-2189.
- Tanjim Hossain & John List, 2009. "The Behavioralist Visits the Factory: Increasing Productivity Using Simple Framing Manipulations," Natural Field Experiments 00468, The Field Experiments Website.
- Tanjim Hossain & John A. List, 2009. "The Behavioralist Visits the Factory: Increasing Productivity Using Simple Framing Manipulations," NBER Working Papers 15623, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thiesse, Frédéric & Buckel, Thomas, 2015. "A comparison of RFID-based shelf replenishment policies in retail stores under suboptimal read rates," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 126-136.
- Samii, Amir-Behzad & Pibernik, Richard & Yadav, Prashant, 2011. "An inventory reservation problem with nesting and fill rate-based performance measures," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 393-402, September.
- Eric Anderson & Benjamin A. Malin & Emi Nakamura & Duncan Simester & Jón Steinsson, 2013.
"Informational Rigidities and the Stickiness of Temporary Sales,"
NBER Working Papers
19350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malin, Benjamin A. & Anderson, Eric & Nakamura, Emi & Simester, Duncan & Steinsson, Jon, 2015. "Informational Rigidities and the Stickiness of Temporary Sales," Staff Report 513, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Antonio Rosato, 2016.
"Selling substitute goods to loss-averse consumers: limited availability, bargains, and rip-offs,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 47(3), pages 709-733, August.
- Rosato, Antonio, 2013. "Selling Substitute Goods to Loss-Averse Consumers: Limited Availability, Bargains and Rip-offs," MPRA Paper 47168, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tava Lennon Olsen & Rodney P. Parker, 2008. "Inventory Management Under Market Size Dynamics," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1805-1821.
- Xuanming Su & Fuqiang Zhang, 2009. "On the Value of Commitment and Availability Guarantees When Selling to Strategic Consumers," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 713-726.
- Vishal Gaur & Young-Hoon Park, 2007. "Asymmetric Consumer Learning and Inventory Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 227-240.
- repec:eee:moneco:v:90:y:2017:i:c:p:64-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Desmond (Ho-Fu) Lo & Stephen W. Salant, 2016. "The strategic use of early bird discounts for dealers," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 97-127, June.
- Liberopoulos, George & Tsikis, Isidoros & Delikouras, Stefanos, 2010. "Backorder penalty cost coefficient "b": What could it be?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 166-178, January.
- Lejeune, Miguel A., 2013. "Probabilistic modeling of multiperiod service levels," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(2), pages 299-312.
- Ilkyeong Moon & Yoon Jea Jeong & Subrata Saha, 2016. "Fuzzy Bi-Objective Production-Distribution Planning Problem under the Carbon Emission Constraint," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-17, August.
- Samii, Amir-Behzad, 2016. "Impact of nested inventory allocation policies in a newsvendor setting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PA), pages 247-256.
- Rezaei, Jafar & Davoodi, Mansoor, 2011. "Multi-objective models for lot-sizing with supplier selection," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 77-86, March.
- Katsuhiko Shimizu, "undated". "New Strategy Implementation and Learning: Importance of Consensus," Working Papers 0034, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Andrés Musalem & Marcelo Olivares & Eric T. Bradlow & Christian Terwiesch & Daniel Corsten, 2010. "Structural Estimation of the Effect of Out-of-Stocks," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1180-1197.
- Sachs, Anna-Lena & Minner, Stefan, 2014. "The data-driven newsvendor with censored demand observations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 28-36.
- Becerril-Arreola, Rafael & Leng, Mingming & Parlar, Mahmut, 2013. "Online retailers’ promotional pricing, free-shipping threshold, and inventory decisions: A simulation-based analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(2), pages 272-283.
More about this item
Keywordsinventory; long run; stockouts;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:52:y:2006:i:11:p:1751-1763. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .