Central bank conservatism and labor market regulation
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lohmann, Susanne, 1992. "Optimal Commitment in Monetary Policy: Credibility versus Flexibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 273-86, March.
- Beck, Thorsten & Clarke, George & Groff, Alberto & Keefer, Philip & Walsh, Patrick, 2000. "New tools and new tests in comparative political economy - the database of political institutions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2283, The World Bank.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages C1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Berthold, Norbert & Fehn, Rainer, 1998. "Does EMU Promote Labor-Market Reforms?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 509-36.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Schaling, E. & Hoeberichts, M.M., 1997.
"Central Bank independence : A sensitivity analysis,"
1997-10, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Schaling, E. & Hoeberichts, M.M., 1998. "Central bank independence : A sensitivity analysis," Other publications TiSEM ebcf989c-472b-4d24-b7c2-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Schaling, E. & Hoeberichts, M.M., 1997. "Central bank independence : A sensitivity analysis," Other publications TiSEM 59020a3a-1cb8-4e8f-a2b8-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Sibert, Anne & Sutherland, Alan, 2000. "Monetary union and labor market reform," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 421-435, August.
- Walsh, Carl-E, 1997. "Inflation and Central Bank Independence: Is Japan Really an Outlier?," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 15(1), pages 89-117, May.
- Jordahl, H. & Laseen, S., 1999.
"Central Bank Conservatism and Labor Market Reform,"
1999:23, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Alex Cukierman, 1992.
"Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, and Independence: Theory and Evidence,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262031981, March.
- Cukierman Alex, 1992. "Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, And Independance: Theory And Evidence," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 10, December.
- Cukierman, Alex & Lippi, Francesco, 1999.
"Central bank independence, centralization of wage bargaining, inflation and unemployment:: Theory and some evidence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1395-1434, June.
- Cukierman, A. & Lippi, F., 1998. "Central Bank Independence, Centralization of Wage Bargaining, Inflation and Unemployment - Theory and Some Evidence," Discussion Paper 1998-116, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Berger, Helge & de Haan, Jakob & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W, 2001.
" Central Bank Independence: An Update of Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 3-40, February.
- Berger, Helge & de Haan, Jakob & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W, 2000. "Central Bank Independence: An Update of Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2353, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina, 1988. "Macroeconomics and Politics," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1988, Volume 3, pages 13-62 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George J. Bratsiotis & Christopher Martin, .
"Stabilisation, Policy Targets and Unemployment in Imperfectly Competitive Economies,"
Economics and Finance Discussion Papers
98-08, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Bratsiotis, George & Martin, Christopher, 1999. " Stabilisation, Policy Targets and Unemployment in Imperfectly Competitive Economies," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 101(2), pages 241-56, June.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Mangano, Gabriel, 1998. "Measuring Central Bank Independence: A Tale of Subjectivity and of Its Consequences," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 468-92, July.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Jimeno, Juan F., 1997.
"The causes of Spanish unemployment: A structural VAR approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1281-1307, July.
- Juan J. Dolado & Juan F. Jimeno, . "The causes of Spanish unemployment: A structural VAR apporach," Working Papers 96-19, FEDEA.
- Guzzo, Vincenzo & Velasco, Andres, 1999. "The case for a populist Central Banker," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1317-1344, June.
- David Soskice & Torben Iversen, 2000. "The Nonneutrality of Monetary Policy with Large Price or Wage Setters," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(1), pages 265-284.
- Calmfors, Lars, 2001. "Unemployment, Labor Market Reform, and Monetary Union," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 265-89, April.
- Stephen Nickell, 1997. "Unemployment and Labor Market Rigidities: Europe versus North America," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 55-74, Summer.
- Barro, Robert J & Gordon, David B, 1983.
"A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 589-610, August.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1981. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model," NBER Working Papers 0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:21:y:2005:i:2:p:345-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.