Measuring and Mitigating the Costs of Stockouts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Duncan I. Simester & Peng Sun & John N. Tsitsiklis, 2006. "Dynamic Catalog Mailing Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(5), pages 683-696, May.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1986. "Fairness and the Assumptions of Economics," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 285-300, October.
- Fitzsimons, Gavan J, 2000. " Consumer Response to Stockouts," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 249-266, September.
- Wernerfelt, Birger, 1995. " A Rational Reconstruction of the Compromise Effect: Using Market Data to Infer Utilities," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 627-633, March.
- Peter S. Fader & Bruce G. S. Hardie & Ka Lok Lee, 2005. "“Counting Your Customers” the Easy Way: An Alternative to the Pareto/NBD Model," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 275-284, August.
- Dana, James D, Jr, 2001.
"Competition in Price and Availability When Availability is Unobservable,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(3), pages 497-513, Autumn.
- James D. Dana, 2000. "Competition in Price and Availability when Availability is Unobservable," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1450, Econometric Society.
- Teck-Hua Ho & Young-Hoon Park & Yong-Pin Zhou, 2006. "Incorporating Satisfaction into Customer Value Analysis: Optimal Investment in Lifetime Value," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 260-277, 05-06.
- James D. Dana, Jr. & Nicholas C. Petruzzi, 2001. "Note: The Newsvendor Model with Endogenous Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(11), pages 1488-1497, November.
- David C. Schmittlein & Donald G. Morrison & Richard Colombo, 1987. "Counting Your Customers: Who-Are They and What Will They Do Next?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(1), pages 1-24, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric T. Anderson & Karsten Hansen & Duncan Simester, 2009. "The Option Value of Returns: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(3), pages 405-423, 05-06.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:240:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-013-1512-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karthik Balasubramanian & David F. Drake, 2015. "Service Quality, Inventory and Competition: An Empirical Analysis of Mobile Money Agents in Africa," Harvard Business School Working Papers 15-059, Harvard Business School, revised Oct 2015.
- Necati Tereyagoglu & Senthil Veeraraghavan, 2012. "Selling to Conspicuous Consumers: Pricing, Production, and Sourcing Decisions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(12), pages 2168-2189, December.
- Thiesse, Frédéric & Buckel, Thomas, 2015. "A comparison of RFID-based shelf replenishment policies in retail stores under suboptimal read rates," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 126-136.
- Samii, Amir-Behzad & Pibernik, Richard & Yadav, Prashant, 2011. "An inventory reservation problem with nesting and fill rate-based performance measures," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 393-402, September.
- Eric Anderson & Benjamin A. Malin & Emi Nakamura & Duncan Simester & Jón Steinsson, 2013.
"Informational Rigidities and the Stickiness of Temporary Sales,"
NBER Working Papers
19350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malin, Benjamin A. & Anderson, Eric & Nakamura, Emi & Simester, Duncan & Steinsson, Jon, 2015. "Informational Rigidities and the Stickiness of Temporary Sales," Staff Report 513, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Antonio Rosato, 2016.
"Selling substitute goods to loss-averse consumers: limited availability, bargains, and rip-offs,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 47(3), pages 709-733, August.
- Rosato, Antonio, 2013. "Selling Substitute Goods to Loss-Averse Consumers: Limited Availability, Bargains and Rip-offs," MPRA Paper 47168, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tava Lennon Olsen & Rodney P. Parker, 2008. "Inventory Management Under Market Size Dynamics," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(10), pages 1805-1821, October.
- Xuanming Su & Fuqiang Zhang, 2009. "On the Value of Commitment and Availability Guarantees When Selling to Strategic Consumers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(5), pages 713-726, May.
- Vishal Gaur & Young-Hoon Park, 2007. "Asymmetric Consumer Learning and Inventory Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(2), pages 227-240, February.
- repec:eee:moneco:v:90:y:2017:i:c:p:64-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Desmond (Ho-Fu) Lo & Stephen W. Salant, 2016. "The strategic use of early bird discounts for dealers," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 97-127, June.
- Liberopoulos, George & Tsikis, Isidoros & Delikouras, Stefanos, 2010. "Backorder penalty cost coefficient "b": What could it be?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 166-178, January.
- Lejeune, Miguel A., 2013. "Probabilistic modeling of multiperiod service levels," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(2), pages 299-312.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:5:p:1134-1150 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:8:p:1569-1587 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ilkyeong Moon & Yoon Jea Jeong & Subrata Saha, 2016. "Fuzzy Bi-Objective Production-Distribution Planning Problem under the Carbon Emission Constraint," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-17, August.
- Samii, Amir-Behzad, 2016. "Impact of nested inventory allocation policies in a newsvendor setting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PA), pages 247-256.
- Rezaei, Jafar & Davoodi, Mansoor, 2011. "Multi-objective models for lot-sizing with supplier selection," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 77-86, March.
- Katsuhiko Shimizu, "undated". "New Strategy Implementation and Learning: Importance of Consensus," Working Papers 0034, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Andrés Musalem & Marcelo Olivares & Eric T. Bradlow & Christian Terwiesch & Daniel Corsten, 2010. "Structural Estimation of the Effect of Out-of-Stocks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(7), pages 1180-1197, July.
- Sachs, Anna-Lena & Minner, Stefan, 2014. "The data-driven newsvendor with censored demand observations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 28-36.
- Becerril-Arreola, Rafael & Leng, Mingming & Parlar, Mahmut, 2013. "Online retailers’ promotional pricing, free-shipping threshold, and inventory decisions: A simulation-based analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(2), pages 272-283.
More about this item
Keywordsinventory; long run; stockouts;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:52:y:2006:i:11:p:1751-1763. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.